Clowney

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3awd6e7c said:
Clowney thrives in a 3-4 playing standing up and attacking the gaps. Playing with his hand in the dirt takes away his strengths. Unless Seatlle switches to a 3-4 forget forget about him.

Quite the opposite actually.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Elemas":1qksrnoe said:
Cyrus12":1qksrnoe said:
I have an unfortunate suspicion after listening to his post game that Clowney is going to end up somewhere else...hope not but I doubt he will tolerate a less than his market value deal.

Feel the same way. He's keeping his options open and his post game sounded more like a "it's cool here and all....but". This is definitely not a guarantee.

I haven't checked cap space. I know Seattle is looking fairly good. Definitely worried about division rivals picking him up. Well, the Rams. Sounds crazy but if the Rams cleared some space and didn't pay for folks like Kupp (a stretch...I know), they would have enough with the projected increase in the cap.

If what Clowney said is true, ANY of this season's playoff teams are in the mix.

Couple that with some team offering him the highest $$$, minus playoff/superbowl contention, he could be enticed to go there regardless of his comments.

I feel like our chances of resigning him are slim.

We need to hit this year's draft hard on edge rushers, a corner, and finally try to start protecting RW.

Don't get cute, i.e..."find the hidden gem" because you'll end up with L...fkn...J Collier.

I agree, I think he goes elsewhere and I dont mind that happening. He's going to want top money .

Hes a hot/cold player and he gets injured too much.

Too risky

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
"We need to hit this year's draft hard on edge rushers" It's a poor draft for edge rushers. At 27 and beyond there'll not be much to "hit hard". We'll either sign Clowney or address this in free agency or trade. We need two of these guys and we need two that we KNOW will be above average. The draft is a crap shoot esp. beyond pick 10.
We'll use the draft for WR, TE , OL and lastly CB and maybe a RB.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":hz6bdhb9 said:
Would you inquire about Myles Garrett availability?

if hes on the block of course but i doubt he is

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Think of it this way, Clowney with his insides torn up, still causes pressure.

A fully healthy Clowney locked into the system for a full year and knows the system, and assuming PC, gets some legit help around him, that could be vicious.

Clowney has played his heart out, I realize you don’t pay for services rendered, but in Clowney’s case, you gotta admit the guy has earned it.

We need Clowney, with enough help, him and the defense line can be great again.

This guy is a game wrecker. You need to resign him.

He is the attitude and physicality Seattle desperately needs.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2bjmnylb said:
As per Greg Ball on tweeter....Clowney informed Schneider that he loves playing and wants to re sign. Good news!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gbellseattle ... 9188245504

This bears repeating!

If all things are equal and the team offers Clowney close to equivalent $ to other teams looking to acquire his services he’ll be back.

I believe him when he says he wants to be back.

He likes being with this group. Keeping him is a priority but building upon his presence even more important.

If he isn’t forced to face constant double teams by the team adding other talent that requires opponents to have to focus attention elsewhere even intermittently Clowney will create more and more pressures.

The team has a few 3rd and 4th string dudes but no guys who could step into Clowney’s shoes or even become a #1. Clowney isn’t a Leo type, the team needs to add that guy, and a legit 3 tech instead of a NT convert.

The limited pass rush is a weak point of the Hawks D. Poor tackling has been a huge detraction from potential success.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
With ANY consistent penetration up the middle or any kind of rushing ability from the opposite side our dline numbers would skyrocket with Clowney in the lineup. The few sacks Jefferson got were almost entirely Clowney flushes, and the rest of the line didn't provide enough consistent pressure to even mention.

xray

Reaction score
He wants a SB now . He said it's not just the money . If he doesn't think that the Hawks are a SB contender next season he will sign elsewhere. It will be his choice not ours . If he goes away ; I'm fine with that . The Hawks have plenty of needs to spend $20 million per year on . IMO