Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Eagles @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am currently still enjoying my crow from last week thank you very much. Nibbling on it daily from the fridge. Damn tasty crow!

The Seahawks are doing what the Seahawks do and that is to start scaring the beejezuz out of the rest of the league once most the leaves have fallen from the trees. It's uncanny how year-after-year they flick the switch and become one of the hottest and most dangerous teams the rest of the way. It's good timing because a very tough Eagles team comes to town this Sunday in what should be a great NFC matchup.

Now that Russ is almost back at full health and able to scramble around and make those plays we are accustomed to seeing him make and Thomas Rawls is back in action, this should bode well for the Hawks against a tough Eagles defense.

I think the Eagles will give us a fight, but in the end the good guys prevail.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Eagles 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-2-1

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This won't be all that easy but I don't think the Eagles can beat the Hawks the way they play now.

Hawks 37
Eagles 24

RTD: 5-3-1

iigakusei

Reaction score
Good defensive lines give us problems - and the Eagles have a good one.
I think we get a couple turnovers though to make it easier

Seahawks 24
Eagles 16

Slick

Reaction score
Last week felt like a turning point. This week we need an exclamation point:

Seahawks 35
Eagles 13

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Going to the game Sunday (go to one a year) so I'm not predicting a loss! Plus, I think the Hawks are ready to go on a roll.

Seahawks 27
Eagles 24

My Record to Date: 3-5-1

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The eagles are playing well but they are playing much better at home where they are 4-0 vs. a 1-4 road record. Not surprising with a rookie QB who will find the clink the toughest challenge yet. Their most impressive win was 31-3 over the Steelers.

Should be a good defensive game. I expect some turnovers from the 'hawks defense against the rookie QB. Shutting down the eagles run game will be key. I don't think Ryan Matthews will be problematic but sproles in the screen game could make for a few frustrating 3rd down conversions.

Seahawks 20
Eagles 16

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wentz throws a couple of picks. We struggle with the eagles front but pull it out.

Seahawks 20
Eagles 13
7-1-1

Largent80

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh...Fresh off of a going against the grain win prediction, I will do it again.

They are going to have a tough time scoring in this one. Our o-line will regress a little with a more stout front, but we are going to score points and convert 3rd downs.

Seahawks 27
Eagles 09

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawks 35
eags 16.

We hold them to 1 td and FG's. We control this game the whole way through, but wentz does burn us bad for a long td. We have seen shead give up a few of these, and I think we see one sunday.

On our side, rawls comes out a lil too excited, but settles down by second half and breaks off 2 good runs. We see a couple good plays by procise, mostly through the air, but after last week I think the eagles defense will be watching him pretty close. Pope runs a few times and does well. Nothing too incredible, but no mistakes.

Rawls will end up averaging 5 ypc in this game, pope 4 caries at 4 ypc. Procise runs it half a dozen times, but is mostly used as a reciever on hot routes as the eagles defense is to be putting pressure on russ, and quick completions to procise will back them off. Russ breaks off a couple of runs this game as well on the read option, which we haven't seen for a while.

Wentz overall moves the ball well up the field, but gets held up at the 20 everytime but 1. We get a fumble recovery and 2 interceptions, with the interceptions coming second half when they are forced to air the ball out to catch up. I see one lead change max in this game.

By the end, gets boring to watch. Welcome to seahawks late season football.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
After being on prime time the last 2 weeks, I could see this being a let down game and the Hawks showing up looking totally unprepared to play at the start, as they do far too often. The Eagles are a good team and I think it will be a close grinder of a game. As long as the Hawks don't start too poorly though, they should be able to win.

Hawks 24
Iggles 17

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
In games where the Iggles have played top ten defenses (by DVOA), Wentz is 43 for 75 for 502 yards with 1 TD and 4 picks. They won against the Vikings and lost to the Giants. Other than that they haven't played a defense above 15th by DVOA. For the year, Wentz has a TD to INT ratio of 1.8:1 (9:5). Their offense doesn't scare me at all and I expect to increase our TO differential this week. I also think we keep them out of the endzone.

Their defense is really good; DVOA #1, seventh in passing yards, thirteenth in rush yards. I think it will be a battle to score points, but with Russ healthier and Prosise looking good, I think we'll do okay.

We have to be careful not to give them any explosive plays on special teams.

Hawks 23
Iggles 9

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Beating the Patriots has the player's egos over inflated this week. They go into this game thinking all they have to do is show up and the Eagles will fly home crying.

Philly takes it to Seattle with a dominant pass rush led by Fletcher Cox. The offense has troubles getting anything going, resulting in too many short drives and a lopsided TOP.

Wentz picks the defense apart, dinking and dunking down the field. He plays a methodical game, leading his team to a hard fought victory.

Philadelphia 26 Seattle 23

RTD 2-7

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Rawls looks strong, but a touch rusty. Goes for 41 yards on 8 carries.

Prosise continues to impress with 75 yards rushing.

RW has another 300 yard game with 3 TD. One is Graham in the red zone.

Seahawks 34
Eagles 10

Record to date: 1-0-8

SeaChat

Reaction score
Against all common sense and all odds, I predicted Seahawks over NE, fully prepared for my serving of crow at the end of that one, thankfully, it was close and I didn't have to chow down on it that day.

The regular and expected interference from NY NFL Headquarters, was present and accounted for. In that game however, the Seahawks were ready for them, and as a result managed to beat both NY and NE in that game.

I bring the issue of the NY NFL's officiating practices up in this thread, because I think the outcome of this game will at very least be effected by their involvement, as has been case in every other Seahawk game this year.

The Seahawks preparedness to take on, not only the Philadelphia Eagles, who in their own right are a force to be reckoned with, will also need to have a game plan to offset the interference and impact that the NY NFL Headquarters, will have on the scoring.

Simply put, Seattle Seahawks need to plan to put plenty of extra points on the board, in order to defeat both the Eagles and the New York NFL officials.

I predict that the Seattle Seahawks will win this one easily, in spite of any interferences that may come. Seattle Seahawks are on fire and only going to get better from here on out this season. Final score Seahawks over the Eagles 43 - 20. I've got my crow in the freezer and will hopefully be able to keep it frozen the rest of this season to include the Super Bowl.

Go Seahawks !!!

Erebus

Reaction score
The Eagles defense on the road is average. They are giving up 24.4 points per game (compared to 9.5 ppg at home). The are averaging more than twice as many sacks at home (3.75) than on the road (1.8 ). However, they are much more consistent offensively. They haven't been held under 20 points all year, and only cracked 30 once. I like our offense's chances against their defense, and hopefully Wentz makes a mistake or two that we can capitalize on.

Seahawks 28
Eagles 23

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Seahawks 34
Eagles 9

Hawks hit the ground running. Rookie QB gets overwhelmed and starts turning the ball over. Our boy Troymaine Pope scores a TD.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have turned an important page and are putting it altogether at the right time. The Offense continues to blossom with equal contributions from Prosise and Rawls. Wilson continues his hot hand and distributes his passes to everyone. D will give up some yards but they won't break and young Wentz, as talented as he is, is going to be humbled in this game. A couple sacks for Clark and Avril each and Kam lights up anyone in his way.

Philly 23
Seahawks 30

RTD 5-3-1

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Eagles and Seahawks front fours give both QBs and Olines a hard time, but Seattle has the saltier defense and gives Wentz a night he'll want to forget.

27-10 Seattle

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":161fkzz4 said:
Seahawks 34
Eagles 9

Hawks hit the ground running. Rookie QB gets overwhelmed and starts turning the ball over. Our boy Troymaine Pope scores a TD.
Tight window but will do you a FG better.
Hawks 34
Beagles 6

This game has snowball written all over it.

RTD 6-2-1

Latest posts