Arizona didnt try

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I know that the NFL and ESPN machine is spinning how Arians and the Cardinals didnt try to win. That they played very vanilla and had nothing to play for. BS!!!

I mean, we all saw the game didnt we? Early deep throws, max protection, tried to run in multiple formations and some exotic wide receiver sets. They had absolutely no answer for the Hawks.

Just reading around the internet message boards for multiple teams, eson and nfl.com... Everyone is saying Arizona didnt even try. I mean, its kind of an insult and I think will only fuel the fire in the event of a rematch. If I was Arizona Id be worried about Washington.

From Chiefsplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC
Right now it is really hard to not say Seattle. Wilson is playing the best ball of any QB in the last 4-6 weeks and Seattle has that defense.

They'll also get Lynch back which will make them even more dangerous.

its easy for me to say Seattle will lose.
Since when does getting a guy back after being gone multiple weeks going to help? theyll be out of sync.
What defense does Seattle have? that one the Cards and Steelers and Rams and Panthers scored points on. They dont intimidate anyone anymore

they won the last two years with homefield advantage in the playoffs. This time they will unprepared on the road against a team getting 4 defensive starters back 2 weeks ago that Seattle already showed their hand to.

Inspector

Reaction score
Just ignore the doubters.

Arians was so upset I think his face was ready to pop. He looked like a blood blister. He expected a much different outcome and anyone that states otherwise didn't watch the game.

We always get sold short. Nothing new...

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Inspector":349lm1n1 said:
Just ignore the doubters.

Arians was so upset I think his face was ready to pop. He looked like a blood blister. He expected a much different outcome and anyone that states otherwise didn't watch the game.

We always get sold short. Nothing new...

"Arians face is always red when calling plays."

Yes, actually read that somewhere.. :177692:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I rewatched the game last night and when we were up 10-6 the Bucs were in the lead 3-0 over Carolina...That was the point when we started curb stomping them. I call BS on Arians. They were playing for the #1 seed at that point.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't care what everyone is saying. The Cardinals actually had more to play for than we did. They were playing for HFA throughout the entire playoffs, while we were already in the playoffs and 5th or 6th seed really didn't matter.

The other thing is that our team has a killer mentality in December. They understand what it takes to win in the post season and know how to turn on a winning attitude.

If Arizona (and their coaching staff !) don't understand this, it speaks to having more issues in the playoffs than beating us. They got their asses handed to them, then they have a week to stew over it. Then you're supposed to come out all fired up ? It's an issue with a ton of NFL teams that you can come out flat after a bye. You really don't want to go INTO a bye flat.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ajthqp1 said:
I rewatched the game last night and when we were up 10-6 the Bucs were in the lead 3-0 over Carolina...That was the point when we started curb stomping them. I call BS on Arians. They were playing for the #1 seed at that point.

Clearly!! Ive never seen such idiotic posts after a drubbing.

Arians was fired up, yelling and red faced. Fitz was beyond pissed at what he deemed was a blown call in which he felt interefered with. On the play the pass was intercepted and he, Arians and Palmer were all very angry. I didnt see any smiles on that sideline. They were smashed, crushed, ruined.

Now all theyre doing is fanning the flame with all this non sense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Arians HAD to say that, because the alternative is we destroyed them at full strength and focus...........and he can't go there.

You can't tell me a team playing for the #1 seed, HFA throughout the playoffs and a chance to destroy their most hate rival = didn't try. Sorry Bruce.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I dont like Arians. Relies on working the refs or players (Fitz) to create a penalty for free yards. i.e. Fitz and ET, and ET put his hands up smartly.

He's pissed because the refs were playing into his bs like they did when we last met and they kept key 3rd downs alive for them. Screw him, and It slightly saddens me because I used to really like Fitz, but if thats how he wants to play now but getting free yards off cheap penalties then no thanks, I'll respect what he's done before BA became coach for AZ, but nothing more. Cards can go pound sand while rubbing BA's red face waiting for it to blow.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
JPatera76":nr2e2to8 said:
I dont like Arians. Relies on working the refs or players (Fitz) to create a penalty for free yards. i.e. Fitz and ET, and ET put his hands up smartly.

He's pissed because the refs were playing into his bs like they did when we last met and they kept key 3rd downs alive for them. Screw him, and It slightly saddens me because I used to really like Fitz, but if thats how he wants to play now but getting free yards off cheap penalties then no thanks, I'll respect what he's done before BA became coach for AZ, but nothing more. Cards can go pound sand while rubbing BA's red face waiting for it to blow.

Pete Carroll is right there with him. Those two work the refs more than any coaches.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Seahawks are a wild card team this year and every national media outlet in the U.S. is pegging them as a favorite and the team that everyone truly needs to watch out for.

Stop trying to frame yourselves as victims or as unrespected. By this point the Seahawks have been too good and too celebrated for too long for it to come off as anything but delusional, petty, and unbecoming.

Christ, guys. Put away the imaginary fainting couches and just try to enjoy the ride. :lol:

[This message brought to you by the fan of a team that was amazing for a long time before before sucking for a long, long time]

JPatera76

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2fxe0n4j said:
JPatera76":2fxe0n4j said:

Pete Carroll is right there with him. Those two work the refs more than any coaches.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":r34pr1rg said:
The Seahawks are a wild card team this year and every national media outlet in the U.S. is pegging them as a favorite and the team that everyone truly needs to watch out for.

Stop trying to frame yourselves as victims or as unrespected. By this point the Seahawks have been too good and too celebrated for too long for it to come off as anything but delusional, petty, and unbecoming.

Christ, guys. Put away the imaginary fainting couches and just try to enjoy the ride. :lol:

[This message brought to you by the fan of a team that was amazing for a long time before before sucking for a long, long time]

You might be right... but this is our party, damn it!

Don't you have pod casts of Jed York to listen to or something...?

253hawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3qqs9o11 said:
"Arians face is always red when calling plays."

Yes, actually read that somewhere.. :177692:

That's one hell of an acting job then. Going to be another Oscar-less year for Leonardo DiCaprio.

Yeah, let's intentionally lay a complete egg in front of our home crowd while trying for the #1 seed and go into the playoffs on the tail end of an ass-whooping. Please.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2387980d said:

how are we playing the no respect card by calling arians out on his obvious bullshit?

Polaris

Reaction score
Ramfan128":26onfyy2 said:
JPatera76":26onfyy2 said:

Which explains why the Seahawks are league leaders in both first downs and yards granted by penalty......

OH wait! THEY AREN'T.

In fact the Seahawks for the past two years have been dead last and it's not really close. In fact the penalty disparity (sometimes called 'penalty luck') of the Seahawks has been the worst in the NFL and it's a disparity that's both measureable and disturbing.

OTOH, the Cardinals at or near the top of the league in both. Don't make the comparison. It doesn't fit the facts.

Jac

Reaction score
Hawks46":3krmnsg8 said:
If Arizona (and their coaching staff !) don't understand this, it speaks to having more issues in the playoffs than beating us. They got their asses handed to them, then they have a week to stew over it. Then you're supposed to come out all fired up ? It's an issue with a ton of NFL teams that you can come out flat after a bye. You really don't want to go INTO a bye flat.

That's where their logic falls apart. That means by the time they kickoff, their last great game of football will have been played three weeks ago. Nearly a month! And if it's the Redskins (which I think it will), it'll be against a dangerously hot team with nothing to lose...while they have everything in the world to lose. It doesn't make sense.

Also, good teams can play flat, bad teams can quit on their coach, but I don't recall ever hearing about a coaching staff not trying. I think the reality of this game happening in Week #17--after expectations had already been set over the past 16 weeks--has been too much for the media to figure out.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":mnj842u1 said:
Popeyejones":mnj842u1 said:

You might be right... but this is our party, damn it!

Don't you have pod casts of Jed York to listen to or something...?

:lol: :lol:

Point taken.

And not that I think it ultimatelly matters, but somehow, someway good old Jed sounded less delusional yesterday than I've ever heard him sound before. Things are looking up!