Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Da Bears)

Banedon

Reaction score
volsunghawk":v0kzsobc said:
To the Banedon, the Bears fan, I understand your reasoning but some trend is going to have to give this year. The Bears may win big, but Seattle just doesn't lose big this season. They keep games close and take them down to the wire. The only games where that hasn't been true are against the Cowboys and Jets, where Seattle won big. Every single loss Seattle's had was by 7 or less, and every one of them was close in the 4th quarter. Your Bears may win, but don't be surprised if it's by a late FG.

Good point. Even if the margin of victory doesn't hold to form, the Bears do still play better from ahead, so it's still a situation where I feel like the first quarter will be important.

kendog2639

Reaction score
we will get it handed to us... forte and bush will rush for 200 yrds and we will see the same def as the last 5 games... gash the middle of the field and we will have trouble scoring

we lose 27-16

Slick

Reaction score
I'm changing my prediction. I feel like it will not be close at all.

Seahawks - 17
Bears - 35

God we suck on the road. Marshawn will get stuffed. Our D will get GASHED (with or without Forte playing). Young team deflated by all the noise this week.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
A 2nd road game in a row, tough place to play, I bet Cutler destroys us on that field. And, I have no confidence on our run game away from Clink

Bears - 31
Hawks - 20

the ditch

Reaction score
Seahawks put a dagger in my heart last Sunday, took a lot of the wind out of my sails. That loss, along with the loss to Detroit really sting me I felt we should have won both of those games, I don't feel like we're a playoff team if we can't win games like those. Put on top Sherman and Browner's suspensions (I believe they're playing against the Bears) which I don't even want to get into just disappointing. I don't have much faith going into this game even if Russell has been playing super well, I'm not trying to be super negative but trying to objectively look at the rest of the season without two of the better corners in the league, it's not looking promising.

Think the Bears have a field day with us, we're coming off a tough loss, long flight home, another road game which we just can't seem to get over that road game curse, coaching mistakes, player mistakes. Re-reading my post seems so debbie downer, ha.

Seahawks 14
Bears 28

Bears probably get a defensive score on us.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
We haven't lost a game by more than 7 points all year but I fear this will be our most lopsided loss of the season.

Hawks 17
Bears 31

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2r3zqvy8 said:
10am on the road. Until something changes, this prediction is easy.

Bears 24
Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 4-7

After being smacked over the head with a huge frying pan about 50 times, I raise the white flag and am buying in 100% that we can't win on the road.

Chi 24-20

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":36g28zv2 said:
MontanaHawk05":36g28zv2 said:
The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

You know, I debated with you before over Carroll's willingness to be flexible. I think we might have been talking about him molding his philosophy to allow for a different sort of QB to run the team (probably in a larger discussion about the merits of Ryan Mallett or something). I recall saying that I thought Carroll would be flexible, but I can't recall my reasoning.

The Miami game was the first real time I worried that you were probably right. I could dismiss the lack of flexibility early on this season as we broke in a rookie QB as just part of the process of easing his transition. But Wilson was hot in the Dolphins game, and I believe he could have done more had the coaches put the game more on his shoulders.

I guess here's the part where I hope that the Miami game was a bit of a wake-up call for the entire team, players and coaches alike. Players, you're confident and that's good, but you're not so good that you can take an opponent for granted and half-ass it out there. Coaches, you need to do a better job of making in-game adjustments to take advantage of the realities of the game rather than sticking stubbornly to a script...........
Great post Volsung. Agree with you on all accounts from the worry to the hope.

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
During the 4th quarter last weekend, my Dad and I were talking about that game already being a win.. Losing that game, than hearing the news about Browner, and my DUDE Sherman.. Well, it may be my hardest crash from high expectations, to virtually NO expectations. This team prooves week in and week out, that they can't be consistent in ANY phase of the game. My heart tells me 28-17 Seahawks. My gut tells me 35-20 Bears. I hope I'm wrong. But there is no way that Sherman and Browner can play this week with a clear conscience. I just don't see it.. Ohhh well.

AVL

Reaction score
There just isn't enough lithium in the water supply in the northwest for the manics. I predict this ride is far from over. Hawks 31-21 followed by another head scratching loss at some point.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2m2zi8rw said:
I agree with you 100% Aros. We play to win against the better teams, and we play not to lose against the worse teams. Hawks need this win more than ever.

Seahawks 17
Da Beers 13

As long as those teams aren't on the road.

We lose this one.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
This will be the Giants game from last year. I felt worse about that one, and they smacked the G Men in the mouth that day. 27-14 Hawks!!!
0-0 on the season.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
Hawks see their first blowout of the season.

Bears: 27
Hawks: 6

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
10 am road game. Not much of a discussion, until proven otherwise.

With Red hurting and probably out? If I was Mike Tice, I'd run the ball 40 times. Of course, since we don't generate a pass rush on the road Cutler should have some opportunities.

I think it will be a close game. I think we will play well and fight. I just don't think we have enough.

Bears 23, Seahawks 16

Atradees

Reaction score
Looks like we slide back to 500 this week.

Bears crush the Hawks and we look like a recent expansion team.

Chicago 41
Hawks 7

Uffda

Reaction score
17-23 hawks. An irrational win... or 23-24 an irrational loss again.