Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Spy gate cost Belicheck $500k and the team was fined $250k AND their first round pick. That was the max at the time they could do.

This is the second offense. This must be more severe penalty for the coach and the organization. And Brady must have known also because he was the beneficiary. You can't tell me the QB doesn't notice an under inflated ball??? And the center???? Come on man.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Not sure how any football fan on the fence is gonna root for the Patriots now in the Super Bowl. People will be cheering even more now for the Hawks to crush the cheaters

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3hnbmh39 said:
The_Z_Man":3hnbmh39 said:
Seahawk fans should chill on this.

Because you know the NFL is coming after us next... They want parody, and the Patriots have messed up their parody scheme and now the Seahawks are threatening it.

It's like Sherman says -- every time a Seahawk has a good game, they test for PED's...

I bet tons of teams mess with the game balls to give them an advantage, but the Patriots are under way more scrutiny, just as Seattle has been.

Life Lesson:

Don't get involved in witch hunts because sooner or later they'll be at YOUR door with the pitchforks and the bonfire.

I will take you serious when you learn how to spell. Don't use a $5 word like PARITY unless you can at least spell it properly. 'Parody' is a form of comedy, although it does fit what you are telling Seahawk fans to do. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm predicting nobody will be suspended for the Super Bowl except for the poor junior equipment manager who will get canned for "going rogue." There will be a fine and a draft pick taken away down the road. Pre Super Bowl, we'll have delightful fun as we spend the next 11 days listening to the Pats getting grilled about the condition of their balls.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2cjyeta0 said:
we'll have delightful fun as we spend the next 11 days listening to the Pats getting grilled about the condition of their balls.

And Marshawn will be left alone on Media Day like he wants because people won't care about the condition of his.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Wow. Did I miss the official release about the same. I suppose that 12psi or so would probably be an omission or perhaps possible temperature change, but if it was 2psi, if the balls were 10.5 psi versus the minimum range of 12.5 psi, that seems like a lot to me. Not to defend them, but i could imagine some employee doing something stupid like this but how could the players, brady, not notice??

Cyrus12

Reaction score
lets not kid ourselves...this is goin to be swept right under the carpet and not spoken of in a couple days...they will blame the weather. cannot afford any controversy with one of americas teams. nothing is going to happen...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":28u75fke said:
lets not kid ourselves...this is goin to be swept right under the carpet and not spoken of in a couple days...they will blame the weather. cannot afford any controversy with one of americas teams. nothing is going to happen...

I suspect this is right but some have suggested the league must do something to diffuse it very quickly. On the upside, this will be "the story"....unlike sherman, being the story last year.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Maybe it's my British sense of fair play but if I was a Colts fan I would be apoplectic. There will always be a doubt as to what could have happened if the playing field had been level. IMHO the only way to remove this doubt is to replay the game. This clearly will not happen. If I were in charge the Pats would be out and the Colts would be heading to the SB.

Doing anything after the Superbowl is like manipulating cap space so that you have a window to succeed and then you pay for it later.

I'm baffled that so many don't seem to have a problem with any of this.

In Soccer teams have played players that shouldnt have played due to administration issues and the whole team has been kicked out. Recently a Polish team played a player for a few minutes at the end of the game (he didnt even touch the ball) and yet they were kicked out as he shouldnt have played. The rules are quite clear at the start of the competition.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":35uox8b4 said:

id be inclined to support this notion if it was week 8. but its the off week leading up to the Super Bowl. this is the only thing going on and will continue to dominate the headlines up until the teams set off for Arizona.

that said, my biased opinion is I dont care about the deflated balls. however, it would seem a planned tactic and the Patriots should be fined. maybe draft picks.

nothing else though. while a pitcher is ultimately responsible for doctoring a baseball and thus held responsible, there are too many levels of intrusion between the coach/QB and the deflation of the balls to make a solid line and punish one/both of them with suspension.

coach fine for it being his responsibility. team fine. move on

homerun1970

Reaction score
Uncle Si wouldn't you say that at the very least Brady, Blount, the receivers, and center had to know they were under inflated. The balls werent under inflated because some ball boy with a astute sense of how it could impact the game decided to. If Brady didn't like underinflated balls I would say this wouldn't have happened. They knew and did it to gain whatever competitive advantage they could. I read an article were Kraft asked Bill what advantage he gained from spygate on a scale of 1-100 was gained. Bill answered 1 and Kraft called him an idiot. If he is willing to take that short cut for what was a perceived one percent advantage he will gladly do this.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2q6vi8p8 said:
A lifelong Pats fan here.. if this is true, fine Belichick $1M and ban him from SB. Absent that, and if it's true, I can't root for them in SB with a clear conscience, not to mention my anger with Belichick's and Brady's response yesterday/today. To cheat against the Colts.. a team you've owned. That would be the lowest of lows.

It's super weird for a Colts fan to post undercover pretending to be a Pats fan like this. On a Seahawks board, no less. Super weird.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20zuomd2 said:
Cyrus12":20zuomd2 said:

id be inclined to support this notion if it was week 8. but its the off week leading up to the Super Bowl. this is the only thing going on and will continue to dominate the headlines up until the teams set off for Arizona.

that said, my biased opinion is I dont care about the deflated balls. however, it would seem a planned tactic and the Patriots should be fined. maybe draft picks.

nothing else though. while a pitcher is ultimately responsible for doctoring a baseball and thus held responsible, there are too many levels of intrusion between the coach/QB and the deflation of the balls to make a solid line and punish one/both of them with suspension.

coach fine for it being his responsibility. team fine. move on

By that same logic, Sean Payton should not have been suspended for the 2012 season. After all, there was little to no evidence showing that Payton orchestrated the alleged bounty program. The league merely drew that connection based on the circumstantial evidence that Payton was the head coach and therefore responsible for the actions of the football team as a whole.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":thqw2zsz said:
HawKnPeppa":thqw2zsz said:
The_Z_Man":thqw2zsz said:
Seahawk fans should chill on this.

Because you know the NFL is coming after us next... They want parody, and the Patriots have messed up their parody scheme and now the Seahawks are threatening it.

It's like Sherman says -- every time a Seahawk has a good game, they test for PED's...

I bet tons of teams mess with the game balls to give them an advantage, but the Patriots are under way more scrutiny, just as Seattle has been.

Life Lesson:

Don't get involved in witch hunts because sooner or later they'll be at YOUR door with the pitchforks and the bonfire.

I will take you serious when you learn how to spell. Don't use a $5 word like PARITY unless you can at least spell it properly. 'Parody' is a form of comedy, although it does fit what you are telling Seahawk fans to do. :roll:

I'll take you seriously when you learn how to behave like an adult instead of a deranged spoiled child.

I've not slept one wink in over 48 hours - I can barely even see the effing computer screen at this point and I could give a rats ass if you want to correct a misplaced word. Why don't you call 911 over it?

I'm sick of the incessant mass hysteria that's plagued damn near the entire NFL season and now the playoffs as well. It's Rice, it's Peterson, then it's a bad call with the Lions, then it's Dez Bryant, now the Packers "shouldn't have lost" which is quickly overshadowed by the Patriots are not putting enough air in footballs.

This crap has been going on in the NFL for damn near a hundred years - but suddenly it's something to freak out about?

If Vince Lombardi were alive today - you all would hate his guts, and demand that he be "banned for life" for effing up the field prior to the Ice Bowl.

The issue here is social media and the inability of the population to handle it. The technology has outclassed the intellect.

You're fully of hypurbuly, oh wait, I'm sorry, hyperbole. Gotta be careful on those words, lest I be BANNED from posting.

Maxresdefault

Status
Not open for further replies.