Cortez Kennedy dead at 48

Heyseed

Reaction score
irocdave":c7cv1tw2 said:
This may have been posted earlier on this site, I don't recall. The only controversy Tez was involved in with the Seahawks was when he and Rick Mirer were caught eating hot dogs during a game on the sidelines. It was a huge deal back then.

Look at our team right now and think about that.

So great! I think that was a pre-season game in San Francisco

chet380

Reaction score
Driving the 300 miles in the rain, sleet and fog to watch the nightmarish early 90's Hawks teams often seemed to be an exercise in masochism but for the prospect of seeing Tez doing something so outlandishly awesome that it would have you still shaking your head days later -- Thanks for the memories, Big Guy.... R.I.P.

two dog

Reaction score
I remember at training camp in Cheney Tez's jersey had "BIG DOG" on the back instead
of his name. He was the alpha dog, a man full grown from the day he arrived who only gained
in stature with the passing years.

A very difficult time, partly because of the thunderclap nature of his departure, partly because he
will be so terribly missed by his family. But no more so than by his Seahawk family.

Seymour

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2gglo1hz said:
Words do not provide justice to the effort.

My favorite play of all time was vs. Kansas City, possibly rookie year. He met Christian Okoye with a full head and slammed him backwards. Dierdorf said something like "That is what happens when 260 pounds meets +300". Tez knocked the nightmare back and that was the end of the Seattle Seahawks being trucked by Okoye.

Great story and I remember that play as well. Every player he hit went backwards. You never saw a run like Lynch vs Fart bucket where he got trucked by someone. There was no quit in the guy.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, way too early. I pray for his family and those close to him. Tez was always my favorite Seahawk and the 1st one I met in person along with Sam Adams back in 4th grade for some competition the Seahawks put on for schools around the area where 4 kids from my school got to go to the Kingdome and play on the field with the players. I'm so happy that he got to experience making it into the hall of fame before dying at such a young age.

You will be missed Tez!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
RIP Big Dog...You left too soon, but got to see your beloved Hawks get their ring and were honored in the HOF as you should have been. Thanks for the torch in the darkness!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
WOW, unbelievably sad and way too young. RIP Tez, you were the best.

penihawk

Reaction score
Probably my favorite Hawk of all time! Gonna be missed but remembered by all. Can you imagine him playing the 3 tech on the 2017 team? Holy shyt! RIP TEZ :cry:

kidhawk

Reaction score
18595440_10154482399146722_3422813479397244585_o.jpg

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Tez was the only watchable thing, the only point of pride for those early '90s Seahawks teams. Until Joey Galloway and Chris Warren and Walter Jones came along, Cortez Kennedy was the only guy who got mainstream media attention of any type (yeah, I know Sam Adams was good and stuff, but dude wasn't getting on SportsCenter at all).

Football is a terrible game because it helped to take a dude like this too quickly, but paradoxically, I'm so glad that I was able to see him play.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Tez was a real gentleman. He was our only "bright light" in the early 90"s. He deserves to be in the Ring of Honor.
I want the Ring of Honor to be for players of his demeanor.....not cry babies!!!

Sign37now

Reaction score
Very sad.. 48 years old? I'm 3 years older than that...

Any word on what the cause was yet?