Arizona didnt try

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
My take: it was a typical Week 17 matchup. Many of the AZ starters were out at halftime, and it was clear by that point that the Panthers were going to win (24-3 vs. the Bucs). I really wouldn't read too much into this W. Sure, we played well, but we played harder for a reason. Knowing that AZ might play us soon enough, they weren't going to go all out or risk injuring Palmer (easily their offensive lynchpin). I'm not trying to cast aspersions on our playoff hopes - this post doesn't concern them - but this was essentially a Week 17/Preseason game feel for me. It's why everyone's Fantasy league stops in Week 16.

I haven't read any pundits on this, honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they're saying.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3i5bwvdz said:
The Seahawks are a wild card team this year and every national media outlet in the U.S. is pegging them as a favorite and the team that everyone truly needs to watch out for.

Stop trying to frame yourselves as victims or as unrespected. By this point the Seahawks have been too good and too celebrated for too long for it to come off as anything but delusional, petty, and unbecoming.

Christ, guys. Put away the imaginary fainting couches and just try to enjoy the ride. :lol:

We're Seahawks fans. Nailing ourselves to the cross is in our DNA. We are positively neurotic in our need for recognition.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Polaris":1kx7wlz7 said:
Ramfan128":1kx7wlz7 said:
JPatera76":1kx7wlz7 said:
I dont like Arians. Relies on working the refs or players (Fitz) to create a penalty for free yards. i.e. Fitz and ET, and ET put his hands up smartly.

He's pissed because the refs were playing into his bs like they did when we last met and they kept key 3rd downs alive for them. Screw him, and It slightly saddens me because I used to really like Fitz, but if thats how he wants to play now but getting free yards off cheap penalties then no thanks, I'll respect what he's done before BA became coach for AZ, but nothing more. Cards can go pound sand while rubbing BA's red face waiting for it to blow.

Pete Carroll is right there with him. Those two work the refs more than any coaches.

Which explains why the Seahawks are league leaders in both first downs and yards granted by penalty......

OH wait! THEY AREN'T.

In fact the Seahawks for the past two years have been dead last and it's not really close. In fact the penalty disparity (sometimes called 'penalty luck') of the Seahawks has been the worst in the NFL and it's a disparity that's both measureable and disturbing.

OTOH, the Cardinals at or near the top of the league in both. Don't make the comparison. It doesn't fit the facts.

I wasn't saying it meant anything or made a difference - I just always see Arians and Carroll bitching to the refs. Lots of coaches do....I just see them doing it more than some others. Seems like every play they have to say something.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well, Carroll has some justification in doing so if you look at the penalty disparity. Whenever teams play Seattle, their penalties committed drops way below their season average.

ava

Reaction score
I reluctantly and logically have to agree with all the comments here. I want to believe that AZ didn't try too hard (and they did not look like the team I watched all season) but at the end of the day, even though I don't think anyone believes there was any sort of real chance at number 1 seed, they surely wanted the record to reflect 14-2 and to sweep Seattle. In all fairness I think Seattle wanted it much more. After being embarrassed by the Rams in the Clink the sleeping giant was awakened. The beast was poked and angry. I think AZ laid an egg. AZ should thank Seattle for the wake up call just like some here thanked the Rams. I have little doubt they we will clear the divisional round; and if we don't I have already stated I am heading for the Grand Canyon to pull a "Thelma and Louise".!!! If we do meet in the NFC championship game it will be a battle royale. Seattle did look very, very good last Sunday.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ava":2ib42wrj said:
I have little doubt they we will clear the divisional round; and if we don't I have already stated I am heading for the Grand Canyon to pull a "Thelma and Louise".!!!

Wait! Before driving into oblivion, come over and at least try out the good side of the force. It's worth living for as Hawk Fans!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Inspector":efm8vsfu said:
Just ignore the doubters.

Arians was so upset I think his face was ready to pop. He looked like a blood blister. He expected a much different outcome and anyone that states otherwise didn't watch the game.

We always get sold short. Nothing new...

That is BS they were trying to get the number one seed. looks on there faces said it all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Zona tried and was whupped before half the second quarter was over.The Panther game wasn't even close to being a win for them at that point.The Cards are exposed it's that simple

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ramfan128":em1n75bf said:
JPatera76":em1n75bf said:
I dont like Arians. Relies on working the refs or players (Fitz) to create a penalty for free yards. i.e. Fitz and ET, and ET put his hands up smartly.

He's pissed because the refs were playing into his bs like they did when we last met and they kept key 3rd downs alive for them. Screw him, and It slightly saddens me because I used to really like Fitz, but if thats how he wants to play now but getting free yards off cheap penalties then no thanks, I'll respect what he's done before BA became coach for AZ, but nothing more. Cards can go pound sand while rubbing BA's red face waiting for it to blow.

Pete Carroll is right there with him. Those two work the refs more than any coaches.
:laugh:
Go away you fan of the Dirtiest cheap shot combo Fisher/Williams. Arians may be a red faced whiny cry baby bull shitter but he is not dirty.

Speaking of Arians:
He has taken over the Harbitch role of whining but isn't near as entertaining as Jim was. God I miss that bozo in our division. I just get to watch him coach my favorite college team now.

Carroll, Arians, Harbaugh: All great coaches
Fisher and Co: Horrible coaches who can only win with dirty play.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1zwy0k9f said:
I could have sworn I saw Jim Harbaugh doing his "not trying" impersonation on the sidelines last Sunday, but no, it was Bruce Arians.

4JCINXy

:laugh:

Arians isn't near as entertaining as Jim. Not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
I wasn't saying it meant anything or made a difference - I just always see Arians and Carroll bitching to the refs. Lots of coaches do....I just see them doing it more than some others. Seems like every play they have to say something.

Says a fan from the Dirtiest team in football that in truth is probably right when we are playing the Rams, every play is a chance to increase the bounty pool so yes Pete probably has something to say.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I should of stayed away from the Cardinals forum.....

I was at the Rams game and if I remember correctly we dominated that game. We just didn’t win. Several key things happened that caused us to lose. In fact, if I recall, 9 very strange things happened that caused us to lose. Any one of those things doesn’t happen (even with the other 8 going against us) and we probably win that game.

Yes, Rams are tough but Seattle sucks.

So by that logic, we should of won the game against the Rams as well if one of those things didn't happen.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2lv77djo said:
JPatera76":2lv77djo said:

Ram fans must understand:
Keeping Fisher is BA-A-A-A-A-A-D!
Your Dirty DC is BA-A-A-A-AD!
Playing aggressive yet finishing last in yards is BA-A-A-AD!
Losing to ninners is :oops:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JPatera76":1o17lvwa said:

Exactly. This is exactly how the Cards keep their offense on the field and inflate their numbers. I have seen this act from Arians since taking over. Fitz runs straight into ET, creates the contact and expects the call. BA is always going Code Red on officials and is the kind of guy that applauds getting the induced penalty. Earl is smart for raising both his hands in that scenario.

Example for proof, earlier Lockett ran at a DB, then tried to break and was penalized for essentially the same thing that Fitz wasn't called for in OPI, yet they are crying about contact. It is systematic and I can see it coming a mile away since the 2013 season. When the Hawks are executing on offense like they were on Sunday it removes the issue entirely. Palmer had one drive of success and it wasn't vanilla. The Cards are far too good on offense to give 3rd and 4th chances by converting 3rd downs on penalty. Keeping them on the sidelines takes the wind out their momentum and their comfort zone.

BA is an arse, ANY coach would have played lights out for HFA if they had a chance and that entire first half they had a chance. The Hawks pounded them to the sidelines and only then did he pull his precious gem. The Cards sure played a lot of max protect and had movement for a team playing Vanilla. HFA is a valuable prize for every team.

chris98251

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":k3qj8cuz said:
JPatera76":k3qj8cuz said:

Exactly. This is exactly how the Cards keep their offense on the field and inflate their numbers. I have seen this act from Arians since taking over. Fitz runs straight into ET, creates the contact and expects the call. BA is always going Code Red on officials and is the kind of guy that applauds getting the induced penalty. Earl is smart for raising both his hands in that scenario.

Example for proof, earlier Lockett ran at a DB, then tried to break and was penalized for essentially the same thing that Fitz wasn't called for in OPI, yet they are crying about contact. It is systematic and I can see it coming a mile away since the 2013 season. When the Hawks are executing on offense like they were on Sunday it removes the issue entirely. Palmer had one drive of success and it wasn't vanilla. The Cards are far too good on offense to give 3rd and 4th chances by converting 3rd downs on penalty. Keeping them on the sidelines takes the wind out their momentum and their comfort zone.

BA is an arse, ANY coach would have played lights out for HFA if they had a chance and that entire first half they had a chance. The Hawks pounded them to the sidelines and only then did he pull his precious gem. The Cards sure played a lot of max protect and had movement for a team playing Vanilla. HFA is a valuable prize for every team.

Or maybe Arians is sly like a Fox, probably thinks he will get more support playing away games.

file.php

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":3hc66owz said:
loafoftatupu":3hc66owz said:
JPatera76":3hc66owz said:

Or maybe Arians is sly like a Fox, probably thinks he will get more support playing away games.

file.php
Guess that plan backfired also since we're going to take care of Carolina for him before our tilt in Glendale January 24th or so. That's if Washington doesn't just match them score for score and really embarrass the NFL like it deserves for years coming.

CoastalJuan

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2uysb102 said:
I know that the NFL and ESPN machine is spinning how Arians and the Cardinals didnt try to win. That they played very vanilla and had nothing to play for. BS!!!

I mean, we all saw the game didnt we? Early deep throws, max protection, tried to run in multiple formations and some exotic wide receiver sets. They had absolutely no answer for the Hawks.

Just reading around the internet message boards for multiple teams, eson and nfl.com... Everyone is saying Arizona didnt even try. I mean, its kind of an insult and I think will only fuel the fire in the event of a rematch. If I was Arizona Id be worried about Washington.

[/i]

I can see it looking at the box score. AZ, a team that has no trouble scoring points, scored 0 after the half, at home. By halftime in Carolina, the score was 24-3. I mean, they put Drew Stanton in. Win or loss, they were locked in the 2 at that point.