Bucs Trade Eric Wright to the Niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Marvin49":td17f4db said:
dunceface":td17f4db said:
You know, when you cheat to win you've already lost...I wonder if the Niners know that

Oh relax.

When he cheats in a Niner uniform, THEN you have a leg to stand on (and yes, I got the reference).

Besides, it's naive to think that everyone in any locker room in the NFL is clean. The issue in Seattle (and this is actually the only time I'm ever spoken in this forum about it) was the VOLUME of PED positive results. One or two and nobody bats an eye...it was when there were so many.

Niners have had their fair share of failed tests, so not standing on a soapbox, but you guys act like signing 1 guy who did it a year ago is the same as SEVERAL players testing positive while on your roster.

Ok so then if you sign Aaron hernandez it will be ok.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And he claimed it was Adderall. haha, hardouche. Where are Bo Schembechler's words of wisdom now?

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2w6hpbh2 said:
dunceface":2w6hpbh2 said:
You know, when you cheat to win you've already lost...I wonder if the Niners know that

Oh relax.

When he cheats in a Niner uniform, THEN you have a leg to stand on (and yes, I got the reference).

Besides, it's naive to think that everyone in any locker room in the NFL is clean. The issue in Seattle (and this is actually the only time I'm ever spoken in this forum about it) was the VOLUME of PED positive results. One or two and nobody bats an eye...it was when there were so many.

Niners have had their fair share of failed tests, so not standing on a soapbox, but you guys act like signing 1 guy who did it a year ago is the same as SEVERAL players testing positive while on your roster.

Hi there, you guys just signed a guy who got popped for PED's in the past, and just got busted for DUI(2nd time) a week ago.

This guy is a dumpster fire. Have fun with this one.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Marvin49":3c9ck2cq said:
dunceface":3c9ck2cq said:

Oh relax.

Wright just got busted for DUI a few weeks ago! But Harbaugh gets on his soap box about how HIS team are all angels while some OTHER team is dirty, blah blah blah, taking implied shots at the Seahawks with his arrogant "holier than thou" BS ...until someone who has talent but is a repeat offender for shenanigans the league wouldn't like comes along cheap, oh THEN it's OK to pick him up! And the whiner fanbase just skips right over it and moves on, like they do with all the other crap that's happened to their team this offseason.

Delusional doesn't even begin to cover it.

dunceface

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":2xobsxjh said:
Marvin49":2xobsxjh said:
dunceface":2xobsxjh said:

Oh relax.

Hi there, you guys just signed a guy who got popped for PED's in the past, and just got busted for DUI(2nd time) a week ago.

This guy is a dumpster fire. Have fun with this one.

Hahaha that's good info thanks for adding that Crimson!

Unfortunately, Marv, when your coach says dumb things like that it opens you up to stupid pot shots like this one :dummy:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wright just got busted for DUI a few weeks ago! But Harbaugh gets on his soap box about how HIS team are all angels while some OTHER team is dirty, blah blah blah, taking implied shots at the Seahawks with his arrogant "holier than thou" BS ...until someone who has talent but is a repeat offender for shenanigans the league wouldn't like comes along cheap, oh THEN it's OK to pick him up! And the whiner fanbase just skips right over it and moves on, like they do with all the other crap that's happened to their team this offseason.

You know that saying about glass houses and those that live in them? I find it entirely appropriate in this situation.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I wonder if Pete notices all of the niner dui's. I guess THOSE are okay...at least for the niner organization.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":apkv8jqv said:

What happened to the 49ers during the offseason that was controversial besides the Ahmad Brooks case? When did Harbaugh say the 49ers were angels? When he spoke about you guys and PEDs, what did he say that was wrong?

Most Niner fans do not believe what Ahmad Brooks did was justified. Don't let your hatred blind you from the truth. Harbaugh does tell his players that they need to be "above reproach," which is something I would hope that coaches on all levels would tell their players.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":2k9gyjgc said:
Don't let your hatred blind you from the truth.

Oh the irony.

Sure thing CIP, make sure you post that shit on the Niner board.

Never mind the PED suspension. Cause "if you're cheating, you have already lost"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think it is great that Harbacheat picked up a PED user. But the fact is that Harbafreak can't bear to see Rodgers getting burned or Brown getting tossed around like a rag-doll on the running plays.

We are witnessing the pussification of the Niners secondary. Whitner is being surrounded by an unproven rookie and the cast of My Little Pony. Baalke is loading up for camp in desperation. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The hilarious and the sad part (for the ninnies trolls) is they justify everything that org or coaching staff does regardless of the hypocrisy! Hey ninnies fans, a word of advice..... when you find yourself in a deep hole, QUIT DIGGING!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":3g8pplw5 said:
Trenchbroom":3g8pplw5 said:

What happened to the 49ers during the offseason that was controversial besides the Ahmad Brooks case? When did Harbaugh say the 49ers were angels? When he spoke about you guys and PEDs, what did he say that was wrong?

Most Niner fans do not believe what Ahmad Brooks did was justified. Don't let your hatred blind you from the truth. Harbaugh does tell his players that they need to be "above reproach," which is something I would hope that coaches on all levels would tell their players.

Maybe Harbag didn't mention drinking and driving to his players because he has been caught in the past for doing it himself.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3eyuovpl said:
I think it is great that Harbacheat picked up a PED user. But the fact is that Harbafreak can't bear to see Rodgers getting burned or Brown getting tossed around like a rag-doll on the running plays.

We are witnessing the pussification of the Niners secondary. Whitner is being surrounded by an unproven rookie and the cast of My Little Pony. Baalke is loading up for camp in desperation. :)
I doubt it. A good pass rush will make a crap secondary look good. Besides, this Wright guy may not even make the team. I've heard he's decent, never seen him play, but he has a lot of competition in camp, and I'm betting he'll be beat out by one of the other vets or an UDFA who's more athletic and younger.

Yakimaniac

Reaction score
Giedi":1d3skc7f said:
loafoftatupu":1d3skc7f said:

I doubt it. A good pass rush will make a crap secondary look good. Besides, this Wright guy may not even make the team. I've heard he's decent, never seen him play, but he has a lot of competition in camp, and I'm betting he'll be beat out by one of the other vets or an UDFA who's more athletic and younger.

Regardless of whether or not he makes the team, the fact that he came in to the team at all, while have PED and DUI issues in the past shows Harbaugh's hypocrisy, especially when he's overtly bashing the Seahawks for having guys get popped for PED...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
These are the same fans that loved Singletary, Golston and Walker right up until they are behind their backs and then they pull the knives out and begin the stabbings to justify a new trend or way.

They justify as easily as back stab to suit their needs of the moment.

There is no way a rational person does not see the irony of this move especially while justifying Brooks actions (another repeat offender) as less than PED usage that is league wide and Papaki's immaturity right along with it but give it time, this fan base has a consistent record of this nature and it won't be long before we watch it all unravel and the fan base again turns on it's own. It's the nature of the entitled and clueless.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is just a good example of why you don't get into being critical of another team as a player and coach or anyone else.

We get talked about by Harbaugh get the Brooks story is there, the Wright story is there, Kaepernicks dumb Dolphin hat move, then his ESPN Nude crap, I'm sure I am missing something.

I would just leave it as both teams have these types of issues in some degree, it's the fact that some players and coaches or front offices make the effort to throw barbs at the other that creates the antagonistic environment.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":2lapjnfl said:
loafoftatupu":2lapjnfl said:

I don't usually respond to your posts with any seriousness, because typically they don't warrant it. I actually meant to add to my post a reference that at least the Niners front seven can handle itself well enough that the secondary isn't exposed too badly. Especially in the run game.

I would actually guess that this could be the end for Rodgers, but Wright is bound to beat out Rodgers or Brown, who I personally think is overrated and a weakness in the run game. Rodgers was getting beat badly at the end of the season last year and I just think Harbafreak is asking to get as many experienced starters in camp as possible so that they can put together the most functional group possible, even if it is short term. There is a money issue that can be rectified by dropping Rodgers too and ny thinking is that the Niners will be making other moves that aren't in the secondary. Wright will be cheap and a potential bargain if he works out. I know you probably think Brown is the man, but I see a guy that gets pushed around by receivers.

We saw PC and JS do this the last couple years and little by little they put together a strong secondary. Like the Winfield signing. They should have been fine with Thurmond, but he doesn't stay healthy long enough to depend on him. Trufant was a fan favorite, but he was showing his wear, much like Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.