Avril hurt

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I won't be worried unless he's not ready for training camp. These OTAs are always extra cautious. From everything I've seen and heard of Avril I really like him. He's at the camp, picking up what he can, and I expect him to be ready when he's cleared.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2jlstdyh said:
Scottemojo":2jlstdyh said:
NinerLifer":2jlstdyh said:
I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???

just you apparently.

firebee

Reaction score
Rehabilitate the injuries correctly and the players will be stronger at the start of the season.

If not.... at least they'll have a great tolerance of the injury by the time we need them to perform since they're getting the injuries early.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
The plantar fascia is actually thick connective tendon like tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot extending from the heel to the toes, it's purpose is to support the arch on the bottom side of the foot. It is also the tissue that connects muscle in the foot to the parts that move. If the injury was minor then he should be able to recover in decent time. If the injury was severe it could take him out for quite some time. The question is the degree of the injury...

lukerguy

Reaction score
NinerLifer":26zkdxm2 said:
I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

What the?

Are you still on these boards? The only comments you make are negative. I am able to have mature conversations with opposing fans all the time, but you seem like you may be between the ages of 10 and 20.

The reason i find this to be absurd because I suffered with plantar Fascitis for one month before learning that my insoles were causing tendons to stretch and as a result I experienced a lot of pain. As soon as I found some proper orthotics the problem was immediately rectified.

To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ixbpvzl said:
Happypuppy":2ixbpvzl said:
Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.

I'm quoting this because most people tend to overlook intelligent posts such as this to continue to form their opinions against the facts.

Bryant most likely will have to monitor his foot every day and take special caution not to aggravate his injury.

Miller's issue was a tear, perhaps not a serious one, which is explains why he was able to continue playing at a reasonably high level vs Atlanta. And why he's already back on the field during the workout and OTA phases and there hasn't really been any reports out questioning his status of health while many though this injury would handicap him through this off-season and possibly linger into training camp and beyond.

Avril's injury sounds like more of just a deep bruise that he has to allow to heal and should be back to form in a couple of months or in the very least ready and 100% by training camp. And people can take a deep breathe before they faint from their constant state of panic over Seahawk pass-rushers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lukerguy":3bl3jbm0 said:
To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

He isn't nearly bad as most of Niner Nation. Niner fans have been pinning their success this season on the Hawks crumbling from PED suspensions, migraines and Lynch getting suspended for 4 games. The other half of their confidence comes from Percy Harvin never having a 1000 yard season.

They have it all figured out, but Lifer is light-duty Niner.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Wow, I was just going off from what a friend of mine told me. Sorry, no link for that obviously. ;)