Can we beat the Cowboys?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
AgentDib":1l72iqwa said:
If you find a NFL game with a certain outcome then you owe it to yourself to bet on it and make a bunch of money. There will always be somebody happy to take your money on the other side of the line. We "could" have won either of the first two games but simply didn't play well enough to deserve it. That's what makes the NFL simultaneously great and miserable.

The Hawks are favored on Sunday by 1 to 1.5 points depending on where you look, so we probably "should" win but it's close to a 50/50 proposition. We look to be returning some key players to a defense that is playing better than it should be. Expectations on offense will be pretty low so I expect a mediocre performance that still encourages people.

Being favored by 1-1.5 at home is horrible lmfao , you usually get 3 standard just for a home team ... sheesh

NJlargent

Reaction score
We lost to Keenum and trubisky. This game is a crap shoot.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
At this point and sample size, I’m not sure we can beat the practice squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AgentDib

Reaction score
AKNFidel":9a33m1jr said:
At this point and sample size, I’m not sure we can beat the practice squad.
Who do you think is on our practice squad?

hawksincebirth":9a33m1jr said:
Being favored by 1-1.5 at home is horrible lmfao , you usually get 3 standard just for a home team ... sheesh
It means they think we are just a little worse than Dallas on a neutral field, and that seems fair to me (generous even) after our offensive struggles so far. Is that horrible?

The good... bad... exciting thing about the NFL is the favorite loses fairly often because the overall margins are very slim. That's bad news for us on Sunday but probably good news for us overall this season when we look to be an underdog most weeks.

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":23hw7i6x said:
Cowboys lead the league in sacks. Its gonna be a long day unless they come up with an answer or Russ does some magic.

Exactly why I doubt we will. We cannot protect Wilson with the play book (thanks Pete ball) or the Oline that Pete cobbled together.

Any team that resembles pressure (Rams) 42-7 can destroy us. We are 1-5 in our last 6 regular season games.

See a trend anyone?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Cowboys are just as good as the Bears and Broncos. Those were close games that WERE winnable. Can we? Yes. Will we? Probably not. I have zero confidence in this grade school offense.

Elemas

Reaction score
The way this team is playing, no. The potential is there...surely could say that about any team.

But. I think this game hinges on our returning (hopefully) players. The only plus side would be the defense and Dickson (sounds weird to say that but this guy is incredible...sans the bad snap/botched punt).

Run game needs to be established like...2 games ago. Russ looks hesitant. Some of the sacks are on him but, he is definitely not getting rid of the ball in time.

I think our D can "manage" their offense. They're trending towards the lower end...like us.

16-10...feels like it could go either way.

xray

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better then Denver or the Bears,and have 9 sacks already. Hawks lose a close one @ home.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Can we win? Yes. Will we? Depends on if we commit to running the ball.

The narrative is the defense is questionable. Not so fast.

With the help of the MNF broadcast, they made Nagy look like an offensive genius. Despite all the formations, motions, etc...their QB threw 200 yards. Run defense poor? Not do fast...again. Jordan Howard rushed 14 times for 30 yards.

This DLine is talented, athletic and vastly underrated. They were on the field all night long and held this offensive genius to 17 points. And what about our secondary? It’s a patch work, cobbled bunch, but they had 2 INTs. Should had 4.

I expect the 12s to disrupt the Cowboy offense because their Oline will be a tad bit slow from getting out of their stance....I can see more pressure, the missing link from making this D great.

Shotty...control the ball please. Run the ball please. Keep our defense off the field.

Seahawks win: 24-13