Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

kearly

Reaction score
AgentDib":1lagxa6u said:
Vegas implies a score of Seahawks 24 - Panthers 21 due to the over/under of 45 and spread of 3.

The Seahawks score is in line with what many think, but the Panthers score is higher than anybody has mentioned yet. Vegas is much higher on Carolina's scoring potential than we are, so what do they know that we don't (and vice versa)?

We do have injury/suspension issues on our defensive line. It may also be a hot and humid day, with a forecast right now of 91 degrees and 60% humidity. This would put extra pressure on depth and conditioning for a defense that already plays a lot of snaps by design. The "bend but not break" philosophy of Carroll's keeps everything in front of the defense and gives up yards and field goals in exchange for turnover opportunities and touchdowns. Recently the Panthers offense has done well against the spread when an underdog, but they have also done poorly in their season openers so those two may be a wash.

On the positive side, I haven't seen the 10 am factor affect our defense very much. This is purely subjective, but it seems to me that when we have struggled in these 10 am games it has mostly been our offense which did not click right away. I just re-watched the Panthers game from last year and our defense was great right off the bat.

I think the primary factor here is probably the weather, with Vegas expecting both offenses to take advantage of tired defenses in the second half.

I don't think Vegas considers matchups quite as much as they should. They are basically assuming that the Panthers have a "typical" offensive output based on 2012's averages, while not factoring that the Panthers worst performance on offense last season came at home against Seattle. Much less, they probably haven't considered how our fast linebackers are the perfect foil for run happy QBs. Everything that Carolina relies on to generate offense, Seattle's defense is built to squish those aspects.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Ugly slug-fest with both offenses trying to find their footing. Defenses on both teams play tough, so final score:

Seahawks - 17 Panthers - 13.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I expect some of the guys to show a little rust, and the rhythm to be a little out of whack. 10am, first game, travel across the country, new players, new positions.

Seahawks 73 Panthers 0

kmedic

Reaction score
Hawks 20
Panthers 21

Major trap game for the Hawks. High expectations, young team, on the road, 10 AM kickoff, depleted and sub-100% healthy D-line.

I expect RW to keep us in the game. In fact I believe he leads the offense to another game-winning TD in the last 2 minutes only to see it evaporate as Cam Newton shreds our defense like Matt Ryan did last January. I see the lack of pass rush as the biggest glaring weakness and ultimately the reason why we lose this Sunday.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawks 34- Panthers 16

13-6 hawks lead at halftime

RW has an almost perfect 2nd half and passes for 300yds and a 104 qb rating

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":w625ouxk said:
I expect some of the guys to show a little rust, and the rhythm to be a little out of whack. 10am, first game, travel across the country, new players, new positions.

Seahawks 73 Panthers 0
Awesome! :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
I know that after the playoffs Pete said he wanted to get out of the gate faster going forward, this is the perfect game to begin that process, where the Panters have a more celebrated line on defense all sources say that they can be exploited in the secondary, especially at Safety. Therefore I think Miller and Willson will start the game hot making the Panters have to drop Linebackers to help a lot more. That will open up the single back Read options and the quick trap powers we run. Wilson and Bevell will simply then keep them off balance based on what they show and we have exploited.

Shula's offense is predictable, there is plenty of history on what he runs, he likes to send guys streaking and get fast points if he can and then play with control till you cheat up and then go deep again. The Bengals with Palmer and I believe him with the Bucs using Alstott and Dunn as a threat to pull up the defense then throw deep. Williams is the scat back type and not the primary runner, Stewart will be, he's the type of back we are good at defending. Plus how healthy is he, when there is a lot of hype about someones health it's usually a question mark. They don't have a lot after Steve Smith wide so Newton is going to have to hope the run game and his own legs can carry the load I am thinking, Shula has stated he wants to find more ways to use Newton, in my mind that means making him carry the ball more.

I think if we start fast and our defense can hold the edge and the deep routes our LB's playing more 3 4 then 4 3 fronts will be fine. We have heat seeking missles at LB now, perfect for the defense we need to control a Running game and a Running QB. I hope he challanges our secondary, Shula also has been a QB coach for a while and not a OC, wonder how rusty his calling plays is.

over all

Seahawks 38 - Panther 17

HawkHack

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":9r6ywwzw said:

Seahawks 73 Panthers 0
Wow. That would make my week. I assume you can somehow make that happen.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Aros":1jgwwure said:
I can't help but think it's going to be an ugly, low scoring defensive battle.

Same here bredren. What's really crazy is that I've been thinking for the past two days now that the score I can't seem to get away from is 16-13 Seahawks. This is the game that shows that this squad is different from all other Seahawks squads before them. It's also a game that I think will be much closer and much more hard-fought than a lot of Seahawks fans might think. I think we'll be thankful for Mr. Steven Hauschka after the game on Sunday, as well as our fearless leader #3. The playcalling might be dodgy at best, the pass rush anemic, offensive line a shambles(especially in the running game), the 3rd down defense utterly dismal and embarrassing, and our big uglies will probably be gassed midway through the 3rd... However, somehow someway, this team is going to pull this one out of their ass on Sunday! 16-13! I'm with you 100% of the way on this one, Aros. I'll be in attendance so I'll try and will it to fruition.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Seahawks put on a show offensively and defensively.. We give up some points but also the d puts up some points. Wagner has a pick 6 in his yes im still better than kuechly party.. Sherman and thomas have picks... The offense... The offense.. Goes ham... Grind away at a long opening drive for a lynch short yardage td... Williams is on a deep ball td in the first half... Baldwin gets a 15-20 yd catch for a td at some point.. Tate gets a redzone cake walk wide open td... Turbin on a 5 yard run td.. Christine breaks off a 63 yard td in the second.

Seattle opens with a 50 pt game and blowout of carolina and puts the league on notice... Skip refuses to eat crow and calls it carolina sucking.. Literally is served a plate of crow on espn and makes a 10 min tyrade about how the raiders could have beat carolina handily.

That is all. Go seahawks!

uncle fester

Reaction score
redhawk253":myqnz594 said:
Skip refuses to eat crow and calls it carolina sucking.. Literally is served a plate of crow on espn and makes a 10 min tyrade about how the raiders could have beat carolina handily.

That is all. Go seahawks!

Poetry. :)

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Gotta stick with what I put in the season prediction thread and I had this one pegged as 1 of 4 losses on the season.

Hawks - 24
Panthers - 31

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
There's a lot of Hawk fans still stuck in their old way of thinking in this thread... the mind set that has perpetuated the fan base from some time after 1976 through somewhere around the end of November of the 2012 season. I get it. I really do. Are you really "All In"?

It's a new era... they will not lose.

aawolf

Reaction score
NYCoug":27a919cf said:
Aros":27a919cf said:
I can't help but think it's going to be an ugly, low scoring defensive battle.

Same here bredren. What's really crazy is that I've been thinking for the past two days now that the score I can't seem to get away from is 16-13 Seahawks. This is the game that shows that this squad is different from all other Seahawks squads before them. It's also a game that I think will be much closer and much more hard-fought than a lot of Seahawks fans might think. I think we'll be thankful for Mr. Steven Hauschka after the game on Sunday, as well as our fearless leader #3. The playcalling might be dodgy at best, the pass rush anemic, offensive line a shambles(especially in the running game), the 3rd down defense utterly dismal and embarrassing, and our big uglies will probably be gassed midway through the 3rd... However, somehow someway, this team is going to pull this one out of their ass on Sunday! 16-13! I'm with you 100% of the way on this one, Aros. I'll be in attendance so I'll try and will it to fruition.

I'm with you guys. Having seen about every Panthers and Seahawks game last year, I would say this is destined to be a grinding low-scoring game where it will come down to a final drive at the end to seal the deal, and Russell Wilson is a far better closer than Cam is, so I see the 16-13 game playing out in favor of the Seahawks. The Panthers would have been a playoff team if they could hold on to leads in the fourth quarter. However, the Seahawks were a playoff team because they found ways to come from behind and win in the fourth quarter.

I'll be there, so I'm pulling for an exciting game. I like defensive matchups, so a 16-13 game will be exciting to me.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We win by a huge margin. Nobody is more hungrier than us. If RW meant what he said after the Atlanta game he going to make it happen. Score will be 40-17. T-jack will play the last quarter for garbage time. all this will make the 49ers game more difficult.

Latest posts