Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Saints @ Seahawks)

Landhawk1

Reaction score
This is on the big stage, Monday night with a crowd that will be absolutely electric. Hawks play big in prime time games and are undefeated at home during the "Wilson" era. Cold weather not withstanding, a win will give the Hawks a strangle hold on the number 1 seed. In a "statement" game by Wilson and company, the Hawks show the rest of the NFL who's boss. I see one of those home "landslide" wins where we come up big in all 3 phases. Final score: Hawks 38.....Saints 17.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Game is close for 2 1/2 quarters but heavy doses of Marshawn and chilly temps wear the will of their D down. Hawks pull away late.
Hawks 27
Aints 17

To date: 10-1

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Marshawn runs wild. Harvin gets his first TD. Maxwell gets an int.

Comprehensive win, 31-17.

RTD: 10-1

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have been thinking that Brees and Graham/Colston are going to get some numbers and keep the game close with a lot of scores being traded. That the Hawks are going to take a lot of time off the clock and run the ball. That is my realistic view with a score like 31-28 with the Hawks scraping out a tough win.

Then there is the side of me that knows this team and how hard they play at home, especially against marquee teams. Like GB, NE and of course SF. The physical play that dominates teams is going to be employed on Monday and I think it opens up in the second half. Avalanche time.

38-21 Hawks.

A

Anonymous

24-13 Hawks.

Like I said in another thread, I believe Brees and crew will probably get one TD via a bomb-pass to a strangely-wide-open (player to be named on Monday). Other than that, our D will be tighter than a seized hinge-bolt on the gates of hell. Russ will do his thing, all will be glorious to behold.

This game will produce the greatest amount of Drew Brees dejected-look pictures than any contest in recent memory. The camera loves a frown on that man's face and will be poised on him once again after Beastmode crosses the goal line.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Seattle has allowed an impressively low 15.4 Points/Game at Home this season ... AND Seattle comes in to this game as the 2nd Highest Scoring Offense in the league (27.8 Points/Game). It's not like the Seahawks have been playing all year with Percy Harvin and then (oh no!) suddenly, they're without him and what are we going to do. Sure we all looked the schedule and WANTED Harvin for this game ... but the Seahawks have had the 2nd Highest scoring offense in the league WITHOUT him and Without most of their starting Offensive Line this season.

Even with the suspensions and injuries, I honestly believe Seattle wins this game hands down.

Look at San Francisco. They're the 4th Best Scoring Defense in the league (16.7 Pts/Game) -- better than the Saints (who are 5th at 17.8 Points/Game Allowed) -- and look at what Seattle did to those guys at Century Link.

And remember, most of that was accomplished WITHOUT Russell Okung, who was injured in the 1st Quarter of that 49ers 29-3 Win.

The Saints have allowed 20.2 Points/Game on the road this year and gave up 30 points on the road against a New England Team that may not be quite as good as Seattle.

A starting offensive line that is once more intact allows Marshawn Lynch to induce another quake against a Saints Defense that allows 4.8 Yards/Rush (tied for 3rd Worst in the league).

With Guinness there in anticipation of a new Crowd Noise Record, things could honestly get ugly.

Still, I'll be a bit conservative -- I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 28
Saints 24

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":aqjaq82j said:
Game is close for 2 1/2 quarters but heavy doses of Marshawn and chilly temps wear the will of their D down. Hawks pull away late.
Hawks 27
Aints 17

To date: 10-1

EDIT: changing this due to Percy Harvin not playing. I still see a Hawks win but I'm downgrading to a nail biter, Hawks 26, Aints 23. Hauschka wins it with a 44 yarder as time expires.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm also changing my prediction after the Harvin news. Without him, Seattle's offense keeps it close but doesn't have quite enough to overcome Brees abusing two backup corners.

New Orleans 30
Seattle 27

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Again, sharps betting this game didn't really seem to react to the Harvin news at all. There's really no reason to see that as a huge swing for this game right now.

Joey13091

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hi4tc5ds said:
I'm also changing my prediction. Without Harvin, Seattle's offense keeps it close but doesn't have quite enough to overcome Brees abusing our backup corners.

New Orleans 30
Seattle 27

Why would you ever vote against your team?

I'll say 34-31 Hawks win.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Saints would literally have to play the best outdoor/December game of their history to beat us tomorrow night. I am not saying it's an impossible task for them...

I'm just saying it's an almost impossible task for them.

:D

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ulv7ve6 said:
I'm also changing my prediction. Without Harvin, Seattle's offense keeps it close but doesn't have quite enough to overcome Brees abusing our backup corners.

New Orleans 30
Seattle 27

Lame. Sorry. Had to be said.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm still saying Seahawks win impressively..... Cold or not cold, we win at Clink.... 12th Man comes thru!!!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean...we had a rather large game in primetime a little less than a year ago at the Clink against the hated 49ers. We incidentally were without Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, and of course Percy Harvin, though those absences didn't get so much play among the fanbase the week of the game. Result: 42-13.

I'm not predicting that we win by 29 tomorrow, but people who think it's some sort of death blow to be without those three aren't thinking straight.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":yog9qyx5 said:

New Orleans 30
Seattle 27
BOO this man! BOOOOOOOOO HISS!
8)

OlyHawk

Reaction score
This Seahawks team is unlike any we have had before. With Russell Wilson at the helm, the Seahawks will find a way to win, 24 - 20.
I really hope it is not that close.

OrFan

Reaction score
People have changed their minds because a player that we have not even had yet, minus a couple plays, isn't playing? We have done all of this, and gone undefeated at home for two years without him. I really do not see us needing something we have not even had.