College Basketball Thread 2014-15

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":a4mb8nn3 said:
Ducks got a nice win today, I still don't think they're a tournament team. Probably says a lot about how bad college basketball is. Stanford has been quite disappointing too. This is a real down year for the Pac-12. Arizona, Utah and Stanford will all make the tournament. UCLA and Oregon will be on the bubble the rest of the season I think.

So you think 17win Stanford is in over a 21 win Oregon? We'll see what happens this weekend, but I see UO beating Stanford and OSU to finish the year 23-9. That should easily get them in.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":2q2mvcg3 said:
Hawk-Lock":2q2mvcg3 said:
Ducks got a nice win today, I still don't think they're a tournament team. Probably says a lot about how bad college basketball is. Stanford has been quite disappointing too. This is a real down year for the Pac-12. Arizona, Utah and Stanford will all make the tournament. UCLA and Oregon will be on the bubble the rest of the season I think.

So you think 17win Stanford is in over a 21 win Oregon? We'll see what happens this weekend, but I see UO beating Stanford and OSU to finish the year 23-9. That should easily get them in.

Now that UO beat Utah last weekend, they probably can get in. Much credit to Altman, he lost nearly his entire team due to the rape incident, and he still has them playing at a pretty high level. I always thought highly of him. I've always been jealous of him and Sean Miller, two great coaches, and we are stuck with Romar.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2p82e4wj said:
CPHawk":2p82e4wj said:
Hawk-Lock":2p82e4wj said:

Now that UO beat Utah last weekend, they probably can get in. Much credit to Altman, he lost nearly his entire team due to the rape incident, and he still has them playing at a pretty high level. I always thought highly of him. I've always been jealous of him and Sean Miller, two great coaches, and we are stuck with Romar.

That, and UO lost a 5* guard and a 4* 6'9 pf due to not getting into school, from last years recruiting class.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great game between Arizona and Utah tonight. Utah wasn't quite ready for the big stage. They aren't quite there yet. I personally think both of those teams could be on upset alert if the opponent is ripe. Both teams can struggle on the offensive end.

UO at Stanford should be a good one tomorrow. I think this is a must-win for Stanford if they want to get in the dance.

And how about that BYU upset over Gonzaga! I wonder if that gets BYU in the dance, that team can flat out score.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Kentucky barely fends off Georgia. How many games has Kentucky trailed in the second half and found a way to win? Pretty incredible.

I still can't believe how far Husky Hoops has fallen. We are in SECOND TO LAST PLACE in the Pac-12 :cry:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ezfmrdu said:
Congrats to Eastern for making the dance!

Georgetown will be on upset alert here. Georgetown has been notoriously bad in the NCAA tournament the last 5 years. Last year they fell victim to Florida Gulf Coast in the first round.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
All Pac-12 teams won. Showing that we're deserving of at least a little more respect.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm no way a big college bball fan but I'll be at the Key a Arena tomorrow with some family rooting on the Zags.