Cameron Morrah

Jville

Reaction score
At one time I had positive expectations for Cameron Morrah. The forty niners released him for the same reason Seahawks chose not to resign him ...... injuries.

Besides, Cooper Helfet replaced Morrah as a movement TE/H-back candidate and negated the need to resign him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
olyfan63":1uamre4u said:
That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.

They may be deep in some areas, but they're just as thin at TE as Seattle. They lost Delanie Walker and are similarly relying on a rookie out of Rice and a 2012 UDFA to step up. I think it says a lot that they dropped Morrah this early.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3i3zrbdk said:
olyfan63":3i3zrbdk said:
That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.

They may be deep in some areas, but they're just as thin at TE as Seattle. They lost Delanie Walker and are similarly relying on a rookie out of Rice and a 2012 UDFA to step up. I think it says a lot that they dropped Morrah this early.

Yes it says they are hurting at WR and none of the candidates are impressing enough to alleviate the need to bring in more receivers to look at and hope they find a serviceable candidate for the season.

Simply put they need the roster spot and they need it now. Look for other fringe players to also get the ax until they either find someone or decide to go into the season with what they got.

This is not an endorsement of Morah, I don't know where he would fit on our depth chart or if we are even thinking about replacing McCoy's position but I believe part of the reason was due to the need to find a receiver and without that need he may still be on that roster.

Latest posts