Authentic Gameday Throwback Helmet

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For my fellow helmetphiles...

I recently splurged (early bday/xmas gift to myself) and picked up an authentic Seahawks throwback Speedflex helmet. I added an Oakley face shield to it (the locking pieces are currently being painted royal blue as they came black, I'll post the final photo later). The only thing I need to add is a larger font "Seahawks" for the front lip (for some reason it came smaller than it should be), the American flag and league shield decals for the back, which I already ordered.

Now I just need that elusive man cave to display my helmets year-round!

Myhelmet

Myhelmet2

Myhelmet3

Myhelmet4

Myhelmet5

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I also noted that the royal blue is the normal richer darker royal blue than what we see the team sporting in the promo shots for the throwbacks. That royal blue seems a lighter shade.

I also love the Oakley face shield, it's a nice finishing touch so I am going to order one for my modern era authentic.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! Face guard locking clips are drying...They didn't take too kindly to being painted over, lol.

Clips1

pmedic920

Reaction score
Nice.

I’ve got an original that I’ve had for about 35 years.
I also have one of the currents and no place to honor either of them appropriately.

I don’t see myself picking up one of these unless……

pmedic920

Reaction score
I also noted that the royal blue is the normal richer darker royal blue than what we see the team sporting in the promo shots for the throwbacks. That royal blue seems a lighter shade.

I also love the Oakley face shield, it's a nice finishing touch so I am going to order one for my modern era authentic.
Just curious, did you options for the face mask, or do you get what you get?

(Configuration wise)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright, the paint finished drying for the face guard locking clips so I added them for the final touch. Really happy with how it turned out! To answer your question Lon, that face guard configuration was the only one available that I saw. As more time passes I am sure more will be offered. You can also custom order your own helmet from Riddell which is what I did years ago to put the current logo on a silver helmet.

Myhelmet
Myhelmet6
Myhelmet2
Myhelmet3

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nice.

I’ve got an original that I’ve had for about 35 years.
I also have one of the currents and no place to honor either of them appropriately.

I don’t see myself picking up one of these unless……
Being the ever so helpful guy that I am, I have plenty of room on my newly built Fireplace mantle where they would look absolutely marvelous, and to show how thoughtful I am, I would even pay for the shipping. ;-)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious, did you options for the face mask, or do you get what you get?

(Configuration wise)

Spring-boarding from my comments above about the custom helmet (i.e. the silver helmet I had Riddell custom make for me where I did choose the face guard config years ago), here's a photo of that helmet (far right...I forgot Shaun Alexander signed it!)

DSCN3700

sutz

Reaction score
Hella cool! Jealous just doesn't quite say it. :LOL:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spring-boarding from my comments above about the custom helmet (i.e. the silver helmet I had Riddell custom make for me where I did choose the face guard config years ago), here's a photo of that helmet (far right...I forgot Shaun Alexander signed it!)

View attachment 60059
Ok thanks bro.

But I’m still not getting it.

When you order one of the new/current throwbacks, do you have the option to select the style/configuration of the face mask?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Being the ever so helpful guy that I am, I have plenty of room on my newly built Fireplace mantle where they would look absolutely marvelous, and to show how thoughtful I am, I would even pay for the shipping. ;-)
Ya know what, I’ve given plenty of “my stuff” away over the years.
As I/we down size I’ll probably be passing more of it along to appreciative co-fans.

My most recent “give away” involved several autographed 8x10 photos of past players.

I was promised that the recipient would post pictures of how he displayed them.

It’s been a long minute, and nothing yet.

Kinda leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.

Having said that, I’ll keep you in mind.
I know you were just messing’, I’m serious.

Latest posts