The fear of the next six weeks! Anyone confident?

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Based on the last few weeks..and today. I think we win one, maybe two games max. Leaves us in the potential wildcard sneak in.

Are you feeling confident, that this team can progress?
I don't have the schedule memorized. I think we play SF 2x though, and maybe Dallas. The Lambs always give us fits, even when they suck. 2-4 seems pessimistic. I can see 3-3.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't have the schedule memorized. I think we play SF 2x though, and maybe Dallas. The Lambs always give us fits, even when they suck. 2-4 seems pessimistic. I can see 3-3.

Don't forget the Eagles.

If Geno and the offense can get on script and play at a high level? We can get through these next five weeks around .500. If not? Then yikes man, we're back to fighting for our playoff lives.

The good news is the NFC is putrid this year, only six teams even have a winning record.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Doesn't inject a lot of confidence that you're one of two teams in the entire league with a winning record and negative point differential.

F 0wURGW0AEgXk1formatjpgnamesmall

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Fear is a good emotion; fear triggers our fight or flight complex; our heart rate increases and we have a reduced perception of pain.
All you have to do is look around .Net and you’ll notice, there are a few with the fight complex and believe we can win against the best of the best. Unfortunately, there are many more that are stuck to their flight complex…
5-1.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We're going to take our lumps, for sure. But I think we come out of it with a playoff berth. This is a Carroll team. They'll remain competitive, and they're not going to lose every game that they should.

This isn't a championship team, but they'll get through "the gauntlet" and remain alive. They came out of an easy stretch 5-2 after beating one of the better teams in the NFL in the Browns, and that's an insane defense.

Baltimore wasn't a FLUKE, but it was flukey. Baltimore stacked too many wins on top of each other, and any game can get out of hand quickly when any given team gets every phase clicking. They're not going to get pantsed like that again.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The point differential is a big thing. I think that's why the loss of confidence and negativity, at least for me anyway. 2nd half Sunday was pretty much peak Geno, and we had to squeak out a fg at the last second to win it. We're never going to blow out any team when our qb averages 1-2tds and 200ish yds per game. His best game is what, 3 tds and 300 something yds? Yes I know, I know, a win is a win, a one point win counts the same as a blowout, yada yada yada, but this offense is often putrid for an entire half, and that does not inspire confidence over the next six weeks given the quality of teams we're going to face. I hope they prove me wrong, but until then, we're stuck in Pete's Purgatory.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
I look atbit this way. If we win next week we are 7-3 going into the teeth of the schedule.

That means wed have to finish 3-4 over the stretch to secure at least a wildcard.

Can we beat the Titans, Steelers and Cardinals? I think so.

Can we pull another W between Dallas, Philly and the 9ers? Sure.

1 win against the heavyweights and 3 against the straglers. Thats whats needed to finish with 11 wins if we beat the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points ^
And it was discussed before. Stack up wins while you can before the crap sammich part of the schedule. IF they win on Sunday, 7-3 absolutely qualifies as getting that accomplished.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I look atbit this way. If we win next week we are 7-3 going into the teeth of the schedule.

That means wed have to finish 3-4 over the stretch to secure at least a wildcard.

Can we beat the Titans, Steelers and Cardinals? I think so.

Can we pull another W between Dallas, Philly and the 9ers? Sure.

1 win against the heavyweights and 3 against the straglers. Thats whats needed to finish with 11 wins if we beat the Rams.

And if Seattle goes on a win streak through that schedule, then there is no question about this team.

Not likely I know, but nice to contemplate that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hope. Even if Pitt and a few others will tell you that the Hawks have no shot and the rest of us are stupid for having any hope.