Bevell: "had the look we wanted" on the first 2pt conversion

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":qu15qwud said:
Sports Hernia":qu15qwud said:
Scottemojo":qu15qwud said:
Siouxhawk":qu15qwud said:
You guys are too much. The entire back corner of the end zone was open for Kearse. He just didn't react very well once the ball was in the air, but we should have had 2 on that play.
Oh, the lulz. In your zeal to blame the player you never saw him get held.
He wasn't trying to blame the player as much as deflect the blame from Bevell.
For a mod, you seem to attack the poster instead of discussing the post way too much.
:roll:
Since you felt you were "attacked" I edited the post, better?
The point still remains however.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete talked about both conversion attempts, he said both times there was the opportunity to convert, but the execution was poor.

So how is this Bevell's fault.

Russell had arguably his worst game in like 2 years on Sunday, and on both conversion attempts I saw some poor decision making, and on the first one he could have easily thrown it to Kearse or let Graham go up and get it, but threw a bad ball.

gcolby

Reaction score
Laloosh":1qvznzej said:
MontanaHawk05":1qvznzej said:
I might be wrong, though, so does anyone have the all-22 breakdown of the first 2-point conversion attempt?

Looked to me like Kearse was held...

xAfJZHM.gif

Call me crazy but the look I would want is Graham running the drag route instead of Lockett for the easy jump ball.

IMHO This epitomizes mis-using your personnel

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Looks like once Kearse was held he lost his focus and started making the "throw the flag" gesture. I really hate using the refs as an excuse but the more of these replays I see the more I realize how jobbed we got last Sunday night.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
The back corner was unguarded maybe because Az knew from their initial read it wasn't going there. Play graham soft it's not going there. Play lynch wide out, he's not going up the middle.

Guard extra hard Kearse because that's who we go to.

The question is if lynch ran it twice and got stuffed twice, would you feel better about it than now? I would if jimmy was in the corner.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
bad players and bad teams complain about holding when they do not get the job done

good players on good teams get the job done regardless of the situation

why would you throw it to your 6'7" TE with 1/1 coverage when you can throw a fade route to an undrafted WR

the Seahawks are rapidly losing confidence

lukerguy

Reaction score
I played Div 1 HS football at QB; There are about a thousand things RW can do that I cannot do, but identifying Jimmy Graham on an ISO route against a shorter CB on a speed out.........I'd hit that 8/10 times.

I'm not sure what happened on the left side, it seems Baldwin and Kearse were in a similar area, which is never what you want. I definitely would have looked to throw Jimmy with anticipation on the out.. He had one step and inside body position-- easy.

gcolby

Reaction score
lukerguy":1os3e92s said:
I played Div 1 HS football at QB; There are about a thousand things RW can do that I cannot do, but identifying Jimmy Graham on an ISO route against a shorter CB on a speed out.........I'd hit that 8/10 times.

I'm not sure what happened on the left side, it seems Baldwin and Kearse were in a similar area, which is never what you want. I definitely would have looked to throw Jimmy with anticipation on the out.. He had one step and inside body position-- easy.

Agree 100%

mikeak

Reaction score
Having the right look doesn't mean that RW threw to the right guy

As noted by many Graham should have gotten the ball. If we didn't have faith in him catching the ball he shouldn't have been on the field. Despite the drops you have to have faith in your $8M TE

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2btwx3ks said:
Pete talked about both conversion attempts, he said both times there was the opportunity to convert, but the execution was poor.

Russell had arguably his worst game in like 2 years on Sunday, and on both conversion attempts I saw some poor decision making, and on the first one he could have easily thrown it to Kearse or let Graham go up and get it, but threw a bad ball.

The problem I have with this is PC and pretty much everyone always covers for Bevell. Its never his fault when all else fails they say execution. I do not by it, FYI Baldwin was suppose to go to were the ball was, instead he got turned around

Uncle Si

Reaction score
gcolby":3kndclqf said:
Laloosh":3kndclqf said:
MontanaHawk05":3kndclqf said:
I might be wrong, though, so does anyone have the all-22 breakdown of the first 2-point conversion attempt?

Looked to me like Kearse was held...

Call me crazy but the look I would want is Graham running the drag route instead of Lockett for the easy jump ball.

IMHO This epitomizes mis-using your personnel

But holy crap is Graham open after he makes that cut to the outside.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anthony!":2g93pbut said:
Sgt. Largent":2g93pbut said:

The problem I have with this is PC and pretty much everyone always covers for Bevell. Its never his fault when all else fails they say execution. I do not by it, FYI Baldwin was suppose to go to were the ball was, instead he got turned around

Sometimes yes, and Pete should do that.

But he's been as critical of Russ, the D, O-line etc, as he's ever been. He subtly says things like "could have done better on that."..........or "we have to be better."

If you watch both conversions, not sure how you'd have a problem with either scheme wise. Russell could have converted both.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Didn't Bevell say Russ went down to the 3rd target on the called progression? If you're upset with who was actually given the opp, I don't think that goes on the playcall.

Nevertheless, you can wring your hands all you want, but there are good options all over the field on this play. The ball is literally thrown to the one place where no one can make a play on it or reasonably draw a foul.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Kearse broke one way the ball went a different way, he was open when the ball arrived it just didn't get thrown where he ran the route. Don't know if that is on Wilson or Kearse.

IMO though in any and all short yardage situations if your not going to give it to Lynch you at least have to run play action.

Edit: after looking at it a couple more times I think the throw was meant for Baldwin. Either way Jimmy Freakin Graham was singled on the other side

lukerguy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3a8vmqei said:
Didn't Bevell say Russ went down to the 3rd target on the called progression? If you're upset with who was actually given the opp, I don't think that goes on the playcall.

Nevertheless, you can wring your hands all you want, but there are good options all over the field on this play. The ball is literally thrown to the one place where no one can make a play on it or reasonably draw a foul.

The ball was thrown within 1 second of the snap, you can't make three progressions in 1 s.. It's hard enough for elite QBs to make 3 reads in 3 seconds.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1k4dljh2 said:
Anthony!":1k4dljh2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1k4dljh2 said:

Sometimes yes, and Pete should do that.

But he's been as critical of Russ, the D, O-line etc, as he's ever been. He subtly says things like "could have done better on that."..........or "we have to be better."

If you watch both conversions, not sure how you'd have a problem with either scheme wise. Russell could have converted both.

I am not debating any of that, except the fact that Bevell has never taken responsibility for anything and I believe that is weighing on the offense and the players. also PC has never been critical of Bevell at all. That is my point. We may never know the truth behind the plays, was it Wilson, l the Wr, the play. But to have 2 players so close together is a bad call. But again no admission form Bevel he did great it was execution. To me execution now means Bevell messed up but we will not admit that

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
What a moronic thing to say... We had the right look. Now I know why these stupid play calls come up game after game. It's because this guy actually thinks they are good play calls. ...

Anthony!

Reaction score
lukerguy":2855n8rm said:
DavidSeven":2855n8rm said:

The ball was thrown within 1 second of the snap, you can't make three progressions in 1 s.. It's hard enough for elite QBs to make 3 reads in 3 seconds.

Agreed which is why I think one of the Wr ran the wrong route. Either Kearse was to busy complaining to run his route or Baldwin got turned around. It was pretty much a timing route you throw to a spot were your Wr should be, ours was not there.