Bears at Rams preview CBS Sports

SuperMan28

Reaction score
The only bright side is the Rams will be two games back of the NFCW, with a 3-0 division record, if the Hawks can win tonight.

Not many positives to take away from today, though. Their best players healthy, for the most part, is probably the best. It was an outright implosion today. Will it continue or will the Rams pull one out of the hat? History over the last 10 plus years says what everyone is thinking, but I'll hang on til' it's over. A SEA loss tonight would end STL's year if it's not already. Sad.

Just win tonight, SEA.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2ny910n5 said:
The only bright side is the Rams will be two games back of the NFCW, with a 3-0 division record, if the Hawks can win tonight.

Not many positives to take away from today, though. Their best players healthy, for the most part, is probably the best. It was an outright implosion today. Will it continue or will the Rams pull one out of the hat? History over the last 10 plus years says what everyone is thinking, but I'll hang on til' it's over. A SEA loss tonight would end STL's year if it's not already. Sad.

Just win tonight, SEA.

The only one who ended the Rams season today was: the RAMS. Jeff Fisher to be more specific.

The team we fielded today does not deserve the play-offs. At all. I will, of course, remain hopeful they can get it together and will be optimistic until math prohibits it. But there just simply is no excuse today except for coaching and anything else is delusion.

Our team is full of amazing talent. Our team should be fun to watch and winning. The issue is not the players.

eta: And I do agree that it's sad.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":3kpit2qy said:
SuperMan28":3kpit2qy said:

Just win tonight, SEA.

The only one who ended the Rams season today was: the RAMS. Jeff Fisher to be more specific.

The team we fielded today does not deserve the play-offs. At all. I will, of course, remain hopeful they can get it together and will be optimistic until math prohibits it. But there just simply is no excuse today except for coaching and anything else is delusion.

Our team is full of amazing talent. Our team should be fun to watch and winning. The issue is not the players.

Arizona is asserting themselves tonight. Not shocking at all for me, but we are all but done. I'll look forward to next year, as always. Looks like SEA will be joining our woes soon. They'll be dropping below us in the standings. Only ARZ has will have a winning record in our division and that's shocking looking at the past four seasons.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":xw8yyvot said:
RedAlice":xw8yyvot said:
SuperMan28":xw8yyvot said:

Just win tonight, SEA.

Arizona is asserting themselves tonight. Not shocking at all for me, but we are all but done. I'll look forward to next year, as always. Looks like SEA will be joining our woes soon. They'll be dropping below us in the standings. Only ARZ has will have a winning record in our division and that's shocking looking at the past four seasons.

Ok, now you are just too sad. I'm very realistic - but, there are still some good games to be had this year. Our team is still good even if it's badly coached.

Take a minute and actually remember 2011. It's not as bad as that!

Fisher will be gone and someone will coach these players.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I'm not even sure what you are talking about now. Sure there will be good games, but they won't have Playoff implications on our part. Three games out with 7 to go and going against some really tough teams.

Sounds like you're happy regardless of the fact we won't be going to the Playoffs... again. We haven't had a winning season in over a decade. So what are you happy about? The only thing I'm happy about is Tavon, Gurley, Donald, and Quinn are healthy... and more on that front. Lost three lineman today, Brown out for the year. That's not something to be happy about.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but Fisher will at least serve out his contract, 1 year left. He's tight with Stan and his credentials on the whole relocation thing is rare. I say he has a better chance of receiving an extension. I actually like Fisher, Foles is the one missing reads and throws. Then the drops. Rams need an overhaul in the passing game. I don't even know what all that intails. So much to correct. *sigh

I'm sorry I'm not happy that our Playoff chances have likely dropped to the single digits. I'm not.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Then you obviously are incapable of remembering when things were truely horrible.

Yes: we are not going to win the SB this year.

I wanted to see them go to the play-offs this year, but I expected a one and loss or a second loss at most. I'm not feeling emotionally devastated today: sorry.

Rams are in good shape. Just need to determine location and some coaching changes.

Today proved that Fisher is not the guy, of if he is: he better earn it the rest of the season. For some reason, I feel relief in this. Not sadness.

eta: I don't have a bubble to burst. I am well aware of Fisher's contract and the opinion internally of him. My personal opinion is that if the team stays in StL, then this is good enough. If they move to LA, changes will be made by Kroenke as he will want a winning team there.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":htbbabxq said:
I'm not even sure what you are talking about now. Sure there will be good games, but they won't have Playoff implications on our part. Three games out with 7 to go and going against some really tough teams.

Sounds like you're happy regardless of the fact we won't be going to the Playoffs... again. We haven't had a winning season in over a decade. So what are you happy about? The only thing I'm happy about is Tavon, Gurley, Donald, and Quinn are healthy... and more on that front. Lost three lineman today, Brown out for the year. That's not something to be happy about.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but Fisher will at least serve out his contract, 1 year left. He's tight with Stan and his credentials on the whole relocation thing is rare. I say he has a better chance of receiving an extension. I actually like Fisher, Foles is the one missing reads and throws. Then the drops. Rams need an overhaul in the passing game. I don't even know what all that intails. So much to correct. *sigh

I'm sorry I'm not happy that our Playoff chances have likely dropped to the single digits. I'm not.

Heresay from a Rams board, one of the dozen. It's obvious that Fisher is not on the hot seat regardless of today unless Kroenke felt upset as he watched the game there in person. Where he also saw the stadium filled with Bears fans.

1. Saffold will be back next year with Rams
2. Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.
3. Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.
4. Britt lost a step since Tennessee days. Except Britt, all other WRs run great routes only a % of time.
5. According to this scout, management, coaches, front office are all in agreement Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.
6. Per the scout, 9ers will stink for the next 3-4 years. Called cardinals mostly a phony. He respects Seahawks.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":4q10o75f said:
Then you obviously are incapable of remembering when things were truely horrible.

Yes: we are not going to win the SB this year.

I wanted to see them go to the play-offs this year, but I expected a one and loss or a second loss at most. I'm not feeling emotionally devastated today: sorry.

Rams are in good shape. Just need to determine location and some coaching changes.

Today proved that Fisher is not the guy, of if he is: he better damn well earn it the rest of the season. For some reason, I feel relief in this. Not sadness.

eta: I don't have a bubble to burst. I am well aware of Fisher's contract and the opinion internally of him. My personal opinion is that if the team stays in StL, then this is good enough. If they move to LA, changes will be made by Kroenke as he will want a winning team there.

Will be interesting to see how LA would handle the perineal mess that is the Rams. No idea whether they stay or not. It could go either way. But I'm not going there.

The biggest disappointment for me this year has been Foles. IDK if he can improve, but I know he hasn't been able to read the field or throw consistently throw accurate passes for weeks now, since ARZ. IDK what his problem is or if it's fixable. Complete enigma.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Re: Foles. He is not the answer. I would support putting in Keenum or even spending the entire rest of the season developing Mannion.

I'm happy it's not B, and also happy B is finding his way in Philly. It just didn't work.

I don't blame this O on the QB as there just seems to be something wrong overall in our Offense. Givens had a long TD pass from Flacco today. He coulda had that here.

Foles is sub-par, but he is not the only problem, that's too simplistic. The play-calling, the entire planning on Offense just feels second to the design of the team which is about the D. It's not working. Foles may be more of a victim than a reason.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":3elnuwua said:
Re: Foles. He is not the answer. I would support putting in Keenum or even spending the entire rest of the season developing Mannion.

I'm happy it's not B, and also happy B is finding his way in Philly. It just didn't work.

I don't blame this O on the QB as there just seems to be something wrong overall in our Offense. Givens had a long TD pass from Flacco today. He coulda had that here.

Foles is sub-par, but he is not the only problem, that's too simplistic. The play-calling, the entire planning on Offense just feels second to the design of the team which is about the D. It's not working. Foles may be more of a victim than a reason.

Foles is missing reads, though, and throwing inaccurately far too often. His protection is pretty bad for the most part. GRob is playing awful. It truly is multiple things. Foles is definately our QB for this year, though.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@superman128: Foles is definately our QB for this year, though.

This is my exact point re: FISHER.

It's like Bradford QB Hell Deja Vu: you will accept this medicine and you will LIKE IT and I say so because I am Jeff Fisher and I know how to win. End.

--

Rams' Fisher sticking by Foles despite another listless performance

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/st-l ... ack-111515

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":2lab2a1f said:
@superman128: Foles is definately our QB for this year, though.

This is my exact point re: FISHER.

It's like Bradford QB Hell Deja Vu: you will accept this medicine and you will LIKE IT and I say so because I am Jeff Fisher and I know how to win. End.

--

Rams' Fisher sticking by Foles despite another listless performance

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/st-l ... ack-111515

Yeah, that's Fisher alright lol. That's his mentality with the running game too. Those first runs up the gut with a stacked front seven get painful to watch. Then it's followed by some inept, predictable, pass. Not good.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Holy smokes...

SEA D has scored almost as much as the SEA O. WHOO!! Big for us! May get to be happy after all?

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":5fwf8b0z said:
Holy smokes...

SEA D has scored almost as much as the SEA O. WHOO!! Big for us! May get to be happy after all?

Why do you think it benefits the Rams if the Hawks win?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RedAlice":3svkouh1 said:
SuperMan28":3svkouh1 said:
Holy smokes...

Yep I'm done with Fisher after this. But I'm sure we'll somehow go into Cincy and win....that's what we do. So frustrating.

With Seattle's loss, we are in the wildcard hunt. Two games out, with both GB and ATL not playing well, at all. If GB loses at Minny (likely), and we somehow beat the terrible Ravens, we're 1 game out (although they do own the tiebreaker). At this point we better win 8 games....at least give us that for the first time since 2006. And fix this passing offense in the offseason.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1f5x53cl said:
RedAlice":1f5x53cl said:
SuperMan28":1f5x53cl said:
Holy smokes...

Yep I'm done with Fisher after this. But I'm sure we'll somehow go into Cincy and win....that's what we do. So frustrating.

With Seattle's loss, we are in the wildcard hunt. Two games out, with both GB and ATL not playing well, at all. If GB loses at Minny (likely), and we somehow beat the terrible Ravens, we're 1 game out (although they do own the tiebreaker). At this point we better win 8 games....at least give us that for the first time since 2006. And fix this passing offense in the offseason.

9-7 gives us an outside shot at a wildcard spot. I will not give up until it's over.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":3crntc3m said:
:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: For my favorite poster EVAR... Rex. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

:179417: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :th2thumbs:

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":23dsknb0 said:
SuperMan28":23dsknb0 said:
Holy smokes...

I thought it was obvious, but all for not now.

Had SEA won the Rams would have remained two games behind ARZ. Now the Rams and Hawks are both three games out. ARZ slammed the door on the NFCW yesterday, I believe.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1olc0yro said:
That was a stupid play call, but the whole game was stupid play calling except for the first drive.

I'm not even mad at this loss - just more convinced than ever that Fisher is not a good coach beyond the few things he knows how to do. He absolutely cannot coach offense and won't even hire someone who is capable of it.

So much talent on this team that is not going to be used.

Today felt kinda like 2011, except worse because back then we didn't have the raw ability we do right now.

I'm most discouraged with Foles. He was beyond terrible. Not a single completion past 10 yards. Guys wide open not thrown to. Nowhere near the accuracy needed for a WR to catch the pass. No touch at all on lob passes. Stares down his WR letting the defense close fast on the WR for repeated at most 2 yard gains. This is the guy that threw for 7 TDs in one game? What a nightmare signing this guy. :pukeface:

Cignetti is learning. His playcalling can't overcome stupid penalties, dummies under center, fumbling, and a bizarre inability to make 3rd downs. :34853_doh: What I do indict Cignetti on is his inability to make halftime adjustments. He is what he is....a rookie at OC.

It all falls on Fisher.....and should.