Can Cross handle Myles Garrett?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He lines up everywhere from what I’ve seen. I suspect they’ll try to free him from double teams.

12forlife

Reaction score
I would hope so. No offense to JSN but this is a game for the big boys.
JSN is our best route runner though. What I heard today that was interesting, we are top 5 when we use 12 personal and Cleveland is top on stopping 12 man personal? Should be another close low scoring game. Hopefully we Game plan against Garrett? He absolutely ruined Indy!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Garrett played well so far, in the run for defensive player of the year, he may not line up across from our LT, but he most likely will.

Garrett 8 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 16 hurries, 7 hits and 11 total pressures. Oh 11 solo tackles! He currently the highest ranked DE on PFF. https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/myles-garrett/11756

View attachment 61445
Dang . This looks like a horrible matchup on paper for our offensive line. Besides Garrett, the dudes on the other side look like they could be a problem.

Waldron needs to call " spider Y banana"

morgulon1

Reaction score
JSN is our best route runner though. What I heard today that was interesting, we are top 5 when we use 12 personal and Cleveland is top on stopping 12 man personal? Should be another close low scoring game. Hopefully we Game plan against Garrett? He absolutely ruined Indy!
What's the over/under?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am sending all my good chi to Charles Cross, if he could neutralize Garrett, we will win this game. Their defense backfield ain't scary and we have great skill players. It's their DL, that is scary.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I am sending all my good chi to Charles Cross, if he could neutralize Garrett, we will win this game. Their defense backfield ain't scary and we have great skill players. It's their DL, that is scary.
Yeah that's what I was just thinking. Garrett is a problem but the guys on the other side look to be formidable.

I'm going to be monitoring this situation closely.

Polk738

Reaction score

What exactly are you basing that on? I would say if anything Lockett is our best route runner, nothing against JSN but I REALLY like Bobo for these quick passes and contested catches, he has already proven what he can do.

keasley45

Reaction score

Gotta say, Cross has been less than impressive in his sophomore year. Hoping it's the injury that's holding him back and not that he's already hit his ceiling.

Lucas, in my opinion, has been the better of the two players. Hoping he gets back soon.

12forlife

Reaction score
What exactly are you basing that on? I would say if anything Lockett is our best route runner, nothing against JSN but I REALLY like Bobo for these quick passes and contested catches, he has already proven what he can do.
Nothin against Lockett, but he has began to slow a bit. Tyler & JSN are both great route runners, I just feel at this point JSN supplies a little more wiggle and just that lil extra separation which is huge in the tight spaces of the red zone.
Don't get me started with Bobo, dudes a beast! I would love to see Dk, Bobo, JSN, Fant & Charbonnett as our red zone package. I love me some K9, but he isn't a great goal line back?

LTH

Reaction score
Garrett is going to make some plays because he is just a stud. I think the Key is for the Hawks to not turn the ball over. IMO Cross can not handle him 1 on 1 very few can. Interesting to see how the Hawks scheme him.

LTH

BASF

Reaction score
Curious how he ruined Indy considering they had their highest points scored and most total yards since mid-2021?

As far as JSN goes, his route running into the middle of the field has led to LB jumping routes and getting INTs or dropping them on three occasions. He has a lot to prove in the NFL.

sutz

Reaction score
Gotta say, Cross has been less than impressive in his sophomore year. Hoping it's the injury that's holding him back and not that he's already hit his ceiling.

Lucas, in my opinion, has been the better of the two players. Hoping he gets back soon.
In fairness to Cross, he usually faces the best pass rusher on the field. Having said that, I don't argue that Lucas hasn't been better. Arguably he has, but all things are not necessarily equal. Both exceeded what anyone would normally expect from first year O-linemen. Hopefully, Cross will get past his injuries and continue to improve.

And yes, starting to worry a bit about Lucas. His injury is ligering longer than expected, given the original prognosis of it that was given to us.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Myles Garrett, is very possibly, the best player overall in the entire NFL.

No one in the NFL can stop this man every single snap.

Just gotta hope to prevent him from absolutely wrecking the game every snap.

If Cross/Curhan can slow him down enough for some periods of the offense, that, maybe all we can hope for as long as when it happens Geno and the run game can make something happen.