Brandon Marshall signing

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1ozxs7t0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1001542291620642816[/tweet]

This is really what it's all about, can Marshall stay healthy.

We'll see if the season ending ankle ligament surgery was successful, and he can stay healthy through camp. If so, he could be a decent signing.

Let's face it, our WR depth chart is pretty damn scary right now with how thin it is. Couldn't even tell you who our starting 3rd receiver is...................Brown? McEvoy? Johnson?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hugbqdr said:
KitsapGuy":2hugbqdr said:

We'll see if the season ending ankle ligament surgery was successful, and he can stay healthy through camp. If so, he could be a decent signing.

Let's face it, our WR depth chart is pretty damn scary right now with how thin it is. Couldn't even tell you who our starting 3rd receiver is...................Brown? McEvoy? Johnson?

Brown, Darboh, or Marshall.

chris98251

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how many 3 WR sets we use with the focus on the run and having a FB and a real TE in the scheme also.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1ybot4r1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ybot4r1 said:
KitsapGuy":1ybot4r1 said:

Darboh just got bumped down to 5th or 6th receiver with this signing, he better get his poop together or he might get cut if Marshall plays well in camp and pre-season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bunhe4v said:
I would have rather paid a little more for Maclin or Bryant if we're going to add a veteran WR.

But maybe this is good for both sides. Marshall is cheap and knows he has to behave and perform if he wants to make any more money playing football.
Dez Bryant makes Sherm look like a choirboy. If you don’t like Sherm yelling at coaches you’ll hate Dez’s sideline antics.

Plus we’d have to hire a babysitter just to keep him away from trouble in his off time. ....and that doesn’t include the drop off in his play. Wanna see a reason on the field to not get Dez, go back and watch his game vs the Hawks on X-mas eve. He had a bad game and a hard time getting open vs our JV secondary.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lpnjkvt said:
hawknation2018":3lpnjkvt said:
Sgt. Largent":3lpnjkvt said:
KitsapGuy":3lpnjkvt said:

Darboh just got bumped down to 5th or 6th receiver with this signing, he better get his poop together or he might get cut if Marshall plays well in camp and pre-season.

Darboh was the one WR Russell was really talking up during OTAs. There seems to be some comfort developing there, which is good.

Not sure how to order Brown, Darboh, or Marshall at this point in time. I like the potential of Brown the most of the three, but he could also fail to adjust to a new system/struggle with route running/etc. At least there is some competition now from a veteran like Marshall.

I know there are people very high on Moore. Stringfellow is a high ceiling guy trying to fight his way up from the bottom of the roster. Darboh is pretty roster safe, unless someone like Moore, Stringfellow, Johnson, etc. shows more consistency.

kobebryant

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2em9hfnm said:
We have been burned too many times by free agent receivers in the past.

Like who ? And how far back are you going?

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1dbu98h7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1dbu98h7 said:
hawknation2018":1dbu98h7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1dbu98h7 said:

Darboh was the one WR Russell was really talking up during OTAs. There seems to be some comfort developing there, which is good.

Not sure how to order Brown, Darboh, or Marshall at this point in time. I like the potential of Brown the most of the three, but he could also fail to adjust to a new system/struggle with route running/etc. At least there is some competition now from a veteran like Marshall.

I know there are people very high on Moore. Stringfellow is a high ceiling guy trying to fight his way up from the bottom of the roster. Darboh is pretty roster safe, unless someone like Moore, Stringfellow, Johnson, etc. shows more consistency.

Well we have to take into consideration what Schotty wants in the three positions, Wide out, Slot, and the Combo as well as options for 3rd down and Redzone. It may not be what were used to seeing, we have a lot of body types and speed types now. We may have much more situational player compositions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1o90ca7l said:
I would have rather paid a little more for Maclin or Bryant if we're going to add a veteran WR.

But maybe this is good for both sides. Marshall is cheap and knows he has to behave and perform if he wants to make any more money playing football.
Dez Bryant makes Sherm look like a choirboy. If you don’t like Sherm yelling at coaches you’ll hate Dez’s sideline antics.

Plus we’d have to hire a babysitter just to keep him away from trouble in his off time. ....and that doesn’t include the drop off in his play. Wanna see a reason on the field to not get Dez, go back and watch his game vs the Hawks on X-mas eve. He had a bad game and a hard time getting open vs our JV secondary.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It really should be obvious.

Of course this is great.

What did we suck at? Scoring TDs.

What does Brandon Marshall give us? A guy that can catch TDs in the EZ not named Baldwin.

I don't care he catches a pass between the 20s at all. (He will though) But he is very good at catching TDs. The alternative is shoving Baldwin out there into quintuple coverage since nobody else is really a threat to the defense. Hell yes this helps.

And of course his numbers are down, HE PLAYED FOR THE JETS. Would you like to review their roster just to clarify who these QBs were?

This was very good news for a team that needed some.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":1o1ow4d1 said:
OkieHawk":1o1ow4d1 said:

Harvin and Graham recently. Yes, Graham was a TE but he was really a receiver. He didn't do squat here for what we gave up for him. Do you need me to go back even further?

kobebryant

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3be81cj0 said:
kobebryant":3be81cj0 said:
OkieHawk":3be81cj0 said:

Harvin and Graham recently. Yes, Graham was a TE but he was really a receiver. He didn't do squat here for what we gave up for him. Do you need me to go back even further?

Harvin and Graham weren't free agents.

Chapow

Reaction score
We gave up a lot for Harvin and we gave up a lot for Graham. We're giving up nothing for Marshall other than a very modest 1 year contract and it could end up being basically nothing if he doesn't make the final roster. This is why I don't mind the signing at all even though I'm not expecting much. If he has anything left in the tank at all and can stay healthy it'll almost certainly be worth it. If not, no big deal.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
I am just happy that now the fade into the end zone might land in a pair of hands and not on the ground.....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3a4g0uqp said:
OkieHawk":3a4g0uqp said:
kobebryant":3a4g0uqp said:
OkieHawk":3a4g0uqp said:

Nope it was worse than that. The team traded first round picks + for both of them. Imagine if either first round pick had worked out the team would be in much better shape capsize and would have a solid player still on the team. Instead the team went for it and got Harvin who the team traded away for a bag of chips, and Graham who they overpaid and didn't get value for the pick and player traded until his final season in Seattle. Unfortunately both player spent a lot of time on well paid IR as well.

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wyw03v3j said:
Sgt. Largent":wyw03v3j said:

What an incredibly lengthy rap sheet. He now also owns a diagnosed personality disorder which can further invite an enabling disorder. Perfect fuel for the fires raging in the off topics forum. LOL

Carroll volunteered for this. Sure hope they can handle his most recent undertaking.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":2l4tapum said:
OkieHawk":2l4tapum said:
kobebryant":2l4tapum said:
OkieHawk":2l4tapum said:

True, but we still got burned on those trades. I misremembered the Harvin signing (forgot it was a trade) and I'm still upset over the Graham trade.

I should have said veteran signings instead of free agents, but my point still stands that we've been burned more often than not it. I could be misremembering, but that is what it seems.

Fade

Reaction score
This move helps fill a big need in the red zone that Graham has since evacuated, which is good.

Baldwin
Brown
Lockett
Marshall

I like David Moore a lot too. I would like to think Marshall knows the situation and can accept it.

Good move if that is the case.

King Dog

Reaction score
I bet Marshall is quaking in his boots over having to compete against Darboh, Brown and Moore

Latest posts