Bobby Wagner

BullHawk33

Reaction score
agree, he has lost a half a step. You know how you get that half a step? You have an all-pro safety behind you to help you make your decisions much easier. Guess what is missing from that calculation... (rhetorical, you don't need to)

All that said, yesterday I was telling my brother at the game that Bobby was just about everywhere. When he wasn't, you noticed. Dude was flat out balling and tried putting everyone on his back but without the offense rolling and using up the clock, that is just too much for them to deal with.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he's been nursing an injury all year.

I don't know where he is now but last week he was the second leading tackler in the league and is starting in the pro bowl this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ppodqjwz said:
Remind me why this guy is the highest paid LB in the game??

Sure doesn’t play like it!

Pretty evident all season long, he is totally unworthy of his salary.

Trade this imposter moonlighting as the best inside linebacker in the league and his huge salary and cut his best friend KJ next year.

PC, this loss and losing the number one seed is all on you!
:roll: :pukeface: :34853_doh: :roll: :roll: :pukeface: :pukeface: :roll:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1loakbky said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1loakbky said:
So the league leading tackler, team leading tackler, 4 time All pro and 6 time pro bowler isn't worth the money?

Overreact much?
Where was Wagner on Drake’s 80 yard TD?!

Nowhere to be found.

You’re telling me the offensive lineman got to Wagner and Wagner was unable to shed the block?!

A run of that many yards is inexcusable!

As Wagner is the “leader” of the defense, he should be held accountable.

I don’t know why you’re refusing to acknowledge that!

The fact that he's one of 11 people and he's the ONLY person you think could have stopped that run..... Proves how valuable he is.

The fact that you didn't watch the play and realize that his job was outside contain on the cut-back side for that play proves how inept your football IQ is. He played his responsibility PERFECTLY on that play.

Don't believe me? Here's the link.

[youtube]wIpmmIUu_X0[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
Lano Hill broke to the right on that run, and couldn't regain is center field position to cut Drake off. He's far more at fault than Bobby.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sutz":2zv1unaf said:
Lano Hill broke to the right on that run, and couldn't regain is center field position to cut Drake off. He's far more at fault than Bobby.

And, Drake ran right by Green and KJ who were both "kinda" blocked by the pulling guard. Lotsa lack of effort on that play.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tom Jackson said it best during NFL Prime Time. "I cant remember seeing the Seattle defense being this slow."

TAB420

Reaction score
Yep...it's almost like they're missing a bunch of starters or something.

Mase

Reaction score
— May I suggest we just don’t respond to statements a demonstrably stupid as the OP. I see debating a statement of a player having a good game or a bad game, but when you take the most reliable player on this defense, and trash him like he is Kyle Clifton, then you are just posting to troll. I will use Wagner’s own words.

“Keep my name, out your mouth.”

IndyHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2knak2h7 said:
Wagner looked slow today, and has looked slow several times this season. In particular on the 80 yard TD run, he looked like he didn't have the quickness needed. Sprained ankle? OK, fine. That would explain why he didn't pursue Kenyan Drake very hard on that 80 yard run; of course, if Lano Hill isn't fast enough, Bobby certainly wouldn't have any chance.

It seems like the Seahawks LBs, collectively, are not nearly as fast as they once were. Bobby and KJ have both lost a step, KJ didn't have the step to lose. Time to draft some more speedy young LBs.
They are already here.

getnasty

Reaction score
It's tough because he's not the player he was and now this injury doesnt help either but at the same time name 5 better middle backers in the league.

You wonder how much injuries matter, look no further then the Drake run. Does a heathy Bobby have enough burst to make that play? For sure Diggs holds it to a 20 yard gain instead of Hill who played that about as bad as you can.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
sutz":b011psre said:

Bobby was assigned to the cutback side. It wasn’t his job.

Subzero717

Reaction score
IndyHawk":bdzn3rkb said:
olyfan63":bdzn3rkb said:
Wagner looked slow today, and has looked slow several times this season. In particular on the 80 yard TD run, he looked like he didn't have the quickness needed. Sprained ankle? OK, fine. That would explain why he didn't pursue Kenyan Drake very hard on that 80 yard run; of course, if Lano Hill isn't fast enough, Bobby certainly wouldn't have any chance.

It seems like the Seahawks LBs, collectively, are not nearly as fast as they once were. Bobby and KJ have both lost a step, KJ didn't have the step to lose. Time to draft some more speedy young LBs.
They are already here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at 4.6 Barton and 4.5 BBK its gonna be tough sledding against todays speed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Subzero717":39jb1lr8 said:
IndyHawk":39jb1lr8 said:
olyfan63":39jb1lr8 said:

They are already here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at 4.6 Barton and 4.5 BBK its gonna be tough sledding against todays speed.
Geez, how fast do we expect them to be?
Fastest in the class @combine:
Devin White (LSU): 4.42

Devin Bush (Michgan): 4.43

Gary Johnson (Texas): 4.43

Blake Cashman (Minnesota): 4.50

Ty Summers (TCU): 4.51

balakoth

Reaction score
This entire thread has to be a joke right?

Now we are calling out Wagner? What in the actual... (should be shacked) is going on with us ....."Fans"

Subzero717

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":auqya1c4 said:
Subzero717":auqya1c4 said:
IndyHawk":auqya1c4 said:
olyfan63":auqya1c4 said:

They are already here.

Geez, how fast do we expect them to be?
Fastest in the class @combine:
Devin White (LSU): 4.42

Devin Bush (Michgan): 4.43

Gary Johnson (Texas): 4.43

Blake Cashman (Minnesota): 4.50

Ty Summers (TCU): 4.51

Wagner ran a 4.4 at his combine. We are talking about chasing Kyler Murray for the next decade plus.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ttown0026":3fbpgivr said:
I love Bobby, but he has taken a step back this year. He is still really good, but not the same player we have been blessed to see.
JEBUS PEOPLE!!, He's being asked to cover a hell of a lot more ,WITHOUT a first rate Secondary to help out.
Maybe we need to clone the guy so he can be in 4 places at the same time.
Please don't tell me that not having Quandre' Diggs back there didn't make a hell of a difference.
Everyone complained when Shaq didn't do a very good job last year when he was asked to play out of his most natural position, and then all of this year, he came on like gangbusters.
No RS, no Coleman, no Chancellor & no Thomas, SO, all the LB'S are being asked to play DIFFERENTLY this year, and it has it's downsides.

chris98251

Reaction score
Damn we are so screwed none of our LB's are 260 pounds and run a sub 4.3 forty. What is John and Pete thinking.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mase":3clrp368 said:
— May I suggest we just don’t respond to statements a demonstrably stupid as the OP. I see debating a statement of a player having a good game or a bad game, but when you take the most reliable player on this defense, and trash him like he is Kyle Clifton, then you are just posting to troll. I will use Wagner’s own words.

Cry me a river.

You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level.

If you’re saying that Wagner has only been great because he had assistance from various other areas around him previously, and now that they are gone, was Wagner really the previous playmaker you thought he was? Or was he really a by product of other talented players and the system.

You need to evaluate him individually and his individual coverage skills are not great this season.

Was exactly has Wagner done well this year?

Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years.

There are zones that the linebackers are tasked with covering and are rated on and Wagner has not faired well.

So, may I suggest you learn football before you post on this board.

Or even discuss it amongst other human beings.

You probably never even played football in your life.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ccsxasmt said:
Mase":ccsxasmt said:

Cry me a river.

You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level.

If you’re saying that Wagner has only been great because he had assistance from various other areas around him previously, and now that they are gone, was Wagner really the previous playmaker you thought he was? Or was he really a by product of other talented players and the system.

You need to evaluate him individually and his individual coverage skills are not great this season.

Was exactly has Wagner done well this year?

Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years.

There are zones that the linebackers are tasked with covering and are rated on and Wagner has not faired well.

So, may I suggest you learn football before you post on this board.

Or even discuss it amongst other human beings.

You probably never even played football in your life.

You say "You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level"

But throw this in. "Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years."

So you are not grading him and using your superior football knowledge, you are using someone else's charts and graphs and opinions.

You also say individual performance, ok to a degree, but having rookies and unhealthy team mates and injured players around you allow teams to take and target you as a threat higher then the others making your play less then stellar, you also tend to try and compensate for them.

Seen this happen with Ray Louis also till they got healthy and brought in better support around him.

Latest posts