Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jville":jgn5bfgo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/523949315136688129[/tweet]

so its not just fans who felt that way?

Good to know.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
What ticks me off on the play is that the officiating office reported they had time to review every angle of the fumble recovery by Sherman in about 30 seconds, but because the play on the field was a recovery of the fumble by Hankins, they should have reviewed that one first, looking at every angle, made a decision on that play AND THEN reviewed Sherman's recovery looking at every angle of that play.

No way they gave it all enough time to decide on two separate fu ble recoveries on one play. It should have been looked at closer. Instead, they wanted to finish the game on a horrible call on the field.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawkpower":22re8chq said:
Shadowhawk":22re8chq said:
Hawkpower":22re8chq said:
endzorn":22re8chq said:
Blaming the officials when we got duped twice on special teams and we couldn't stop a fourth string QB from leading a late TD drive. Seems legit.

So the refs can mess up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

The refs are always going to mess up. That doesn't mean we have to.

Right, because that is what I said. :roll:

As a fan, you should reasonably expect professional referees to know the rules. Its called integrity of the game.

When your team loses IN PART because of ineptitude of those who should be above it (especially with replay at your disposal), you have a legitimate reason to feel frustrated.

I dont know about you guys but when I 1st did reffing for hoopfest I remember the guy who spoke to us was an EX Nfl/College Ref and before each game or whatever maybe each week idk, he said they had to take a test to prove they were familiar with the rules and couldn't ref that game unless you passed with a certain percentage.. I wonder if that is still being done, if it was ever done or what.. but man this Rookie ref crew screwed the pooch bigtime.. and fisher to me is PunchabelFace Fisher... i hate him soo much

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":trw4d6vm said:
What ticks me off on the play is that the officiating office reported they had time to review every angle of the fumble recovery by Sherman in about 30 seconds, but because the play on the field was a recovery of the fumble by Hankins, they should have reviewed that one first, looking at every angle, made a decision on that play AND THEN reviewed Sherman's recovery looking at every angle of that play.

No way they gave it all enough time to decide on two separate fu ble recoveries on one play. It should have been looked at closer. Instead, they wanted to finish the game on a horrible call on the field.

They looked at Connor H's touchdown for like 5 minutes when it was pretty clear he drug his toes, but lets not take a minute or two to look at a game changing fumble in the final minute.

Utter and complete BS.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3efybkg2 said:
Shadowhawk":3efybkg2 said:
Hawkpower":3efybkg2 said:
endzorn":3efybkg2 said:
Blaming the officials when we got duped twice on special teams and we couldn't stop a fourth string QB from leading a late TD drive. Seems legit.

So the refs can F up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

The refs are always going to F up. That doesn't mean we have to.

Right, because that is what I said. :roll:

As a fan, you should reasonably expect professional referees to know the rules. Its called integrity of the game.

When your team loses IN PART because of ineptitude of those who should be above it (especially with replay at your disposal), you have a legitimate reason to feel frustrated.

Not really. You would hope that professional referees would know the rules, but I (and I assume you) have seen enough NFL games to expect the refs NOT to know the rules and expect them to F up at crucial moments. At this point I just accept that if the game comes down to an official's decision, they are going to screw us. The only thing Seattle can do is make sure it doesn't come down to an official's decision, because the officials will F up and screw us in the process if given the chance.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1w9kuycg said:
That call would not have been overturned anyway. There was not a clear recovery by the hawks on film. Sherm had a chance but blew it
That's simply not true, the Ref took the ball from Sherman's hands, and another Ref. called it a knee down- non-fumble, so that play went the way the REF'S decided it should go, that's why there was no review.
Ref's decided the winner.......again.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
I found the tweets from Dean Blandino. If Sherman is saying he had the ball, can anyone tell me how this was not Hawks ball?

RT @DeanBlandino: At end of #SEAvsSTL we looked at all available angles. No evidence of who recovered ball. Ball still loose and then went into pile.
@JaysonJenks

RT @DeanBlandino: Player coming out of pile w/loose ball is not a clear recovery. Need video evidence of him gaining possession. Play was reviewed in NY.

drdiags

Reaction score
I hate to see it come down to this claim. The entire team kept snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Kudos to the offense for turning it around and the defense for finally bowing up late, but special teams was the new leak this week.

The Rams needed to have their butt kicked for even allowing themselves to be put in the position were they could fumble the ball. Seahawks had no timeouts. They almost pulled a Pisarcik.

I hate that the post-SB blues claim can even be considered legit but this team really needs to take things going forward one game at a time. 13-3 is now the best they can hope for.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
HawkinInLA":1vu7q1h2 said:
On NFL Network they showed two comments from the NFL about the fumble. I think it was from twitter but I'm not on twitter so if anyone can find the comments and can post them I'd appreciate it.

The two comments seemed somewhat odd. The first said the NFL did review the fumble at the New York HQ but they did not see enough evidence to overturn the call. I'm suprised that they could review the play so fast as the next play was called pretty quickly.

The other comment said just because a team comes up with the ball, it isn't indisputable evidence that the person with the ball recovered the fumble. This seems to imply they agree someone from the Hawks came up with the ball.

The comments were from Dean Blandino. Seems like BS and I still don't get how they give the ball to the Rams..

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523929916392611840[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523931949002682369[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523938476782546944[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kag0331":1ay6iso1 said:
Don't know if it would get overturned the ball was by Sherman's legs not in his hands...
What's the real bummer is golden Tate walked due to Percy's monster contract and no one is talking about that, Tate is killing it in Detroit!
WHO???He's gone ..Wtf you want to talk about someone that can't help us..Who cares what he does..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So video clearly shows Sherman fall on top of the ball. Sherman has possession in the pile and gives the ball to the ref, who asks for the ball. Yet a person coming out of the pile with the ball proves nothing, even if the video shows that player falling on top of it.

Ball given to St. Louis.

What a load of crap.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":vbmas152 said:
HawkinInLA":vbmas152 said:
On NFL Network they showed two comments from the NFL about the fumble. I think it was from twitter but I'm not on twitter so if anyone can find the comments and can post them I'd appreciate it.

The two comments seemed somewhat odd. The first said the NFL did review the fumble at the New York HQ but they did not see enough evidence to overturn the call. I'm suprised that they could review the play so fast as the next play was called pretty quickly.

The other comment said just because a team comes up with the ball, it isn't indisputable evidence that the person with the ball recovered the fumble. This seems to imply they agree someone from the Hawks came up with the ball.

The comments were from Dean Blandino. Seems like BS and I still don't get how they give the ball to the Rams..

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523929916392611840[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523931949002682369[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/523938476782546944[/tweet]

How is coming out of the pile with the ball not clear recovery???

Who do you give it to then, the guy you think may have had it at some point in the video shot??

WTH???

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawaiiD":rv85hlej said:
BigMeach":rv85hlej said:
What I'm confused about is how it was considered to be Rams ball out of nowhere? Were they saying the knee was down at there was no fumble? It seemed like all the refs were at the pile, then a minute into it one goes over and points saying knee was down...
As far as I'm concerned we lost the game by being out coached again. This Jeff Fisher always pulls trick plays out of his ass that makes us look like fools? When will Pete and Co ever learn to expect the unexpected with this coach. Imo Jeff Fisher is brilliant and got balls that I wish our coaches had period.
Hats of to the Rams congrats.
Outcoached??, Really????...Fisher didn't take the Rams to the Super Bowl last Year, so, NO, a few trick plays doesn't make him "Brilliant"

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
lsheldon":3gu2qdx9 said:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 53m53 minutes ago
The recovery of a fumble in the field of play could have been reviewed in STL.

Replay official decided not to buzz down. I would have.

https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/ ... 9782208512

E-F Hutton has spoken. Abso-freaking-lutely right. I hate to call for anyone's head ... but this is the kind of stuff that ends up costing people jobs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":14rkf7d4 said:
lsheldon":14rkf7d4 said:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 53m53 minutes ago
The recovery of a fumble in the field of play could have been reviewed in STL.

Replay official decided not to buzz down. I would have.

https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/ ... 9782208512

E-F Hutton has spoken. Abso-freaking-lutely right. I hate to call for anyone's head ... but this is the kind of stuff that ends up costing people jobs.

Chose not to buzz down??

What, it wasnt an important enough play?? He had a dinner date??

Good lord.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
"Player falling on the ball doesn't show who recovered it. Have to see who comes out of the pile with it."

"Player coming out of the pile doesn't prove who had possession. Have to see who had it in the pile."

Player who falls on it is the same person who comes out of the pile with it? Just give it to the other team and pretend nothing happened.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
nanomoz":2gdq8icc said:
No way that that gets overturned anyway. Makes no difference.
Your right it would make no difference - with the call on the field, what needs to be criticized is the fact that they decided after during the pile that the initial ram recoverer was down, then should have ruled a fumble declare who had the ball, they would then review it - it they would have went this more sensible route the right call could have been made, instead their hasty decision eliminated the possibility of granting Seattle the ball.. The question is why didn't they do this?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
HawkinInLA":t9pya9n3 said:
I found the tweets from Dean Blandino. If Sherman is saying he had the ball, can anyone tell me how this was not Hawks ball?

From what I understand, the call on the field was that the first Rams player that jumped on the ball (Hankins) recovered the fumble and was down, before the ball squirted out of his hands and was pushed down field further. This was a bad call and could have been overturned, BUT..

What happen next (the Sherman recovery) was that the refs never made a decision on the fumble recovery under the pile, because the call in the field was a fumble recovery 5 yards back by Hankins, so it didn't matter that Sherman came out with the ball. To overturn the call they needed to see video evidence that Sherman had clear control (which I felt he did) to overturn the blown call 5 yards back.

There was two things wrong with the officiating on this one play:
1. The refs on the field calling a fumble recovery by Hankins prevented a call on a recovery by Sherman.
2. The replay officiating crew in New York did not take enough time to review both the fumble recoveries of both Hankins and Sherman.

ObePwnD

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":2z3jxucu said:
TheHawkDoc":2z3jxucu said:
They lost the game because they gave two 75+ yard returns, a fake punt when everyone in the world knows that Jeff Fisher likes to run fakes, and the defense couldn't get a stop after the TD to pull it within 2. They gave up a first down run on that play and I thought we recovered it but they wouldn't have overturned it. This team is like the 2012 version without the fearsome running game.

Agreed. Shouldn't have come down to a fumble recovery...fake punt was the dagger

I disagree. The dagger was the trick play punt, that they took to the house, should have never happened. Fooled the sht out of me too, had to rewind it twice to fully understand what happened. I've never seen anything like that in my 30 something years of watching the NFL.