College Basketball Thread 2014-15

RunTheBall

Reaction score
hawks509":39q1efz0 said:
Quality for sure, and the same point goes for the Zags, preseason rankings are purely speculation. League plays reveal a lot for every team
Leauge play doesn't reveal anything in a cupcake conference like WCC. Gonzaga has consistenly choked in March Madness and will continue to.

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawks509":3edbx4a3 said:
*Cough, EWU*

I'll let you guys enjoy your UW basketball, doesn't mean I have to buy in. As I said SDSU has the nations worst offense and Oklahoma shouldn't have been ranked (look at their schedule). I'm actually happy for any Washington school to do well, even though I dislike Romar, I'm just not convinced on them yet.

You mean EWU, #40 in RPI? That's a quality win over a dangerous team.

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Lol you guys can argue all you want, I don't need to change my opinion. I'm not defending the WCC, I'd much rather be in the PAC or MWC, but it's hard with no football. Zags play a tough OOC every year.

RunTheBall- are you just a salty UW fan who was mad about your record against Gonzaga? Zags have actually played to or above their seed most tourneys, not many chokes against worse teams (I said not many, didn't say none, yes I remember Witchita).

I graduated from EWU, so I'm definitely a fan of them, but I will say they are based around two players and have VERY limited size inside. It's a decent win but not a March resume builder imo

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Kemp has been improving nicely, NWG solid like he has been

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawks509":1yv5z1ha said:
Lol you guys can argue all you want, I don't need to change my opinion. I'm not defending the WCC, I'd much rather be in the PAC or MWC, but it's hard with no football. Zags play a tough OOC every year.

RunTheBall- are you just a salty UW fan who was mad about your record against Gonzaga? Zags have actually played to or above their seed most tourneys, not many chokes against worse teams (I said not many, didn't say none, yes I remember Witchita).

I graduated from EWU, so I'm definitely a fan of them, but I will say they are based around two players and have VERY limited size inside. It's a decent win but not a March resume builder imo
Preach it brother.

I do think the WCC being a step below the power conferences hurts the Zags because as the season goes on, they get further away from those tough OOC games you spoke of. Another thing that hurts them going into the Tournament is that the WCC Championship game is played on a Monday and the first tourney game is always like a week and a half later and because of that I think they get a little rusty. I know TV dollars drive that situation and because of that it won't change but I still don't like it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawks509":2bnk3i8d said:

Not saying EWU is a juggernaut. Just that they're a good team and it would've been pretty typical of the Romar-led Huskies in recent years to drop that one. Heck, it would've been typical of the Romar-led Huskies to lose to Tulane, too.

They're not dominant, but they look a lot better than anticipated this year, particularly Robert Upshaw, and with a great recruiting class, lots of reason to be hopeful.

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Solid W for the Zags in Provo. Wiltjer and Pangos played well.

Does UW start their conference on the road?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
hawks509":emxg9cl6 said:

How does this even make sense? We haven't played them in what 8, 9 years? UW is just as good as Gonzaga this year if not better.

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense when you see that UW lost 8 of 9 to GU before ending the series. I disagree with you but to each their own. Does UW play Cal on the road?

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Haha I wasn't even gonna talk sh*t on that comment, I'm just wondering how they blew their halftime lead

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Bad loss for UW, but still 11-1 out of conference is great. Still have a great shot at being in March Madness.

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Yea they'll probably still dance, helps overall chances that the Pac is down this year, hurts seeding chances though at the same time. Anything in particular that caused their loss? I saw they were up at half

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawks509":2rulw07q said:
Fire Romar already

UW has the Kent clone, and WSU was dumb enough to hire the real thing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
UW vastly overachieved in the non-conference schedule. They are probably a bubble team. I watch a ton of college basketball, and I can tell you that they likely finish 4th or 5th in the Pac12. I still think AZ, Utah, Colorado, and Stanford are better than us.

Next year is the year UW Basketball gets back on the map. They have a top 10 recruiting class coming in next year.

OP
OP
H

hawks509

Reaction score
Romar will still be Romar even with next years class

Tical21

Reaction score
I actually think Romar is in trouble. It is clear we only have one decent player on the roster, and he may be gone after this season. I know we've got two good classes coming in the next two years, but can Lorenzo survive that long? Do we want him to survive that long? I guess I do. If we basically lose-out for the rest of the year, it could be the other shoe dropping.