Carolinas X-factor

carolinablue

Reaction score
Largent80":33jojksz said:
FearTheBlitz":33jojksz said:
I don't mind fans coming over talking trash, X's and O's etc but at least bring something to the table. You will lose because you looked bad last game is just stupid. Why even take the time to sign up if that's all you're bringing? Embarrassing.

I do hope some Carolina fans decide to have some intelligent conversation about this match up.

Well not that much intelligent stuff being said on this threat by either fans...

Here is intelligence for you by numbers.

The Seahawks are 3-0 in Carolina the last 3 visits. The Seahawks are 7-3 all time vs. Carolina and to cap it off the Seahawks are a perfect 2-0 in the playoffs against them when it actually counts.[/quote]
I'm with FearTheBlitz here...what do all them games mean for this year? Seahawk fan: "you will lose because we beat you last year". LOL.

This year we are 1-0 versus the Seahawks. And let's be honest, the Seahawks aren't as good as they have been in the past couple of years. They dropped a notch this year and Carolina raised up a notch. It happens every year.

JPatera76

Reaction score
carolinablue":3lo1w0h8 said:
Largent80":3lo1w0h8 said:
FearTheBlitz":3lo1w0h8 said:
I don't mind fans coming over talking trash, X's and O's etc but at least bring something to the table. You will lose because you looked bad last game is just stupid. Why even take the time to sign up if that's all you're bringing? Embarrassing.

I do hope some Carolina fans decide to have some intelligent conversation about this match up.

Well not that much intelligent stuff being said on this threat by either fans...

Here is intelligence for you by numbers.

The Seahawks are 3-0 in Carolina the last 3 visits. The Seahawks are 7-3 all time vs. Carolina and to cap it off the Seahawks are a perfect 2-0 in the playoffs against them when it actually counts.
I'm with FearTheBlitz here...what do all them games mean for this year? Seahawk fan: "you will lose because we beat you last year". LOL.

This year we are 1-0 versus the Seahawks. And let's be honest, the Seahawks aren't as good as they have been in the past couple of years. They dropped a notch this year and Carolina raised up a notch. It happens every year.[/quote]
That bold is a joke right? .. Our defense is still a top unit. and our offense has just evolved into something more amazing and much hard to game plan for.

You maybe 1-0 against the hawks in regular season but this isn't regular season anymore. Its post season, your 0-0 right now and we're 1-0 .

Carolina All time Post season record is 7-6
Seahawks All time post season record is 14-13

Also Seattle evolved into a much different team offensively since the last meeting. And tbh judging by the injuries to Carolina's secondary, Seattle's newly evolved offense SHOULD depending on which bevell shows up, play our strength into your weakness.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Can't believe no one has mentioned Ricky Proehl working the slot. Especially after the Super Bowl.

carolinablue

Reaction score
JPatera76":2ytzb21k said:
carolinablue":2ytzb21k said:
You maybe 1-0 against the hawks in regular season but this isn't regular season anymore. Its post season, your 0-0 right now and we're 1-0 .

Carolina All time Post season record is 7-6
Seahawks All time post season record is 14-13

Also Seattle evolved into a much different team offensively since the last meeting. And tbh judging by the injuries to Carolina's secondary, Seattle's newly evolved offense SHOULD depending on which bevell shows up, play our strength into your weakness.
Interesting stat about the post season records. I knew ours but didn't know yours. It appears we are about even there if you think about how long the Seahawks have been around (40 years) and how long Carolina has been around (20 years). Pretty cool stat.

Anyway the injuries to our secondary is concerning but then again your team doesn't have any tape on McClain (who will probably be starting opposite Norman). I think it's easier to game plan against a guy the more tape you have on him. So McClain might do some unexpected things and come up with a turnover. Of course it could work the other way as well. And to be honest Tillman has been gimpy for about half the season anyway so I'd rather see a 100% McClain than a 70% Tillman (which was about how he was playing before the ACL tear).

Also in that first game (and I would argue that game is more relevant to this discussion than ANY game from previous years) the Seahawks had a +2 TO differential and still lost. What happens if that get's reversed and we have the +2 TO differential? I think that's going to be the key stat for this game. Whoever can take care of the ball will win.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3hbg7ssa said:
All kidding aside, is anybody else besides me worried about what DeAngelo Williams can do against our run defense? Dude gives me nightmares running through the secondary. Exactly the type of back that the defense struggles with.
I thought he's in Pittsburgh now????

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":38cukpr3 said:
Nm

*facepalm*

Seeing this had me more excited to read the additional comments than probably anything else.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kerry Collins coming off the bench could be the difference in the game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":hiidp45c said:
dopeboy206":hiidp45c said:
CurryStopstheRuns":hiidp45c said:
All kidding aside, is anybody else besides me worried about what DeAngelo Williams can do against our run defense? Dude gives me nightmares running through the secondary. Exactly the type of back that the defense struggles with.

Woosh.

Besides the OP, that is my favorite.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkGA":3buw7lkk said:
Mistashoesta":3buw7lkk said:
Nm

*facepalm*

Seeing this had me more excited to read the additional comments than probably anything else.

I should have quoted the OP so his post wouldn't have been able to be deleted. He had this long diatribe about Hardy and how he could take over a game at any time and he even included Hardy's top 100 player video... Take it from there.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rae Caruth has always had a murderous rage about him...little bit worried about him on Sunday..

carolinablue

Reaction score
I don't know about the players but if George Seifert trots out Chris Weinke I'm going to be upset.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2rar0h4e said:
dopeboy206":2rar0h4e said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2rar0h4e said:

Woosh.

Yeah, he air balled from the free throw line there.

dadof3

Reaction score
I love how kitty fans use this thread to talk trash in