Baldy breaks down the Bucs running attack

Polk738

Reaction score
This was depressing to watch but insightful at the same time, watching this film I wish I knew if Barton and Brooks are covering the right gaps-it doesn't look like it or they are very slow to react, Diggs on that play action...good lord that is bad,....1:21..Bruce...jesus what is he doing? It looks like he's suppose to be setting the edge but somehow winds up in the middle of the pile, Diggs getting trucked is just icing on the cake. 1:59 I don't even know what Barton is trying to do on this play, Bruce is in pursuit on the back side of the play, yet Barton still goes to that side and gets blocked by the tackle, total loss of gap integrity.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Go to the 1:50 mark and watch their RG #69 perform a textbook hold right at the point of attack. You can't get any more egregious than that.

On the bright side, Barton is always good for a laugh. That dude has negative awareness

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
On the bright side, Barton is always good for a laugh. That dude has negative awareness

I'd be laughing more if he was on the bench and there was a better replacement

Mase

Reaction score
-- I suggested it months ago, but I think the Bucs were the first to commit to it. Stay in two wides as much as possible, forcing Barton on to the field. Barton on and Bryant off is already a win for the offence. The interception came because Brady just assumed Barton would be in wrong place. I think physically Barton is good enough, but I don't recall a linebacker with worse instincts. You hope those develop with more snaps, but I am not seeingit. Painful to watch.

Mase

olyfan63

Reaction score
-- I suggested it months ago, but I think the Bucs were the first to commit to it. Stay in two wides as much as possible, forcing Barton on to the field. Barton on and Bryant off is already a win for the offence. The interception came because Brady just assumed Barton would be in wrong place. I think physically Barton is good enough, but I don't recall a linebacker with worse instincts. You hope those develop with more snaps, but I am not seeingit. Painful to watch.

Mase
Great take... "Brady just assumed Barton would be in wrong place"
I like it! At least Barton can tell his grandkids someday about picking off the GOAT.
And I wouldn't be surprised if Brady did in fact assume that based on film study.