Can we just admit we got beat fairly out there?

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
We got beat by the 49ers.. They outplayed us when it counted right at the end and deserved that win. That might be hard for some of us to swallow but it's the truth.

The refs didn't job us out the win. The game was called fairly. Some calls were missed (see the fumble) but we also got away with a LOT of passing interference. Whitners 'taunting' penalty was about as weak a taunt as you could get. There was nothing in that game to say the refs were out to get us. If we live by the sword we'll die by it. We push the boundaries and we are given the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases for play in the secondary.

On that note.. the penalties that were called were all valid if sometimes a bit '50/50' but you play the game to win, you don't rely on the refs making every call your way. Either way our play didn't match up and it was fairly poorly played by the offense all game.

We didn't make plays when it counted. We pretty much struggled against a very good defense all game, run blocking was poor and bad decisions by Wilson when throwing and Lynch when running (he took some bad cuts). The 1st and 25 drive was abysmally played. Wilson going for his check down on 3rd and 23? Urgh...

Bevell called a decent game, no issues with it.

We were simply outplayed, by a team that played cleaner and performed better overall.

Lets not throw the toys out the pram and try and pretend that it's anyone elses fault other than our own for losing this match. It's one game, it probably means very little in the final standings and next week it's time to focus on cleaning up for the playoffs as we won't be able to hold teams as much when giving them easy yardage throughout.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It's pretty clear to me that we were beaten by the better team on that day. Don't know why it's so unpalatable for some to recognize this.

General Manager

Reaction score
Well it's done now but the Hawks will remember this game if we see them in the playoffs and that's a good thing. I challenge you to find me one instance where an NFL reporter asked the lead official on television if they were going to call a game differently for the opposing team BECAUSE OUR SECONDARY IS SO GOOD WE MUST BE CHEATING RIGHT.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Like almost everyone is agreeing that we lost fair and square. Yes the officials called a bad game, but it was bad on both sides.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Niners beat us in a close game on the road. It happens.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
We got beat fair and square. They played better, and made the huge plays where it mattered most. The refs calls for both teams all wash each other out IMO. Niners won. The End.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what the drama is. The officials had nothing to do with Gore's 51-yard run or us only putting up 3 points in the second half.

In this series, I would expect the home team to hold serve every time...and that's the way its been the last few years. It's asking a LOT to come off of a huge MNF game on a short week and go into SF and beat a very good team.

Best news of all...the Niners fan base is blowing a load over it because they know it's probably their last hurrah this season. We still have a 2 game lead, will win the NFC West and get HFA and everyone knows what happens to whomever gets the privilege of coming to C Link in January to try and beat us in the playoffs.

We are fine.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Eh, whatever. Close game between two mostly even teams that turned on one big play and a preponderance of laundry. Reffing favored the home team (which it often does) but not out of balance with any other NFL game. Not a surprise, nor a travesty, nor a statement, nor really much of anything, IMO. I can live with the Niners being one play and two flags better at home.

Atradees

Reaction score
These 9ers were at the Superb Owl last year. We lost at their house. They played great defense.

Will will be defeating them at some point in the playoffs.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
I think the positives are, and many have said this, the 'Hawks have a vacation home in the head of Kap and others. It is one game, and the 49'ers executed their way to the win. Going forward, that goodness we have RW and not the pouty flake Kap at the helm. That one trick pony would be even more exposed if they did not have such a stellar defense. Glad he is leading a rival within our division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3qp98p26 said:
Like almost everyone is agreeing that we lost fair and square. Yes the officials called a bad game, but it was bad on both sides.

People keep saying this, but I don't recall any awful calls. It's very hard to officiate a game with two super aggressive teams like yesterday, where the refs could probably call a penalty on just about EVERY play if they wanted to.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I disagree.

Bevell did NOT call a decent game.

But I do agree that the players earned that loss. There was a lot of extra junk that did not need to be in the game that they let themselves be sucked into and that contributed to some of the penalties that cut short some of our gains.

sutz

Reaction score
"Fairly" has nothing to do with it.

We got beat. Better luck next time. Moving on.

chawx

Reaction score
Yeaaaah nope, I'm not going to admit we got beat fairly...Bevell called a cupcake game as opposed to what he called against the Saints. We didn't want to show all our cards to them because we knew we might see them in the playoffs and this game was just a glorified practice for us but it was their Super Bowl. Had KJ not been injured, it would have been a different story.

19-17, i can take that loss...but I'm not going to admit it was fair and square. On top of us holding back on the playcalling - yes, we got shafted a couple crucial times by the refs while the refs kept a scoring drive for them going with some bull$#!t holding call on Sherm on 3rd and long.

There's no fair and square. And I'm not a player, i'm a fan, so I can piss and moan all I want and you can read my comment or not... so yeah... this guy --> :229031_rant:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chawx":mflawwtd said:
Yeaaaah nope, I'm not going to admit we got beat fairly...Bevell called a cupcake game as opposed to what he called against the Saints. We didn't want to show all our cards to them because we knew we might see them in the playoffs and this game was just a glorified practice for us but it was their Super Bowl. Had KJ not been injured, it would have been a different story:

Bevell didn't call yesterday's game any different than he normally does, the difference was we played a VERY good defense on the road, compared to a weak defense at home (Saints).

Nothing wrong with giving the Niners credit, they obviously came in fired up and were not going to let Russell get outside the pocket and make plays.........and they had the personnel to pull off that game plan.

Slick

Reaction score
I'll even give Kaepernick credit for picking up that third down on his run. Moral victory: he never got to 'Kaepernick'. At least not until after the game in the shower with Crabtree.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I wouldnt say we got beat by a better team (the refs were horrible though).

We made mistakes that cost us the game.

Not to upset about it. Shoudl have won. Took the 9ers best game and still should have won.

Take the lessons and move on. this will make us better.

Latest posts