Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Saints @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's get this out of the way: Yes the timing of losing Thurmond stinks. Browner has played his last down as a Seahawk. Percy Harvin sounds like he's pretty sore from his debut performance against the Vikings and may not play a large role - if at all - against the Saints on Monday Night Football. This is a typical glass half full or half empty dichotomy we have going here. The Saints are a very, very good football team and we will have our hands full. Drew Brees is our Saviour Russell Wilson's idol for good reason. They will present a couple matchup problems for our defense.

However, let me make myself perfectly clear.

The Seahawks are going to win this football game. The Saints - while clearly a top team in the NFL - has not necessarily been steamrolling their opponents lately. Factor in the outdoors (were Brees stats plummet faster than the 49ers Power Rankings) in THE most hostile, loudest, intimidating stadium in the NFL and what will likely be a very cold night, against a rested 10-1 Seahawks team who may be even more motivated than before to keep the inside track for HFA and you have your recipe for 11-1 and in the driver's seat the rest of the season.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Saints 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 10-1

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm just not feeling confident about this game. I really wish I was feeling as confident as some of you, but I'm just not.

I feel like the Seahawks are the better team, though. And playing at home is the factor that tips the scales for me. But I could predict this one either way.

Seahawks 31
Saints 30

My Record to Date: 8-3

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think the upset is a possibility, but there is no way I am picking against this team at home in the biggest game of the year. They will come to play.

Hawks 34
Saints 24

daketah

Reaction score
I keep looking for a shutout. Why not represent the crazy contingent on our board and predict one?

Seahawks - 17
Saints - ZERO

On a serious note, I have no idea, but my inclination is to guess the Seahawks win by 17.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bennett has a big game. Brees is sacked 4 times trying to come back from an early deficit.

Hawks 35
Saints 23

iigakusei

Reaction score
24-21 Seahawks.
Haushka hits a 51 yarder to win it with time expiring.

saints2k8

Reaction score
Brees career vs Seahawks
31 PPG
11 TD 3 INT

His offenses don't ever have problems against Seattle. home or away.

23-20 Saints (we have a defense this time)

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
At home, the Hawks are tough but I think the Saints make a game of it and keep it close.

34-24

If this was in NO, I'd predict a more lop-sided affair in their favor. But it's not!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
saints2k8":1xhgezli said:
Brees career vs Seahawks
31 PPG
11 TD 3 INT

I see that we're counting really relevant stats now!

Earl Thomas and Chris Clemons are literally the only overlap with the last Seattle defense that Drew Brees faced. And they're both better now than they were then. But I guess if he succeeds against a certain uniform in a small sample size, that's a basis for good analysis. Wait, actually he has never faced these uniforms either...hmmm...okay I've got nothing to justify this.

Best of luck if this is what you want to hang your hat on.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
saints2k8":3av0k5bi said:
Brees career vs Seahawks
31 PPG
11 TD 3 INT

It's a new year. What have you done for me lately honey?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Thurmond and Browner hurt, but Seattle's defense hangs its hat on the pass rush and ETIII. As far as I can tell, those components are just fine. Coupled with the huge time deficit for the Saints, Seattle gets out to a big lead (I'm thinking that not only do we see Harvin, he takes one to the house), and shows America what's up. I like the Saints quite a bit, but they're in for it.

Seattle 31

Saints 20 (with 7 of those points coming in garbage time).

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Well...I see this as a close game early followed by an onslaught in the second half as the snow starts to fall...

Seattle 31
NO 10

Record to date 10-1

Brahn

Reaction score
saints2k8":1bfct9mm said:
Brees career vs Seahawks
31 PPG
11 TD 3 INT

We won the last match up with the most over turned roster in the NFL.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Louder

The Saints are a quality team, but they will be Aints on Monday.

Hawks 34-23

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks 30
Saints 17

Seahawks are #3 covering TE's and RB's out of the backfield which matches up awell against what the Saints want to do. I think the national media finally gives Wilson his due credit after a sensational performance in front of a national audience.

YTD 10-1

Hawker

Reaction score
Hard pressed to pick against the best home winning percentage the past two seasons.

Hawks 33 - Saints 27