Can we beat the Cowboys?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Amazing contribution. Care to bet a Beer on it? You can take the NFL's precious Cowboys I'll take the Hawks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Prior to week one, although I wasn’t vocal about it, I had a ton of confidence.

I actually thought we would beat both Denver & Chicago.

I’ve gotta admit those losses, really the fashion those losses happened has pretty much destroyed my confidence.

I still have hope but the confidence is gone.

My hope for the Cowboy game is, home field and the return of a couple LBs will bolster the team enough to get a “W”.

I’ll be 100% honest.
I had enough confidence that I thought we could be 9-10 win team.
I sense some really unsettling things going on in “the force”, it’s almost scary for me.

My biggest fear is, our unwillingness to make changes.
The whispers are saying that things aren’t and won’t jell. If that’s the case we will need to make some in season changes that I don’t think will happen.

Can we beat the Cowboys?
Absolutely.

Will we beat the Cowboys?
I have serious doubts.

If things start to unfold like they did in Chicago, I see that stadium becoming hostile. Not hostile against the Cowboys and their fans, hostile against our own players and coaches. We could hear boos for the first time in many years.

acctingman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30guu9pr said:
Well there it is, why even play the game? A fan says we can't beat the Cowpokes.

OP asked a question. People answered.

Get over it?

chris98251

Reaction score
If our offense looks like it did Monday I would say we can't beat the Cards, Bills, or Browns. We have the pieces but the person putting the puzzle together ( Pete) it would appear doesn't trust either his OC or QB enough to let them do their jobs without trying to micro manage personnel and play calling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:stirthepot:
Relax, it's a joke, it happens. And I was referring to the "NOPE" comment. Not the OP. It's a solid post by the OP.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ddzsp5z said:
AKNFidel":3ddzsp5z said:
At this point and sample size, I’m not sure we can beat the practice squad.
Who do you think is on our practice squad?

hawksincebirth":3ddzsp5z said:
Being favored by 1-1.5 at home is horrible lmfao , you usually get 3 standard just for a home team ... sheesh
It means they think we are just a little worse than Dallas on a neutral field, and that seems fair to me (generous even) after our offensive struggles so far. Is that horrible?

The good... bad... exciting thing about the NFL is the favorite loses fairly often because the overall margins are very slim. That's bad news for us on Sunday but probably good news for us overall this season when we look to be an underdog most weeks.

Ok that’s what I thought .. not too knowledgeable on how odds and sports books work. But thanks I stand corrected it’s horrible in comparison to what our home odds used to be

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":kxdppl0w said:
:stirthepot:
Relax, it's a joke, it happens. And I was referring to the "NOPE" comment. Not the OP. It's a solid post by the OP.
I’ll bet a 6 pack

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We will probably win this one . We are different at home

Aw Mang

Reaction score
On any given Sunday, Seattle can beat anybody. Unfortunately this Sunday is not that given Sunday. The defense will have trouble containing Zeke.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately not this year. It will likely take until mid-season before some offensive schematic changes are implemented. Until then, expect more of the same. The D will at least keep it close and give us a chance late, but the O won’t deliver in the clutch.

Seahawker

Reaction score
10-6
We lost two away games by ten points and RW was sacked six times in each.
The board melts down and the rats start dog paddling before the ship even starts listing.
The Cowboys are coming to town and few are discussing a game plan for them or even how we match up.
I could see some of these kind of discussions during the bye week or in the 2nd half of the season if our record warranted it. But Pete, RW and this young team deserve better IMHO from Seahawk fan's considering the injury circumstances, Pete's record here and the overall macro Seahawk history since 76'. Have we become spoiled snobs, talking some retro LOB message board trash while whimpering we don't wanna take a timeout? Honestly its a little embarrassing and maybe even SHAMEFUL. I'm so glad PA holds the reins to this franchise and not some of you, *grin*.

Can we beat the Cowboys? How do we beat the Cowboys?..., that's what we should be talking about, Seahawk fans.

Reaction score
We can. But I'm not sure we will.

A transition season sounded about right going in and we may get better as the season goes on. What worries me is all the weird decisions and the explanations behind them. I can't help but feel like it's starting to unravel at the moment.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
We can.

Seattle will need to either come out hot, forcing Dallas to abandon their run game. Or Seattle will need to have good fortune with turnovers. Failing either of those things, I think it'll be a slug fest and the team with the better rushing game should prevail.

Been pleasantly surprised at our ability to get turnovers in both games this year. It was a major question mark heading into the year, and really going back to last year. But we've been very good at that.

Ultimately, I think this is a game we most likely lose. Mostly because I think it'll come down to which team stops running the ball first. Seattle has shown that even if it's working, we'll mess that up. I just think that Seattle doesn't run because they flat out don't have the will to do it. And that's going back two years now. We give up on it immediately and will go several drives without a single rushing attempt. I don't see Dallas giving up on that and I don't see either team going up by 2 scores on the other barring ST/TO luck.

Dallas' secondary is better than ours at the moment assuming either Tre Flowers or Akeem King plays. Neither of those players are ready to start yet and could have used a redshirt year. We're basically down to our 4th and 5th outside corners already. Luckily, Dallas' WR group is a weakness. Passing effectiveness should be compromised for both teams.

If Seattle comes out determined to actually commit to the run as much as they talk about it, I think we have a better than even chance. Maybe the poop show we've seen the first two weeks fires up our determination to not let it happen again.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Audition tape for ETIII. He keeps us in it with stellar play.

NINEster

Reaction score
Game will come down to Cowboy offense vs. Seahawks defense.