Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Panthers @ Seahawks)

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Agree with HawkFan72, a somewhat lower-score but still a win:
Seattle 20
Carolina 13

Record to date 4 - 1

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":2q2033ga said:
2Cool4School":2q2033ga said:
Cam newton has never done that good against the seahawks. He probably wont do good this time either.

He played bad in 2012. Credit to the LOB most of all, and also a maddening last minute loss @ATL the week prior.

He played well enough to win in 2013. Wasn't his fault Olsen dropped big passes and Williams fumbled.

First game last year, Benjamin dropped a TD and his D gave up the lead. Playoff game he took chances and obviously lost, Kam with the 14 point swing play where his first read Bersin slipped.

Not HOF worthy, but better than most against the 2012-2014 Hawks-some all time good defenses.

He's also much healthier and more experienced this year and though his WR corps is the worst in the league, his OL is better.

Your in a "prediction" thread.... What's your take?

Hawks: 31
Alley cats: 24

RTD 4-1

kf3339

Reaction score
I see so many reasons why we can lose this game. Carolina is coming off a bye week, so they had two weeks to rest and prepare for this game. Kuechly is returning who is their equivalent of our Bobby Wagner on defense. Their running attack is good and O-Line seems better than ours right now.

In addition it looks like both Wagner and Hill will be out this game. We may get Lynch back, but that isn't going to help our offensive play calling, or Wilson not willing to throw in tight coverages. It's also not going to get him to throw the ball quickly or away to avoid sacks.

I look at our last two games and we just don't look right. Add everything in and my head says we lose this game. My heart wants a different result, but I just don't see it right now.

Hawks 13
Panthers 17

RTD: 4-1

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Maybe the most important game this season maybe outside of the two AZ games. Win on Sunday, I see a win streak through the end of the year/ division winner. Lose on Sunday, I see a WC spot/playoffs on the road.

But Hawks seem to mainline adversity, so:

Sea 27 - Car 3

seahawksny

Reaction score
Just Dont see how that D wont be in Wilson's face all day.
Our D will make stops even though they will be on field all day
Hawks 16
Panthers- 17

YTD 5-0 even though Ill be honest- I didnt post all my predictions. They were only in my head. (so no Red Ryder BB Gun prize for this Ralphie)

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1fid792r said:
ctrcat":1fid792r said:
2Cool4School":1fid792r said:
Cam newton has never done that good against the seahawks. He probably wont do good this time either.

He played bad in 2012. Credit to the LOB most of all, and also a maddening last minute loss @ATL the week prior.

He played well enough to win in 2013. Wasn't his fault Olsen dropped big passes and Williams fumbled.

First game last year, Benjamin dropped a TD and his D gave up the lead. Playoff game he took chances and obviously lost, Kam with the 14 point swing play where his first read Bersin slipped.

Not HOF worthy, but better than most against the 2012-2014 Hawks-some all time good defenses.

He's also much healthier and more experienced this year and though his WR corps is the worst in the league, his OL is better.

Your in a "prediction" thread.... What's your take?

Hawks: 31
Alley cats: 24

RTD 4-1

17-16 Panthers. Just a guess. Lockett btw is scary and could be an x-factor and Hauschka is an amazing kicker, but I think the Panthers will have just enough. Wouldn't bet money though.

KPA

Reaction score
I predict that the game will be played and that afterwards I will be drinking some beers to either celebrate or drown my sorrows.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
28- 14 cats I think last week will hang over . I really hope I'm wrong

Chawker

Reaction score
samwize77":2q3zdmbx said:
Chawker":2q3zdmbx said:
Seahawks 31
Panthers 34
YTD 3-2

I understand you're just making a prediction here, but you're flirting with that line that'll turn you into a 37. Show a little faith my friend. Practice what you preach maybe?

My records 3-2, I gotta start chasing some long shots here if I'm going to win this thing. I'll be cheering for my "MIGHTY" boys in blue come Sunday. No worrys!

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
This is a relatively easy prediction and it's a classic overreaction to the end of the game Sunday. There are 4 NFL teams that have the capability to beat Seattle at home and none of them are on our schedule as visitors to CLink this year.

At the beginning of the season the 4 games that many fans would have potentially seen as losses were at Rams, at Packers, at Bengals and at Dallas ....the one variable was at the Ravens. Right now, unless something drastically changes, Seattle has played 3 of their toughest road games and Dallas along with Baltimore are still out there, but far less healthy than Seattle.

Regarding the prediction thread, it's taken two fluky plays to keep Detroit in the game on Monday night and no first downs late against Cinci.

The downside is we have 17 offensive points vs the Rams, Packers, Bengals and 19 against the Bears.....add that to 13 vs the Lions and Seattle has not generated over 20 offensive points all season long.

If you plan to win games long term in the league, generating 20+ offensive points is important because Seattle can always strike with their special teams (Lockett) and defense (pass rush and LOB).

This game feels like the last time we will talk about a lack of offensive points. Three important variables have changed since the start of the season.

A) the offensive line is better now than 4 weeks ago.

B) Lynch and Rawls have the capability to wear down a defense, which we didn't ever have with Lynch/Turbin.

C) Carolina is missing Kelvin Benjamin and Kuechly is still banged up with a concussion....not the game to return when facing a hard charging Lynch and Rawls.

At 2-3, Seattle has roster improvement still coming or healing up....Frank Clark, Deshawn Shead, Marcus Burley, Jeremy Lane, Kevin St. Louis, Jimmy Graham, Tyler Lockett all have upside on our offense and defense or will be pieces that shore up small holes on the roster. Not all of them will play Sunday, but it speaks to what people forget. This is still a young, deep roster and over the course of 16 games, Seattle will improve, while teams that are flying high now, will come back to the pack or earth.

Seattle finds 20+ offensive points and grinds out Carolina the same way they have in the past.....on the ground and with one more big play in each half, that is the difference.

'Hawks 27, Panthers 16.

OrFan

Reaction score
Hawks - 24

Catfood - 13

I have not been impressed at all with this offense, but they are good enough to once again send them back to the litter box with a loss.

Oh yeah, record : 4 - 1

Laloosh

Reaction score
Have not watched much of Carolina this season. Based on their opponents, I'm not concerned about their record.

SEA: 20
CAR: 13

YTD: 2-3

ringless

Reaction score
Going to go with Seattle 26 Carolina 13

Seattle is nearly unstoppable at home.

Not only has Carolina played weak teams. Carolina has been outgained in yards by said weak teams. Given up more sacks then they've gotten. They have also gotten less first downs then those teams. And are only moving the ball at a clip to be 25th in the league.

They are 4-0 sure. But taking all that into consideration paints a picture of a team thats about to get a reality check.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks 22
Panthers 13

until the 4th quarter, then...
Seahawks 22
Panthers 23

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Panthers 14
Seahawks 27

The bleeding stops.