AZ game 12/22

minormillikin

Reaction score
So what's everyone thinking about this upcoming game? I'll be in the Hawk's Nest making as much noise as possible. I considered going to the SF game the weekend afterward, but I'm a cheapskate. Plus, the last time I saw AZ @ CenturyLink, Seahawks won 58-0.

A couple things make this feel like a bit of a trap to me:

1- Everyone is talking about the playoffs and upcoming 9ers game and various tie-breaker scenarios and, I guess, assuming AZ game is win.
-Not saying that it's a fan's responsibility to "take it one game at a time," or not to look ahead. It's not. But here on the forum and on 710, it's striking how much focus there is on things beyond the AZ game and I hope (and would assume) that players/coaches aren't doing the same thing. Hopefully they don't get too caught up in various seeding scenarios and stay focused on AZ.

2- AZ is bad but not horrible. They've been blown out a couple times, but have mainly played close games in most of their losses.
-Rookie QBs can grow a lot during their rookie season. Murray isn't just some random rookie QB, either. He's got miles of potential and could have a breakout game at anytime.

Anyway, I still think the Seahawks win. An actual blowout would be great, but I predict something more like 24-13.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
In his weekly spot on NFL Radio yesterday, Pete indicated the Arizona game is the most important game of the season. No mention of the SF game. Pete will keep this from being a trap game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I hate the whole "trap game" thing...although I understand the gist.

That being said, I am sure the Seahawks will be focused. Arizona has given us fits at C Link since 2013. They beat us in our SB winning season (2013), the only team to win at C Link that season. We beat them in 2014, then lost three straight seasons to them in our house (2015-2017). We finally beat them last season, but just barely - we needed a Janikowski field goal as time expired to pull it out - and that was with Josh Rosen at QB for Arizona.

I don't know what it is about them playing at C Link, but they are always a pain in the ass. They just find a way to make the games super unnerving.

Kenyan Drake is a good back and was a smart acquisition for them. Kyler Murray has progressed nicely, Larry Fitzgerald is Larry Fitzgerald, and Christian Kirk has developed. They have Chandler Jones off the edge, and Patrick Peterson is back after missing the first game against us due to suspension. He was actually the NFC DPOW last week, so he is playing well.

Throw the records out. I expect them to play us tough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I expect a real battle from Arizona. Depends on which AZ team you see really. Sometimes they look horrible, other times they look real solid. Their D is pretty weak, so I suspect the Hawks will be able to put up a nice chunk of points on them. I expect yet another game where the Hawks pull away and let it get interesting at the end. And it WILL be good enough, though the complaints will be the same as always. And that's fine, we all look at wins our own way. I'm just enjoying how many media guys like Ryan Clark, Deion Sanders and Wiley are fighting tooth and nail to tell everyone that the Hawks are not for real because they "barely win games" :roll:
Keep telling yourself that fellas, this team is a contender, period. If any other team was "barely winning" games, they would be billing it as gutsy. Good, I love the denial. Please keep telling the Hawks what they CAN'T do.

Hawks by 7