Authentic jersey question

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":17w1es38 said:
This is why I went the knock-off route. Yeah I know it's faulty and inaccurate but at least it was cheap! Eff Nike.
Can you post or PM a pic of your knockoff? I purchased a RW knockoff for $30 from a friend but the collar was cut too low

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":11d9glkv said:
This is why I went the knock-off route. Yeah I know it's faulty and inaccurate but at least it was cheap! Eff Nike.

When you buy an authentic at least SOME (albeit very small) goes to your team and in some way the players.

When you buy from the local pro shop, some goes to your team, your kids' schools, the roads you drive on, and heck just the people who even work in that store.

When you buy cheap knock offs from eBay, all of your money goes to some A-holes in the middle of no where.

The poor people working the sweat shops get paid the same regardless if it's a knock off or the actual Nike Factory (many times its the same factory).

I know when I buy authentics (whether or not its a gameday, limited, elite, or on-field) that they're all rip offs technically speaking, but I love my team and my city, and I am glad to overpay a little knowing at least some of it is at least going to them rather than the pockets of some random ebay jerkoff.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1hi0bfji said:
Zebulon Dak":1hi0bfji said:
Can you post or PM a pic of your knockoff? I purchased a RW knockoff for $30 from a friend but the collar was cut too low

Honestly I think the knock offs look like sh*t. I'd rather buy a $100 screen print legit jersey than a $60 sewn knock off (which I did for my grey fan jersey). They're close, but I can spot them from like 500 feet away like a bad weave. If you're worried about a lavender coloring scheme, I'm yet to see a knock off that is the same color scheme for the numbers, usually too dark, too shiny, off color, wrong color. The lettering and especially the numbers on the knock off sewns are always way smaller compared to authentics (take up about 75% of the number box where as the authentics take up about 95-105% of the number box). The venting in the knock offs are also way too large. The venting should only be viewable when actually seen in person, but not in photos.

That is my 2 cents.

But it is your money, so you are of course free to do with it as you like.

Example of close but obvious knock-off:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawk ... 51ad849e76

The rest are easy to tell from where the tack meets the flywire, compare the pics from the first page to pretty much every listing on eBay under "Seahawks elite jersey"

This one is legit though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-elite-footb ... 1e7b2f592a

^ I'd actually consider getting this, taking the Flynn jersey into the Proshop, paying them to remove the current lettering/numbering and re-do it. Could look pretty sweet with the black jersey but using the Grey or blue numbering/lettering.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
jhawk91":3llonx7s said:
Wait so is it just the customized jerseys that have the issues or the pre made ones as well?

premades should be fine. The customized should be fine from the Pro Shop, but as for nflshop. Those seems to be the one with the issues.

The stitching is different between the customized nflshop and the proshop. The customized nflshop seems to be double stitched and tighter stitching than the ones from the proshop. However, the ones from the proshop seem to have much larger numbers than the ones one nflshop (and also be closer to the actual on-field jerseys). If you're willing to pay the extra $30 for the proshop one, I would get that one. Not to mention if they screw up, their customer service is much better than nflshop. i.e. my first custom jersey (bought during 2012's preseason games). Had some kind of issues with the tack (cracking), I hung onto it through about 3/4s of the season because Elites could not be found. When they finally got more blanks back in stock, they happily made me a new one and swapped mine out with no problems whatsoever.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
gspin2k1":3fum6byd said:
-The Glove-":3fum6byd said:
Zebulon Dak":3fum6byd said:

The knock-offs look like shit. I'd rather buy a $100 screen print legit jersey than a $60 sewn knock off. They're close, but I can spot them from like 500 feet away. If you're worried about a lavender coloring scheme, I'm yet to see a knock off that is the same color scheme for the numbers, usually too dark, too shiny, off color, wrong color. The lettering and especially the numbers on the knock off sewns are always way smaller compared to authentics (take up about 75% of the number box where as the authentics take up about 95-105% of the number box). The venting in the knock offs are also way too large. The venting should only be viewable when actually seen in person, but not in photos.

That is my 2 cents.

But it is your money, so you are of course free to do with it as you like.
I have a legit Lynch home jersey that I love. I don't mind that it's not stitched or not close to game day quality. I would never pay 2 or 300 for a jersey, so if a knockoff is close and its very cheap, I might pick one up as a Saturday morning flag football jersey.

ariel9302

Reaction score
whew. glad i got my russell wilson home jersey off a vendor in korea. 25 bucks. if these 'swooshes' are glued on kudos to them for making them feel stitched lol.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
gspin2k1":16k6gnu6 said:
Zebulon Dak":16k6gnu6 said:

When you buy an authentic at least SOME (albeit very small) goes to your team and in some way the players.

When you buy from the local pro shop, some goes to your team, your kids' schools, the roads you drive on, and heck just the people who even work in that store.

When you buy cheap knock offs from eBay, all of your money goes to some A-holes in the middle of no where.

The poor people working the sweat shops get paid the same regardless if it's a knock off or the actual Nike Factory (many times its the same factory).

I know when I buy authentics (whether or not its a gameday, limited, elite, or on-field) that they're all rip offs technically speaking, but I love my team and my city, and I am glad to overpay a little knowing at least some of it is at least going to them rather than the pockets of some random ebay jerkoff.

I didn't buy my knock offs on ebay. And I own 2 legit Nike Game jerseys which I purchased at the Seahawks Pro Shop. I've purchased tons of legit merch over the years both from local retailers and directly from the Pro Shop so I don't feel a lick of guilt for buying a couple knock offs (billed as "defects") from a friend of a friend who "knows somebody at the manufacturer".

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
-The Glove-":3l5iwdrf said:
Zebulon Dak":3l5iwdrf said:

They're all kinda jacked up. I have a Home Lynch and a Wolf Grey Tate and though they're the same size they both fit totally different. The shoulder designs are INCORRECT as well as the "feathers" on the collar which are too big and there's only like 8 on each side when there should be 12. There's loose strings here and there but other than that the colors and design are close enough that nobody that isn't looking for inaccuracies knows any different. If they sold Game jerseys for $60 then I'd have totally just bought those instead but as it is they don't so I went for the deal when it was offered to me.

A

Anonymous

I've got an authentic jersey I'll sell you, and there is absolutely no question regarding it's authenticity...

Walter1
Walter3

It'll cost you double what those Elites are going for though.

DHawk

Reaction score
So I came home today, to a grinning wife who was excited and couldn't wait for me to open my fathers day gift. Its my first fathers day actually being a father so she wanted to surprise me big time. Well she did. She bought me this bad boy.

B2511a45 4ea7 4be6 9646 1747333fa729

I was undoubtedly stoked! Really great looking jersey. Well, we started talking and brought up this very post about people having issues with the Seahawks jerseys. Said its the Elite and that it better not have any issues. So we were looking at the stitching and everything. No problems there.

IMG 00000149

Fabric feels right. Looking good. Then BAM. She spotted it and screamed... well, something I can't repeat here.

IMG 00000153

They had made a mistake with the stitching and decided to remove it. Too bad its pretty visible. Especially when you look at it compared to the right side of the jersey.

IMG 00000150

All in all, she's pissed. I was thinking it was no biggy but she's worried that the rubber like material will start to separate and rip more with repeat washes. For $250, it shouldn't even be that way. She and I would like to thank those that have given people a heads up on it as this probably wouldn't have been spotted without this thread a couple weeks ago.

Sorry to necro a thread but giving out a word of caution to those that are buying the pre-made jerseys. Its not just the custom ones that are having problems.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm.

I need to get an authentic customized #12 before the season starts!

What The Hell Am I Suppose To Do!!!?

DHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2lfotoex said:
Hmmmmmmmm.

I need to get an authentic customized #12 before the season starts!

What The Hell Am I Suppose To Do!!!?

I'm not sure man. Seems like a cap shoot so far. Spoke with the NFL shop today and they are overnighting a replacement. We'll see how that one looks.