Brandon Marshall signing

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Marshall should be trying to compete with Lockett for time in two-WR sets. He gives them a bigger body, better blocker on the line of scrimmage as a split end. With Baldwin/Marshall at WR, Dissly at TE, Jalston or Hill at FB, they better be able to run the ball.

He is 41 receptions away from 1k in his career. 959 catches for 12,215 yards and 82 TDs in his career. 23 receptions behind Randy Moss, which seems possibly doable:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1u1gz21p said:
[youtube]pH6xOZSS6xU[/youtube]

59 catches for 788 yards (13.4ypc) and 3 TDs in 2016 with the horrible Jets.
109 catches for 1,502 yards (13.8 ypc) and 14 TDs in 2015 with the horrible Jets.

Sherm beaten bad twice in this vid. LOL.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
With the change in kickoffs we are likely to carry one or two more guys from the receiver, linebacker, and secondary positions than we're used to seeing on the roster, at the expense of backup linemen.

To add Marshall we may not have to cut any receivers we otherwise wouldn't have, provided they can play special teams.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hmmm...the timing of this is interesting. It seems that maybe what PC saw of the young receivers in OTAs wasn't impressive. Hopefully Marshall can get back to his 2015/2016 form. Who gets the ax from the roster to make room for Marshall?

naholmes

Reaction score
hawkfan68":35xicrvs said:
hmmm...the timing of this is interesting. It seems that maybe what PC saw of the young receivers in OTAs wasn't impressive. Hopefully Marshall can get back to his 2015/2016 form. Who gets the ax from the roster to make room for Marshall?
I was thinking the same thing and Marshall only makes sense as a starter because he doesn’t contribute on special teams. Maybe Jaron Brown hasn’t been impressive because I’ve been hearing good things about Lockett? It could also be about run blocking as others have mentioned.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe Schotty looked at his receivers and said, I have a bunch of inexperienced toothpicks or midgets, we need a possession guy that can catch in traffic and box out defenders for the ball.

Schotty likes the mid level routes on the sidelines, we don't have a guy that has proven he can do that since Kearse left and he wasn't great at it, Sidney Rice was the last decent sideline pattern guy we had.

NJlargent

Reaction score
He will be a good mentor to the younger guys while we rebuild. He would also be a good contributor if we actually turn out to be better than predicted since he definitely has talent. It is a good pickup.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So he had a bad 2017? Well Russell Wilson is no Josh McCown or Geno Smith but he might be able to put a few catchable balls near Mr. Marshall.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":1f9foack said:
Maybe Schotty looked at his receivers and said, I have a bunch of inexperienced toothpicks or midgets, we need a possession guy that can catch in traffic and box out defenders for the ball.

Schotty likes the mid level routes on the sidelines, we don't have a guy that has proven he can do that since Kearse left and he wasn't great at it, Sidney Rice was the last decent sideline pattern guy we had.

Doug Baldwin can run every route on the field.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1ins5ao4 said:
chris98251":1ins5ao4 said:

Doug Baldwin can run every route on the field.

But he doesn't have the physical size to Box out a defender on the sidelines that is on him and stand his position. Why don't people learn to read and comprehend.

Brandon Marshall
Height:
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
Weight:
232 lb (105 kg)

Doug Baldwin
Height:
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Weight:
192 lb (87 kg)

Now even a Caveman can see the advanatge of having a guy with larger wingspan, height, and weight to establish his position could have. Doesn't mean Doug can't do it, but the success rate or Brandon doing it as well as getting fade routes in the end zone or a corner route with a taller guy could be somewhat helpful.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1n8gu5kn said:
I would think Tanner McEvoy would be the obvious choice.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2k1a8evq said:
hawkfan68":2k1a8evq said:
I would think Tanner McEvoy would be the obvious choice.

Would fill that roll, he isn't a great route runner and there is a knack for setting up defenders to gain the edge and seal to get the ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh and the Mediots are already condemning his signing and why we didn't sign Bryant.

Hate the Seahawks in all things is already in full swing again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":27oulscg said:
Oh and the Mediots are already condemning his signing and why we didn't sign Bryant.

Let em hate. The best thing the National mediots can do for this team is hate on ‘em.

There are reasons Dez hasn’t been signed, and it ain’t dumb luck.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think Marshall can keep his head straight, Bryant no way in hell that guy is even worth looking at . Pass.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":2h3npbzv said:
I think Marshall can keep his head straight, Bryant no way in hell that guy is even worth looking at . Pass.

This makes sense to me. Besides with RW getting him the ball he could well have another good season or two in him left. That's the hope!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":gguc3k7v said:

Bryant will be a cancer wherever he ends up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":33ra27iw said:
I'm not too sure I like this move. I was hoping to see Darboh and Moore step up, maybe they aren't ready too. That is disappointing.

I like thoset guys too, but at worst they go to the practice team. I think they can learn from Marshall though, and he is a passionate and smart player. Watching him on inside the NFL, he's a very smart young man who has learned from his own personal struggles, and that off those around him.

I think he would be a great addition to the players union.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I love it. Even if he doesn't make the final roster, his effort in run-blocking, his feet awareness, and his use of his body and angles to get leverage can't hurt to have around the young guys. Even if he's not a vocal leader, if the young dudes are watching, they'll notice.

Latest posts