Baldwin's Penalty

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Goddam y'all some turncoats . Stupid selfish penalty? Sure. Cut him? Be done with him? Silly.

And wtf did Kearse do? I don't get it. Y'all mad just to be mad. Shitty loss, but c'mon.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Was baffled during the game on why a penalty, but the video clarifies it.
Really, Dougie??!! Intentionally hurt your team with the game in the balance?
Stupid, selfish Baldwin.

Baldwin should publicly apologize to Seahawk Nation for that self-indulgence.
Be smart like fellow Stanford guy Sherman and do your message-sending AFTER the game has been decided.
In that moment you were an embarrassment not just to Seattle, but to Stanford grads everywhere.

TwilightError

Reaction score
There also have been a couple of reports of Baldwin treating the fans badly. He is angry- doug, so all has been thought as part of that but his actions after NFC title game and this moment have been more like insecure-little-in-male-organ-department-doug. I hope he gets it right soon, cause he is a good receiver.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Hope he really does learn a lesson from this, because that does not represent my team, my city, or me. Grow up Doug, you are a good receiver, 99.9% of the world would be happy with that. The Angry act is tired, and played out. The respect I had for him is gone in one stupid selfish act.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Question I'd like someone to ask Baldwin:

"Doug, I noticed that you didn't wipe yourself after you took a crap in my living room. Did you just forget to wipe yourself, or do you normally not wipe yourself?"

"Doug, what did you say to Kearse right before you took a dump? Was it: "Oh, crap! I almost forgot to go crap in the faces of all the 12's worldwide -- hold on, Jermaine!"

"Doug, in your book, is it a'aight to have 1 catch for 3 yards and a TD in the biggest game of the year?"

"Doug, when you crapped on TV, were you sending a messing that your level of play in Super Bowl 49 was 'crappy'? Or did you have another message message in mind?"

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3movlhpp said:
bbsplitter":3movlhpp said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

Bruce defended his teammate...Doug did this to draw attention to himself..Irvin's act was a lot different imo..
:13:

ExpatPack

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":o9s5rtd3 said:
Cyrus12":o9s5rtd3 said:
bbsplitter":o9s5rtd3 said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

Bruce defended his teammate...Doug did this to draw attention to himself..Irvin's act was a lot different imo..
:13:

Irvin defending his teammate? It was Bennett who started it by going after Gronkowski. Gronkowski came back at him and they separated,and then Irvin wants to get into the action by throwing a sucker punch. The two were already separated. That's not defending his teammate. It was Irvin being punk, and because of that he made his team look like sore losers at the end.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight, just a neutral commenter. What he did was one of the worst things I've seen on a football field, and definitely put his team at risk and very well did hurt them in the sense that maybe the next Hawks drive would have started at the 30 or 40 or 50 instead of the 20. I'm not sure if Kearse knew what he was getting into as the helper, so maybe he gets a pass.

You guys have laid the wood as far as criticism goes, the same as we would have at Patsfans.com if one of our guys had done this. I think this is kind of a big moment for the Hawks in terms of how they discipline him. Belichick and Kraft would have cut him already, I can tell you that. If they do nothing, then it's letting the inmates run the asylum. He needs to be made an example of by the Seahawks, not the league.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":6zytvgaz said:
It didn't have an effect ultimately,

[youtube]Cr5IGBhaUJA[/youtube]

That's not true, as the Seahawks had to kick the ball from 15 Yards deeper, giving the Patriots fantastic field position, unnecessarily tightening the screws on our Defense, and subjecting them to even more physical injury.
I hope Pete reamed him a new ass for doing such a childish act.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":1cre30yc said:
Should have been cut the minute the game ended, what an embarrassment to your organization. To do that and you know it was premeditated in the Super Bowl was just disgusting. He is the Ultimate loser. He was know for being angry Doug, a hard working undrafted kid who it pretty good. Now he will forever be known as "Defecation Celebration' dude.

Overreact much?

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
I missed it the first time. After seeing it in full, it's not even as bad as I thought. Should he have done it? No Should Pete have talked to him about it? Yeah

The people who think it's a huge scar to the org and that he should be cut need to get a grip.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ensett":mme4bvw4 said:
People are being way too sensitive about this. It is a complete non-issue. Yeah it was a penalty but big whoop, that's because the NFL has major issues and will throw a flag if you sneeze in the wrong direction lol
Bullshit, it was a classless, immature act, that one would maybe expect from a 9 year old kid, He had to have known that no good was going to come for doing it.
I've always liked the guy for his competitive spirit, but this?, this just showed me a chicken-shit side of him that I didn't know was there.
Lost a lot of admiration and respect.

253hawk

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. Y'all need to lighten up. Back in the Tagliabue era this wouldn't even be a thing.

It didn't even affect anything because NE boomed the ensuing punt into the end zone for a touchback.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/563032601813086209[/tweet]

chawkjones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ppopmkn said:
ivotuk":3ppopmkn said:
Pathetic display of selfishness. That penalty put the Patriots at the 37 yard line. It flipped the field. What an ass.

To be fair, this had zero effect on the game, as the Patriots ended up punting into the end zone on that drive. But it could have had an effect, and for that reason he did not "protect the team."

Please explain to me how kicking off 15 yards further back has no effect on the game? I have to say giving a top tier QB like Tom Brady a shorter field to play on is not a advantage to any team.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I don't mind Balwin and could care less what he says in media or how he or we are perceived. However, as others have said, he embarrassed himself by reverting to grade school humor.

In time, he may look back regret he did that in front of millions of people. That's his problem to deal with not mine or anyone else.

If we find better WR's who out play him then fine cut him. But pretending to do his business in the end zone is certainly no reason to get rid of him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was a silly somewhat immature move and was intended to be directed to his detractors who are apparently full of whatever he was trying to lay down on the field.

He won't do something like that again.

shawnsim

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27j6s4ty said:
ensett":27j6s4ty said:
People are being way too sensitive about this. It is a complete non-issue. Yeah it was a penalty but big whoop, that's because the NFL has major issues and will throw a flag if you sneeze in the wrong direction lol
Bullshit, it was a classless, immature act, that one would maybe expect from a 9 year old kid, He had to have known that no good was going to come for doing it.
I've always liked the guy for his competitive spirit, but this?, this just showed me a chicken-shit side of him that I didn't know was there.
Lost a lot of admiration and respect.

+1

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Harbaugh takes a lot of heat for Baldwin and Sherman at Stanford, but it turns out that Baldwin is just a prick and always has been. This whole angry Doug thing is old and played. He was marginal at Stanford and he is a marginal player for the Seahawks. I see why he was undrafted, not because he wasnt a hard worker, its because of character issues. Those have nothing to do with head coaches. DB will always be what he is. A decent little rec, trying to be bigger than what he really is. All he has to do is look at the contract extension he signed to know what the NFL thinks of him. Exit stage left Doug, the Seahawks number one priority this offseason is upgrading your position.

Latest posts