Chiefs vs Texans (Wild Card Game 1)

RussB

Reaction score
WHOA!!! Deandre Hopkins On Hoyer: "Take That Out The Game" #KCvsHOU

3:47 PM - 9 Jan 2016
Hes right. Hopkins is a top 5 reciever and his QB cant even get the ball to him in a playoff game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hoyer

15/34 136 yards 0TD 4INT 15.9 QB rating with 2 fumbles, one which was lost.

253hawk

Reaction score
Other than the opening KO, that was the worst playoff game I have ever seen. What a snoozer.

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":1jw8w2mh said:
DeAndre Hopkins is really good and when they throw the ball his way good things happen. The problem is for whatever reason they don't ever throw it his way, or at least not as much as they should.

They throw the ball his way a ton. He had 111 receptions and over 1500 yards this season. He had 6 catches in this game and I don't even know how many targets.

Saying the Texans don't ever throw his way is like saying it doesn't ever rain in Seattle.

Largent80

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2b2or7bh said:
Hoyer

15/34 136 yards 0TD 4INT 15.9 QB rating with 2 fumbles, one which was lost.

But they don't need a QB according to some here in this thread.

pmedic920

Reaction score
97f5883be5c64b7c428694173324e982.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hoyer had one of the worst playoff games I've ever seen. Yikes.

Texans definitely addressing QB now in some capacity.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
And here I thought the Texans could ride Hoyer for at least one more year. Hell no, take the best QB available in the first round and try to make something of it or the AFC south will be even worse next year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":22tfca32 said:
Man the Texans suck.

I've always been a proponent for letting division winners in the playoffs, but after watching this it makes me re-think a little. Like how do you prevent a division from having a down year?

There is no doubt that another team other than the Texans would have given the Chiefs a better right. I think if the Jets hosted this game they would have beaten KC.
Tough call. No one felt the Hawks should have been in the playoffs with a 7-9 record in Pete's first year, yet they beat the defending champs and we got the Beastquake.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3fx3uiil said:
Texans' coach needs to be fired tonight. How do you not put in Weeden to start the second half when it was obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that Hoyer was almost single-handedly losing them the game?

Texans should be ashamed of themselves after that performance. Disgraceful.

Not to mention that JJ Wildcat debacle.

Threedee

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":g1kj97jv said:
Texans' coach needs to be fired tonight. How do you not put in Weeden to start the second half when it was obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that Hoyer was almost single-handedly losing them the game?

Texans should be ashamed of themselves after that performance. Disgraceful.
This is the same head coach who got Foster murdered in garbage time earlier in the season.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I always thought Hoyer might be a serviceable QB, I have now changed my mind! He is complete trash. They would have been way better off if Yates hadn't gotten hurt.

Rob12

Reaction score
Yeah, not pulling Hoyer showed a ridiculous amount of irresponsibility from a head coach. He was terrible, and cost the team the game.

Maybe Weeden could have made it a game... Likely not, but how do you ride with Hoyer like that? I genuinely don't get it.