Arizona didnt try

themunn

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1rmqaoxc said:
Since when does getting a guy back after being gone multiple weeks going to help? theyll be out of sync.

Terrell Owens
Superbowl XXXIX

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CoastalJuan":3i03q9y1 said:
BlueBlood":3i03q9y1 said:
I know that the NFL and ESPN machine is spinning how Arians and the Cardinals didnt try to win. That they played very vanilla and had nothing to play for. BS!!!

I mean, we all saw the game didnt we? Early deep throws, max protection, tried to run in multiple formations and some exotic wide receiver sets. They had absolutely no answer for the Hawks.

Just reading around the internet message boards for multiple teams, eson and nfl.com... Everyone is saying Arizona didnt even try. I mean, its kind of an insult and I think will only fuel the fire in the event of a rematch. If I was Arizona Id be worried about Washington.

[/i]

I can see it looking at the box score. AZ, a team that has no trouble scoring points, scored 0 after the half, at home. By halftime in Carolina, the score was 24-3. I mean, they put Drew Stanton in. Win or loss, they were locked in the 2 at that point.

it was 30-6 at halftime. They were locked in because their starters were getting killed, regardless of the Carolina score.

Largent80

Reaction score
Arizona DID TRY and got their asses kicked. Case closed, now let's move on to the playoff game this week.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1y2x7lfl said:
Seahwkgal":1y2x7lfl said:
Seahawk Sailor":1y2x7lfl said:
I could have sworn I saw Jim Harbaugh doing his "not trying" impersonation on the sidelines last Sunday, but no, it was Bruce Arians.

4JCINXy

:laugh:

Arians isn't near as entertaining as Jim. Not even close.

Nope. SuperJim was the bestest.

Superheroharbaugh

Uh....that is WonderJim.....Wonderwoman uni without the crown of course. LOL.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawkfan80":33wh24af said:
Seahawk Sailor":33wh24af said:
Seahwkgal":33wh24af said:
Seahawk Sailor":33wh24af said:
I could have sworn I saw Jim Harbaugh doing his "not trying" impersonation on the sidelines last Sunday, but no, it was Bruce Arians.

4JCINXy

:laugh:

Arians isn't near as entertaining as Jim. Not even close.

Nope. SuperJim was the bestest.

Superheroharbaugh

Uh....that is WonderJim.....Wonderwoman uni without the crown of course. LOL.

Hahaha, yeah my bad. Still, any excuse to use that wonderful gif ain't a bad one. Looking forward to seeing a few similar from Arians in the future.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3iuj7bvw said:

4JCINXy

Man I miss hating that d-bag... :D Great coach though.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawks46":2xtijwam said:
I don't care what everyone is saying. The Cardinals actually had more to play for than we did. They were playing for HFA throughout the entire playoffs, while we were already in the playoffs and 5th or 6th seed really didn't matter.

The other thing is that our team has a killer mentality in December. They understand what it takes to win in the post season and know how to turn on a winning attitude.

If Arizona (and their coaching staff !) don't understand this, it speaks to having more issues in the playoffs than beating us. They got their asses handed to them, then they have a week to stew over it. Then you're supposed to come out all fired up ? It's an issue with a ton of NFL teams that you can come out flat after a bye. You really don't want to go INTO a bye flat.
Great post! Of all the factors you mentioned, the last one is the big one -- Seattle is raging into the playoffs, whilst AZ is going in after a blowout loss at home with meaningful playoff implications.

GO HAWKS!

253hawk

Reaction score
Arians is pulling the 10-year-old-neighborhood-kid equivalent of "I let you win".

razor150

Reaction score
Not buying it. 1st two quarters they were playing for HFA, and they knew it. They didn't give up till the 2nd half when they were down 30 to 6 and the Panthers were well ahead of the Bucs.