Can Cross handle Myles Garrett?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Myles Garrett, is very possibly, the best player overall in the entire NFL.

No one in the NFL can stop this man every single snap.

Just gotta hope to prevent him from absolutely wrecking the game every snap.

If Cross/Curhan can slow him down enough for some periods of the offense, that, maybe all we can hope for as long as when it happens Geno and the run game can make something happen.
Curhan will be starting?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Dang . This looks like a horrible matchup on paper for our offensive line. Besides Garrett, the dudes on the other side look like they could be a problem.

Waldron needs to call " spider Y banana"
I thought "Spider Y Banana" was a joke or some sort of an inside thing -

After googling it - sounds like exactly what they need to call!

Several times.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You have to double-team him on third down, AND Geno can’t hold the ball in the pocket.

I remember Justin Fields first pro game. Garrett had 4 sacks and almost killed him. Show Geno the tape!

Smellyman

Reaction score
In fairness to Cross, he usually faces the best pass rusher on the field. Having said that, I don't argue that Lucas hasn't been better. Arguably he has, but all things are not necessarily equal. Both exceeded what anyone would normally expect from first year O-linemen. Hopefully, Cross will get past his injuries and continue to improve.

And yes, starting to worry a bit about Lucas. His injury is ligering longer than expected, given the original prognosis of it that was given to us.
this just isn't true in the NFL nowadays. Many great pass rusher are over the RT or lining up all over the place.

94Smith

Reaction score
this just isn't true in the NFL nowadays. Many great pass rusher are over the RT or lining up all over the place.
When the Seahawks face the Steelers, Watt lines up at RT

morgulon1

Reaction score
I thought "Spider Y Banana" was a joke or some sort of an inside thing -

After googling it - sounds like exactly what they need to call!

Several times.
Haha . It is a joke but it is an actual play.
Gruden was talking about it on his QB school show .

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
True. You need to be solid on both sides. But you’ll still have more risk of blind side strip-sack from the left side.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Number 1 key to this game is to not get behind and need to be forced to throw the ball. Geno gonna get crushed back there if they can blitz

12forlife

Reaction score
Curious how he ruined Indy considering they had their highest points scored and most total yards since mid-2021?

As far as JSN goes, his route running into the middle of the field has led to LB jumping routes and getting INTs or dropping them on three occasions. He has a lot to prove in the NFL.
Curious what your definition of ruining a game is? Because mine is a game where a guy has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a blocked FG.

BASF

Reaction score
Curious what your definition of ruining a game is? Because mine is a game where a guy has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a blocked FG.
For my definition of ruining a team's game see the Bears '85 Super Bowl, Ravens '00 Super Bowl and our '13 Super Bowl. That is ruining a team's game, not giving up 456 yards and 38 points.

If you want a single player example, Cortez Kennedy took over Monday night football on 11-1-1999 forcing HoF Brett Favre to have one of the worst games of his career. The Packers only managed to score 7 points. It's weird watching the highlights on Youtube and seeing them not show how Kennedy was pushing the pocket.

sutz

Reaction score
Number 1 key to this game is to not get behind and need to be forced to throw the ball. Geno gonna get crushed back there if they can blitz
Yeah, we're gonna need to have some semblance of a running game today. 🙏

JPatera76

Reaction score
If we roll out an offensive line formation/personel and play calls that we used in the weeks before the bye that worked.... I think we can minimize the damage. But if seattle rolls out whatever shitshow we've seen the last few weeks for formations and play calls, geno might be dead before the 1st half is over. LOL

Latest posts