If Seahawks make a trade it could be on offense-Rob Staton

McGruff

Reaction score
Ismt that what DK has been doing though?

Among the league leaders in yards per recpetion.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ross would be pretty great with Russ throwing him corner shots. As McGruff mentions we do already have two guys who can do that well in Lockett and DK. Similarly, AJ Green is talented but DK can run the same routes that he does.

What the wide receiver group is lacking right now is a possession guy who can find seams and run the low numbered routes when it's third and seven. Dissly has made up for a ton of that at TE so I think we're just doing due diligence on the trade market and not particularly desperate.

I don't like his price but Diggs does make sense as a possession target.Route chart DIG218895 2018 reg 11 1542601882271

Rat

Reaction score
getnasty":3k4nlxmv said:
massari":3k4nlxmv said:
getnasty":3k4nlxmv said:
massari":3k4nlxmv said:
The Seahawks have had so much success with ex Vikings WR's....let's give up more high draft picks for another one making $15M a year who has always been the #2 behind Thielen.

Nate Burleson and Sidney Rice?
You're saying they were good for what they cost the Seahawks? You forgot Harvin.

I'm saying Nate and Sidney were very good players for the Hawks.

Rice had a few moments, but we came nowhere near getting our money's worth from him. Burleson was adequate for trading a third round pick; wasn't amazing, but not a Harvin-esque disaster either. I don't consider him a bust anyway.

2_0_6

Reaction score
McGruff":29ej8gba said:
Ismt that what DK has been doing though?

Among the league leaders in yards per recpetion.

To an extent yes, but DK's route running is still a bit suspect. I would LOVE Ross returning kicks or punts, KEEP LOCKETT HEALTHY

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Diggs is a great receiver, but no thanks. He's not going to be happy with his targets, and we certainly don't want to be on the hook for the majority of his cap hit over the next 2-3 years after he signed his monster deal.

If we get offensive help, I want it on the O-line. If not, we need CB and safety help. In order;

- CB
- safety
- O-line

blazen2392

Reaction score
2_0_6":2tifws39 said:
McGruff":2tifws39 said:
2_0_6":2tifws39 said:
If we were going to trade for one receiver, I'm going with John Ross. not because he's a Husky, but he is under team control, costs less money, and would cost a FRACTION of what Diggs would in draft picks.

We have that big bodied WR in D.K now, a catch everything, squirmy WR in Lockett, what we don't have is a burner to take the top off the Defense.

Wait what?

Lockett runs a straight 4.4

Do ran a 4.33

Sure, Ross is faster than anyone ever (officially), but those guys are burners.

Are you confused?

Yes I know Lockett's a jitterbug, but Lockett is Russ' security blanket and rarely runs straight go routes these days with no ADB in the fold. Having someone like Ross to constantly take the top off the D is what we need, kinda like a poor man's, less crazy AB.

Also, having Ross back there to return kicks and punts would make me feel better than having locket do it.

DK and Lockett are both burners. Ross is not a good receiver imo. He would add nothing to this team. If anything we need another chain moving receiver like Lockett. We need a high reception type of receiver that will keep drives alive. We don't need any more 2 target burners that are only useful for big plays. we already have that with metcalf.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2segirdz said:
To an extent yes, but DK's route running is still a bit suspect.

Yeah, he should be a precise-route-runner with no flaws at all. After all, he's already played 5 games as a pro! A definite bust who requires the Seahawks to make a desperation trade... :roll: :roll: :roll:

2_0_6

Reaction score
GeekHawk":xa2jhtob said:
2_0_6":xa2jhtob said:

Yeah, he should be a precise-route-runner with no flaws at all. After all, he's already played 5 games as a pro! A definite bust who requires the Seahawks to make a desperation trade... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eye roll all you want, but if you haven't read it was kinda a big knock on him coming out of the draft by just about EVERYONE.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39nkqd8t said:
Ross would bring nothing to this team? :?

Potentially. He could be a bad fit. He could get injured. He could take reps away from young guys that need them. He could drop/fumble at a crucial time. Plenty of ways for a player to be a negative body count in this league.

Of course he could also be a third down magician easing Dissly and Lockett's load. Who knows.

The problem I see is that we just finished drafting 3 WR's. Do we really want to curb their development and waste those picks in doing so? That's why i can't see us chasing a WR. Unless the coaching staff already sees DK, Ursua and Jennings as major errors.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not saying I want them to go get him. I'm saying he could help the team.
I prefer Diggs or Sanders though.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2ryjv499 said:
GeekHawk":2ryjv499 said:
2_0_6":2ryjv499 said:

Eye roll all you want, but if you haven't read it was kinda a big knock on him coming out of the draft by just about EVERYONE.

"Just about EVERYONE" also gave us straight Fs for drafting Russell Wilson. Please something of substance to the table. That was a nothingburger.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm not saying we like Ross, but the options he could bring.. thinking that fly sweep would be exciting as hell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Big time. He's a good player, not sure how anyone would think he's not a good player. But all a matter of opinion.

2_0_6

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1ex0umb5 said:
2_0_6":1ex0umb5 said:
GeekHawk":1ex0umb5 said:
2_0_6":1ex0umb5 said:

"Just about EVERYONE" also gave us straight Fs for drafting Russell Wilson. Please something of substance to the table. That was a nothingburger.

Look at DK's routes through the first 5 games. 90%+ have been go routes, open your eyes its not a conspiracy theory.. His major weakness is his route running.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1sq0l13r said:
Big time. He's a good player, not sure how anyone would think he's not a good player. But all a matter of opinion.

Good player, but not terribly reliable so far. It felt like he was turning a corner before getting hurt though, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting him, but it depends on the price. I'd rather go all-in on Green for a year. A Lockett-Diggs-Metcalf receiving trio is crazy intriguing too, although Diggs wouldn't be cheap.

Rat

Reaction score
2_0_6":28kwhi1f said:
GeekHawk":28kwhi1f said:
2_0_6":28kwhi1f said:
GeekHawk":28kwhi1f said:

Look at DK's routes through the first 5 games. 90%+ have been go routes, open your eyes its not a conspiracy theory.. His major weakness is his route running.

I didn't even realize this was a matter of opinion. DK is very raw as a route runner. Admirable that he has been able to be productive regardless, but he has considerable room for growth in that department; that was like 50% of the reason he fell to the end of the second round, combined with a suspect injury history and less-than-stellar college production.

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2w1lrwwc said:
Maybe those are the routes they are asking him to run?

They are the routes that were run by Brown and Moore last year, and Lockett at the position before.

That appears to be a substantial part of how they scheme that position.

That it plays into Metcalf's strengths is not coincidence.