Cheated by the NFL

JustTheTip

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1jx56l17 said:
Bitter":1jx56l17 said:
As bad as the officiating has been, I refuse to complain about it until this team puts together some full games and shows us they can still be the team they claim to (and should) be.
REAlly?, so you're okay with evaluating that piss poor Officiating doesn't cost us games?
Maxwell= OUT, Bobby Wagner= OUT, Unger= OUT, Kam Chancellor hurting ,and THESE things are having a huge impact on the way you can call plays, but piss-poor Officiating only adds fuel to the fire ,and can be a huge stifling factor.
If the Officials don't want you to win, you ain't going to win.

Yup really. Complaining about the officiating after a game like XL is justified. Complaining about it when the team screws up for 3 quarters is an excuse (even if it is a reason too.)

HawkerBacker

Reaction score
Outcoached by the Rams coach on this game. Officiating sucked but that's becoming more the rule than the exception. Coach Fisher out gameplanned the Hawks coaches and they were able to hold on this time. Front wheel fell off this game, hopefully pit crew can get the spare on and rolling again before the engine blows. Next week is as huge a game as ever. #Go Hawks

cajunhawk

Reaction score
HawkerBacker":11khlhog said:
Outcoached by the Rams coach on this game. Officiating sucked but that's becoming more the rule than the exception. Coach Fisher out gameplanned the Hawks coaches and they were able to hold on this time. Front wheel fell off this game, hopefully pit crew can get the spare on and rolling again before the engine blows. Next week is as huge a game as ever. #Go Hawks

You cannot gameplan for trick plays. That is the reason coaches use them. You are giving Fisher too much credit.

TAB420

Reaction score
Hawkpower":l9bh918v said:
Seahaaaawks":l9bh918v said:
Hawkpower":l9bh918v said:
endzorn":l9bh918v said:
Blaming the officials when we got duped twice on special teams and we couldn't stop a fourth string QB from leading a late TD drive. Seems legit.

So the refs can F up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

Haha hilarious! Best response ever!

I get so sick of the smug almighty narrative "that wasnt the reason we lost the game"

No kidding. Doesnt make it ok to get screwed over though.

ALL NFL teams play poorly at times in games. One play CAN swing a game, as we know.

If that play is called correctly, we may win DESPITE playing crappy football at times, and thats why it hurts. NFL teams win despite poor play ALL THE TIME.

Well said. We played a couple games last year that were really ugly on our part, but we came back and won. A couple of these kind of calls during those games, we don't win and we don't get home field advantage. Good teams find a way to win when their having bad games, these kind of calls during a comeback are deadly.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1z5wn855 said:
That call would not have been overturned anyway. There was not a clear recovery by the hawks on film. Sherm had a chance but blew it

It stayed under him, never left underneath his body, and no other Rams players even knew where it was, and another Hawk has his arms in there too, completely ridiculous to say that wouldn't have been overturned.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
pmedic920":1lsmx9ns said:
Jacknut16":1lsmx9ns said:
drrew":1lsmx9ns said:
No matter what else happened in this game, that last call by the officials and the lack of a review was shameful. Seattle will get an apology midweek and it won't mean a damn thing.

Unreal, how do you not challenge to see who has the ball on a crucial play at the end of the game. Sherman was on it, and another Hawks arms were on it, obviously our ball.

Travesty doesnt even begin to explain that call.

Had no timeouts to challenge.
Should have been an automatic review.

Yes, I know, and the Refs should have challenged it just like the head Ref in NYC said.

edogg23

Reaction score
cajunhawk":1mi2hv31 said:
HawkerBacker":1mi2hv31 said:

You cannot gameplan for trick plays. That is the reason coaches use them. You are giving Fisher too much credit.
Not the first time Fisher beat us with a fake punt. And the ST should know what direction we are punting the ball. Rams knew all the holes in our D most of the game, so you think that was luck too? Out coached.

Wagon12

Reaction score
Bitter":1nawrp3u said:
As bad as the officiating has been, I refuse to complain about it until this team puts together some full games and shows us they can still be the team they claim to (and should) be.

Yup.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Is there a single Rams player who has said they were the one who recovered the ball?

Jeff Fischer can't even give a name of a player who recovered the ball. And no one is saying they are the hero of the game who recovered the ball in a scrum of Seahawks? I would think they would be all over that glory.

That in itself is reason to confirm that Sherman had it all along. He's the only one who had claimed to have possession of it,

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jacknut16":3eqionts said:
Missing_Clink":3eqionts said:
That call would not have been overturned anyway. There was not a clear recovery by the hawks on film. Sherm had a chance but blew it

It stayed under him, never left underneath his body, and no other Rams players even knew where it was, and another Hawk has his arms in there too, completely ridiculous to say that wouldn't have been overturned.

It's equally ridiculous to speculate what went on in the pile and what the Rams players knew.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seanhawk":koxjmm6v said:
Jacknut16":koxjmm6v said:
Missing_Clink":koxjmm6v said:

It's equally ridiculous to speculate what went on in the pile and what the Rams players knew.

It's not ridiculous when no Rams player is even saying they got the ball. You don't find that odd?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
drrew":30uufcky said:
No matter what else happened in this game, that last call by the officials and the lack of a review was shameful. Seattle will get an apology midweek and it won't mean a damn thing.
Apparently it was oficially reviewed- in New York. They said no possession was established, according to NFL Network.. It was a very unfortunate play. If that game was Madden, the Rams would have been guilty of cheesing their way to a win.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3a6fv77r said:
Jacknut16":3a6fv77r said:
Missing_Clink":3a6fv77r said:

Look at the fricken play, not one of the Rams around attempted to grab at the ball under Sherman, that is a great indicator that they didn't know the ball was there.

This There was no sign of anyone other than Sherman or the other Hawk reaching in made that recovery, and Sherman came out of the pile with it.

Totally plausible that a review would have given it to Seattle.

themunn

Reaction score
the official ruling is that harkey came up with the ball, but a quick look at the replay and it's obvious that he's nowhere near it

HawkWow

Reaction score
cajunhawk":2prm91ad said:
HawkerBacker":2prm91ad said:

If I were the coach, ST, HC, whatever, as my guys took the field I'd yell...WATCH FOR THE FAKE.

That's how I'd gameplan for fakes.

And if I were Fish, at the end, I would have yelled to my RB " DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXTRA YARDS SECURE THE F'N BALL".

Anyway, this was a brilliant fake called by Fish. Give credit where it's due. The Rams knew damn good and well giving the ball to us, in that position with time left and Haush's leg, they were about to lose and the very best chance they had at maintaining the lead was with a 1st down. Props to them.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Just gettin back to the hotel from being at the game. Sucks we lost but it was exciting, like Kearly said in Random Thoughts, which are awesome btw, the second half we looked pretty good. The Oline def has ops as we know and the pass rush isn't the same.

The punt return was wild. Austin falls down faking it to draw in our coverage while I was thinking, the ball was kicked to the other side what is happening?? Then it all became crappily clear. Great play by them. The fourth down conversion sucked, of course. We could see something was up when the gunner started running to the inside. Prob was we didn't have any TO's then and clearly weren't prepared. Another great call by Fisher and crew.

To the point of the thread though no way that fumble was reviewed. As mentioned earlier the Cooper TD review was a long time. There was no time spent after the fumble which all of us including Rams fans thought we recovered. It sucks it came down to that but often times professional ges do. Refs need to get it right.

Go Hawks!!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkWow":1oi3hbjb said:
cajunhawk":1oi3hbjb said:
HawkerBacker":1oi3hbjb said:

If I were the coach, ST, HC, whatever, as my guys took the field I'd yell...WATCH FOR THE FAKE.

That's how I'd gameplan for fakes.

And if I were Fish, at the end, I would have yelled to my RB " DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXTRA YARDS SECURE THE F'N BALL".

Anyway, this was a brilliant fake called by Fish. Give credit where it's due. The Rams knew damn good and well giving the ball to us, in that position with time left and Haush's leg, they were about to lose and the very best chance they had at maintaining the lead was with a 1st down. Props to them.

Before the fake punt play, you can see a lot of the Seahawks on the line warning each other about the fake. They knew it was coming.

Latest posts