Bobby Wagner out indefinitely

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't want to over- react to this, but this is potentially the worst news of the last 2-3 years if it means he can never get right. The 3 year extension, was good in part because Bobby has never had a sniff of injury issues. However, to get this a few weeks after the extension is really discouraging.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":1495l7zx said:
I don't want to over- react to this, but this is potentially the worst news of the last 2-3 years if it means he can never get right. The 3 year extension, was good in part because Bobby has never had a sniff of injury issues. However, to get this a few weeks after the extension is really discouraging.

I'm pretty confident in saying that no way in hell Pete and John break the bank to give Bobby his extension if there was any chronic or degenerative injury that would diminish his play going forward.

I certainly hate it when these sorts of reports are so cryptic not telling us what's going on, but I have no doubt Bobby will be ready to roll by game #1.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
The good news is that he is the one guy who can afford to miss practice time.

The Bad News is Bears.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34iwetou said:
lukerguy":34iwetou said:

I'm pretty confident in saying that no way in hell Pete and John break the bank to give Bobby his extension if there was any chronic or degenerative injury that would diminish his play going forward.

I certainly hate it when these sorts of reports are so cryptic not telling us what's going on, but I have no doubt Bobby will be ready to roll by game #1.

You mean like they "didn't do" with Percy Harvin when we signed him? :sarcasm_off:

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Cody Barton gives me some relief in case Bobby misses some games. Pete did say this isn’t the first time Bobby had done it and it’s worked well for him in the past

pehawk

Reaction score
This does suck. But at least unlike last year's KJ fiasco, the LB group has tremendous depth. Barton and Gordon Gekko are both naturally MLBs too.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This is very troubling news. Hope it’s not as bad as it sounds.
:180670:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2ysacoli said:
Sgt. Largent":2ysacoli said:
lukerguy":2ysacoli said:

You mean like they "didn't do" with Percy Harvin when we signed him? :sarcasm_off:

Yep, that's what good organizations do, they learn their lesson..........and IMO the mistake Pete and John made with Percy wasn't the injury part, I do think they knew he had some things going on.

The mistake they made with Percy was thinking he would stop being a disruptive pain in the ass and assimilate into our culture better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1ziibb6f said:
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.
Yeah, the Times said that this morning.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that he would probably miss some of the preseason and that was it. I may have misheard it but idk. IMO if he’s had it in the last which it sounds like he has, then it seems to me the article just trying to gather up some clicks then by using “indefinitely”

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":2sx35ypo said:
This does suck. But at least unlike last year's KJ fiasco, the LB group has tremendous depth. Barton and Gordon Gekko are both naturally MLBs too.

Just throw Bubu Kay in there.

D

DomeHawk

The OP's title seems unnecessarily fatalistic.

Fearmongering.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":3iswt921 said:
I heard on the radio that he would probably miss some of the preseason and that was it. I may have misheard it but idk. IMO if he’s had it in the last which it sounds like he has, then it seems to me the article just trying to gather up some clicks then by using “indefinitely”

It's definitely a scare monger word to use. When in reality, "indefinitely" just means there's no definitive timeline for return........which sounds scary, but Pete's already clarified that Bobby's expected back by game one.

Dude's warrior, he's not going to miss games because of a clean up/anti-inflammatory procedure.

Chapow

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ga6jk9zg said:

Fearmongering.

Indefinitely just means an unspecified period of time, it doesn't necessarily mean an extended period of time. It kind of seems like a lot of people don't understand the difference.

The link in the OP also says that Wagner is expected to be ready week 1.

D

DomeHawk

Chapow":hz1l1y51 said:
DomeHawk":hz1l1y51 said:

Fearmongering.

Indefinitely just means an unspecified period of time, it doesn't necessarily mean an extended period of time. It kind of seems like a lot of people don't understand the difference.

The link in the OP also says that Wagner is expected to be ready week 1.

I know what "indefinitely" means but within the context of what we are discussing here it comes off as an extended amount of time. Also, nowhere in the OP's actual post does it say he will be ready by day 1. I stand by my post, the OP was making it sound worse than it actually is.

Latest posts