Bevell must go, he lost us the SB

BellevueToPdx

Reaction score
If he doesn't have the honor to resign AND our head office excuses him I'm taking a couple year break from the NFL. Worst play call in super bowl history

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Bevell will never live this down.

You dance with the girl you took to the prom, you freakin' idiot!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I want to fly to Seattle just so I can hold up an insulting sign to Bevell. We just lost to a team that was on the ropes. That game was ours.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Rat":22fc3ny0 said:
Awful call, poorly executed. Russell should know not to throw that. Defense gave up 14 in the fourth, Kearse dropped a pass that could have put it nearly out of reach.

Collective choke. Very disappointing.

There's no time for Russ to think about not throwing. The route calls for an immediate throw. Just a crap play call.

Hawkee

Reaction score
What coach in the NFL wouldn't give it to Lynch if they had him on their team in that situation? This is a very heartbreaking loss....

pehawk

Reaction score
Rat":zw1z6faz said:
Awful call, poorly executed. Russell should know not to throw that. Defense gave up 14 in the fourth, Kearse dropped a pass that could have put it nearly out of reach.

Collective choke. Very disappointing.

Please...

kpak76

Reaction score
Serious though, wouldnt a goal line fade be safer in that situation if your going to pass? But passing, just SMDH

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":p462dkik said:
Part of this blame lies with RW also. Should have audibled out of that. Friggin slant at the 1/2 yard line. Wow, just wow.

You are assuming he had that ability on that play. Sorry this in on Bevel plain and simple. There was nothing the defense showed Wilson that should have made him audible out of that play other than to just ignore his OC.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No doubt that was the worst call in NFL history but he shouldn't get all the credit. Russell should not have run that play and Dan Quinn had absolutely nothing prepared for the pats tonight.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Part of the blame falls on Wilson. He is the last person that decides what happens to the ball when it hits his hands. I'm sure he is not going easy on himself, and not pointing fingers at anyone else.

Fire Bevell, and rebuild that O line, and get a receiver than can get open.

Anthony!

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":10rkfn8g said:
Anthony!":10rkfn8g said:
Russ Willstrong":10rkfn8g said:
Did Lockette hesitate too? He got beat to the ball.

Yes he hesitated, its not a route he normally runs

Oh christ, I'm going to bed. Cant handle Anthony!'s irrational defense of RW, even though this is NOT on RW.

Please go to bed obviously you did not read the thread someone is trying to blame Wilson, so I am making it clear it was not, do not like it don't read it.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Even my 85 year old Dad said that this was the worse call ever, you have the best RB in the league, and you pass?! But you can also go back to that pass that Kearse dropped, it came back to haunt the team. Whoever called in that play needs to be fired....smh.

motivated87

Reaction score
He Db saw something in Lockets stance.obviously Lockett isnt a true wr.so he studied and saw a tendeny.Jumped the route. many things went into that play.

jachba

Reaction score
Hawkee":9jyl1v9b said:
What coach in the NFL wouldn't give it to Lynch if they had him on their team in that situation? This is a very heartbreaking loss....

Marty Schottenheimer. I'm a Charger fan, trust me, I know.......

jacobsod

Reaction score
Saw on Facebook, sums it up.

Capture

I am stunned. Not sad. Just stunned. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Just.....Wow.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You really cannot fault RW.

No matter how good the Chef is, if he follows a crap recipe....you are going to get crap.

The only real fault is RW not calling an audible - but he is a QB, he is supposed to be confident in his ability to throw a difficult pass. The OC shouldn't have been putting our QB in a position to risk a possession like that.

That is 100% Bevell taking a game that was an almost for certain (90%+) win percentage at the end and calling a play that derailed it.

It is 100% on him. Not the QB, not the WR, not the peanut guy or guy who forgot to wear his lucky sandals to the game.

It wasn't bad luck. It was willful stupidity.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
There is no way he can stay. If he does, I'm going to have to reevaluate things. How can I dedicate myself to a team that employs a flaming moron.

Decimation

Reaction score
I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. We should have our second ring. This is ridiculous!