Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Christmas morning is almost here for Seahawks fans!

That doesn't mean we're going to like every present we open. The Panthers offense isn't going to scare our defense too much but containment of Cam is paramount on that side of the ball. The 10am factor will always come into play, the question this season will be just how much. We will have to be excellent on punt return and kickoff return coverage with Ginn but by far the biggest threat is Carolina's front 7. I watched a preseason game of theirs this year and was blown away by how talented that group is. No single person impressed me on defense in the entire NFL this preseason more than MLB Luke Kuechly. In the game I watched, he looked as dominant as I have ever seen any MLB look in any game I can remember in recent memory.

Russell Wilson and crew will have to earn their pay Sunday. I can see a loss here but I refuse to believe we will. The 2013 Seahawks are a different breed.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 16 - Panthers 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 0-0

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I am both looking forward to this game and not looking forward to it. Both teams seem to be slow starters that pick up at the end of the year (which is great for us), but it also means we might be seeing a very sloppy and poorly played first half followed by a frustrating, but ultimately fulfilling second half.

Kind of like last year.

Seattle 21 Panthers 16.

the ditch

Reaction score
I'm hoping we make a statement, there has been so much hype, I just want them to go out there and crush the Panthers so that the home opener against the 49ers is off the hook.

Seahawks 27
Panthers 6

Largent80

Reaction score
I will be flying to Seattle for my honeymoon /vacation at 10:30 so I'll miss the game. However I have hopes Jet Blue will have it on their cool little t.v.'s. But I see us winning, as I think our defense is better than their offense.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sloppy, disjointed, frustrating, ugly. That's what I see.

However, our defense is way too good to let us cough this game up.

Seahawks 19, Panthers 13

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My inner voice keeps telling me that the Hawks start slow and finish fast. But hearing Rice tell NFLN to expect 2nd half of the 2012 season Russell Wilson is all I need to know. Cam has not figured out our secondary. I know you are running less read option, but the 12 of 29 passing by Cam says that will not matter. Bobby Wagner can still chase Cam down from behind. Your punter should be a busy man.

Seahawks 27, Panthers 16.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think they win, but it will be a struggle for awhile.

Seahawks 20, Panthers 17

DericLee

Reaction score
Well according to the game of Madden25 I played(on all-Madden), the Panthers will come out and score the first two times(two fieldgoals), then Seattle will get in a rhythm and pour it on.

Final score was 28-6 Seattle.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This game scares the crap out of me and I think we're not much better than a coin flip to win. If it comes out as some ugly one-point win then I'll be very happy.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Offense will click from the start, on the road, for the first time in Seahawk history. It's how you finish? Maybe that's Pete's mantra, but they'll start better this year. Special teams and turnovers help us win the game.

Hawks 27, Panthers 16 (with garbage-time TD their only red-zone score)

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
This game scared me as soon as the schedule came out. If this was week 6 or 7 I would be ok with it, but weird things seem to happen during week 1. East coast + 10am start + hot & humid weather = not good for the Hawks. I think we'll lose, but it will be a minor speed bump to the Super Bowl just like the opening loss to Jacksonville in 2005.

Seahawks 20, Panthers 26

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I know there's some hand wringing going on about this game... but I really don't think it's going to be close. Seahawks will score from all 3 phases of the game.

Statement.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Me too.

Let's see:

Big game against hated rival the very next week? Check

10 am start on the East Coast? Check

Away game? Check

Opposing Team that has been chomping at the bit to play you to "prove" they are good this year? Check

On the other side of the country (ie long travel distance)? Check

Opposing team has a phenomenal defense? Check

First game of the season where weird things tend to happen anyway? Check

That is a lot of things stacked against this team before it even starts. A win against Carolina is HUGE because a loss is a punch to the gut for this team. To say I am worried is an understatement. I will take the win any way I can get it, I really REALLY hope this team does not overlook Carolina because the 49ers are coming up after.

Hoping for a victory by at least a field goal.

Slick

Reaction score
We lose this one. Big deal. Burn a Housh or Edgerrin James jersey (you know you bought one). Take a deep breath.

We'll get our Ws.

Hawker

Reaction score
Been looking forward to making fearless predictions since January. C'mon Sunday. The bit has been chomped. I expect a low-scoring, slow first half where punters get to stretch their legs a bit, and a more upbeat scoring 2nd half as we've come to expect from our Hawks.

Seattle 23 - Carolina 6

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The Hawks SHOULD win...they are the better team. But that said, what should happen doesn't always play out. I think the heat gets to them, and the typical PC era slow start to the game rears its ugly head and the Hawks will not be in top form yet to allow them to recover. I REALLY hope I am being paranoid and they come out and kick ass like the better team that they are, but I just have a bad feeling about it that I cannot shake.

Carolina 17 - Seattle 14

chawx

Reaction score
Largent80":31ci782y said:
I will be flying to Seattle for my honeymoon /vacation at 10:30 so I'll miss the game. However I have hopes Jet Blue will have it on their cool little t.v.'s. But I see us winning, as I think our defense is better than their offense.

That's cool man. When are you getting married? — I only ask because my big day is this Saturday the 7th. Luckily we're not going on our REAL honeymoon until the 23rd, so I think I'll be able to watch the game on my laptop in the room the morning after...priorities, right? lol

Anyway, as far as my prediction, I agree with Aros, this front 7 ain't nothing to mess with... Russell has to be on that deep pass game, because they're fully capable of giving Lynch and the RB co. fits. I'd feel a little better with a healthy Mike Rob leading the charge at FB, rendering Kuechly a little less effective, but that's obviously not an option. Still though, as poor as our O may look at times, our D is realllllly going to make Cam and this Panthers O look silly. Special Teams will probably be a wash, but I'd be surprised if our D didn't score or set up our O inside the redzone to score 2 or 3 times this game.

Call me a homer, but once the ball gets rolling and the Seattle D avalanche starts up—there's just no stopping it: 33-10

Latest posts