Complementary football

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This team isn't going to go anywhere until it can start playing complementary football between its different phases, and I think the main culprit right now is the offense.

They need rhythm. Literally any type of rhythm on offense. If they can't get the run game going to slow down and move chains, they're not gonna have any success. And they're certainly not going to get it from the screen game, like Waldron obviously wants to.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This team isn't going to go anywhere until it can start playing complementary football between its different phases, and I think the main culprit right now is the offense.

They need rhythm. Literally any type of rhythm on offense. If they can't get the run game going to slow down and move chains, they're not gonna have any success. And they're certainly not going to get it from the screen game, like Waldron obviously wants to.
The run game is important… but they also need to develop a rhythm in the passing game. The short passing game and tempo plays need to be part of our offense. We keep trying to push it deep and run these long developing plays.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The run game is important… but they also need to develop a rhythm in the passing game. The short passing game and tempo plays need to be part of our offense. We keep trying to push it deep and run these long developing plays.
I do generally agree with this, but I think the run game is the better place to start the improvements because it's easier to control the ball through it. It also will do more to shorten your third downs, making it so your short passing game can move the chains and you can keep the shot plays as what they're supposed to be - SHOT plays.

Latest posts