Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Falcons @ Seahawks)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RussB":30wmnd8u said:
Hasselbeck":30wmnd8u said:
We couldn't stop Julio Jones WITH Richard Sherman, don't think we'll be able to do it without him.

Spirited effort but too many injuries to overcome.

Falcons 31
Seahawks 28
Sherman was far from 100%, he wouldnt be producing any better than Bmax to be honest.

Would be shocked if Maxwell played a lot and would be even more shocked if he drew Julio Jones, as Julio flat out embarrassed him a year ago. I know that was when he was in Philly in a different scheme but it was ugggggly.

To be honest, I think Sark may slow down the Falcons offense more than our defense would.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seahawks 16
Falcons 13

Defense plays great, offense plays like hot garbage. We know the drill.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Let's get some damn optimism in here. Our defense isn't as awful as we fear with Sherm. In fact, we get guys stepping up! Russ comes to play and defends his "Mr. Monday Night" title.

Seahawks 33 Falcons 17

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeezuz if I didn't know any better I would think the Falcons are 9-0 coming into this game by the way some of you are predicting. Give me a break. This is NOT the juggernaut offense of last year, nor is Ryan anywhere close to playing the MVP caliber he was last year.

Deep breaths folks.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I agree with Aros. To add to my predictions, ICE will throw two gimme picks that our guys will drop BUT he will still throw two picks that bounce off WR hands. Par for the course for both teams this season.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I also agree that this year they have NOT been the same Falcons team that we saw last year. Of course, we can say the same thing about the Seahawks.

Bottom line is that this game is at home at Century Link. If this was being played at the Georgia Dome, I'd probably feel differently. Look, the Falcons struggled against and lost to Carolina on the road -- a team that in a lot of ways mirrors the Hawks. Matt Ryan has thrown for 13 TD's ... but also thrown 8 picks on the season as well. I'm thinking Sherman or no Sherman, he's going to be good for at least 1 (maybe 2) INT's in this one. IF Earl Thomas and Duane Brown play in this game (and it's sounding like they will) ... then I'm feeling pretty confident that the Hawks pull this one out.

I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 24
Falcons 21

WmHBonney

Reaction score
'Hawks defense can no longer carry the O due to injuries.
Atlanta 34
Seattle 10

....and I hope I am wrong.....

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":lga5zzfa said:
Ever hear of a playoff game in November? Well this is it. Both teams are desperate to start a winning streak and keep in spitting distance of the NFC's top teams (Eagles, Saints, Rams, Vikings, Panthers). The Falcons won impressively last Sunday beating the Zek-less Cowboys but they have not been the same offensive juggernaut we saw last year.

While we have plenty to worry about on our team, the Falcons are going to have to really bring it to beat us at home in front of the rabid 12's on a nationally televised game. What's our record under Pete in nationally-televised games again? Yeah, impressive. Matt hasn't proven to be consistent enough this season to think it's going to be a cakewalk for him to suddenly get back to MVP form in those conditions.

Russell, however, does have to be in MVP form, and the defense needs to adjust to life without Sherman and scheme appropriately in order for us to win this game. This is a toss up game, I won't be surprised win or lose. However, we are at home with our backs against the wall so our boys get the edge.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Falcons 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-2

Atlanta 27

Hawks 20.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seahawks 31

Falcons 17

Maybe this is the homer in me (also could be that this game is on my birthday, so I’m hoping for a win when I go to the game) but I have good feeling about this game. I know the loss of Sherman sucks, but I feel like the good Seahawks show up and give a statement win here.

Either way, we have to show up, which I believe we will. This is a playoff game for both teams.

Go hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
I have stated my concerns in multiple threads, unfortunately this team has a stubborn staff, maybe this is what creates a shake up of some sort.

Atlanta 38

Seattle 13

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I had us at 8-8 worst and 10-6 best in the poll last week before all the injuries. This is one I had down as a loss before we were decimated.

Having said that, maybe a bunch of adversity will force some much needed scheming strategies.

I think we keep it closer than we should considering our health issues, but still come up short.

hawks 17
falcons 20

Edit-To be clear, I have tons of faith in our players, but zero faith in our offensive coaching. The two bozos will continue to hold us back. Difference is this year the rams made the necessary coaching changes, and I see them taking the division and doing well in the playoffs. This offseason will hopefully be interesting.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Going in Matty Ice is licking his chops with the injuries to our secondary and he believes they are going to have a field day. But as he begins slinging it around thinking every completion will be an easy one to his elite receivers - the underdog secondary of the Seahawks plays with chips on their shoulders and make enough plays to help the rest of the Hawks' defense & offense get the job done on MNF in front of a home crowd.

Hawks win 27-17.

hawksmode

Reaction score
It was...throw left with Sherman on the right...now they can pick sides at will....Atlanta has a filed day ( pun intended ) with our secondary...

Hope I am wrong

Falcons 24
Seahawks 10

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Julio Jones will exploit Lane and Kam's replacement and it will be another long day against a quality dink and dunk passer.
Atlanta's offense isn't as good as last year but it wont matter. Seattle scores 17 in the 4th to keep it close.

Falcons 27
Seahawks 20

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I predict there's going to be a lot of crow eaters next Monday evening.