Votes: 3 4.8%
  • This is Waldron

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • We should of kept dangerwich

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

minormillikin

Reaction score
We don't have a good qb on the roster and I don't think it makes a difference who starts.

That said, Pete or Waldron or someone must really think Lock is horrible and worse than Geno, because today would have been the perfect chance to give Geno a break to heal.

renofox

Reaction score
I think Geno Smith could be salvaged with a real coach .
What Geno really needs is a good O-line.

He is one of the worst QBs under pressure I have ever seen, and he is often under pressure due to bad line play AND his slow processing.

Give him consistent protection and he could be a good QB.

Just not a fit for PC's Seahawks, who don't have a clue how to build a strong line on either side of the ball.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He’s regressed. However, opposing teams have figured him out. Any team with a competent DC will be able to shut him down. Geno is starting to exhibit rookie like skills. He’s locking into one receiver, holding ball too long, and sitting in the pocket while it’s caving in.

flv2

Reaction score
Forget the fancy maxim...

Ask yourself this. Honestly.

Is Geno Smith worth the 2024 31.2 million dollar cap hit?

I think we could find someone who drops, tucks, and falls every third down for far cheaper.
You're asking the wrong question, (but being concerned about cap hits will do that). Smith is due $22.5M next season - is he worth that? The rest is previously spent money now being accounted for.

James in PA

Reaction score
Geno has finally written back.

"Dear 12's,

"Thank you for your support over these past 2 seasons, but as you can see I'm clearly a career back up. When the other team blitzes, it makes me feel like a deer in the headlights. But sacks are ok. Always.

Sincerely,
Geno"

rjdriver

Reaction score
You're asking the wrong question, (but being concerned about cap hits will do that). Smith is due $22.5M next season - is he worth that? The rest is previously spent money now being accounted for.
Good to know... Thanks. I'm horrible at this cap stuff. If he plays in 2024, he will still count 31.2 millon against the cap right? If we cut him, it's far less no?

JPatera76

Reaction score
I wrote geno back.. told him he needs to pay up or write back!

Geno's.... NOT worth the 22.5m imo. I'd rather go after at least Cousins tbh.

cymatica

Reaction score
What Geno really needs is a good O-line.

He is one of the worst QBs under pressure I have ever seen, and he is often under pressure due to bad line play AND his slow processing.

Give him consistent protection and he could be a good QB.

Just not a fit for PC's Seahawks, who don't have a clue how to build a strong line on either side of the ball.
In other words, he would look pretty good in SF with a good oline and a coach that actually knows how to call an offense.

flv2

Reaction score
Good to know... Thanks. I'm horrible at this cap stuff. If he plays in 2024, he will still count 31.2 millon against the cap right? If we cut him, it's far less no?
He's due to count $31.2M but the Seahawks could manipulate it to move as $17M of that cap figure down the road without Smith taking a pay cut. Thus the current 2024 cap hit isn't any sort of meaningful gauge. Is he worth the $22.5M is the much better question because whatever the team pays him will have to be accounted for eventually.

BamKam

Reaction score
It’s pointless to complain about Geno. We can get rid of him after this year and be fine. He isn’t locked into a 10 year contract. It doesn’t really matter.

This team offensive line depth is hilariously sad. Until that gets addressed it really doesn’t matter who our QB is.

flv2

Reaction score
To better answer the question there's $17.4M that Smith has been paid that hasn't yet been accounted for. $8.7M of that is due to be accounted for in 2024 and that amount is set in stone. The remaining $8.7M is due to be accounted for in 2025. They can't move that later figure back any further but they could bring it forward into 2024 if they moved on from Smith. Any decision to move on from Smith would have to come before the new, (2024), season so the team couldn't avoid the acceleration by designating the release as a Post June 1 cut.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Salvaged into what? Not disagreeing, asking.

Salvaged into a guy who has some quicker reads and takes a few less sacks? I agree, sure.

Salvaged into a deep playoff run QB who can consistently play at a top ten level? Dubious.
Yeah , that's exactly what I was talking about. A serviceable quick read guy supported by a real running game. Keep him out of trouble

CactusJack

Reaction score
Geno isn't the guy long-term. So yes, we need to find his replacement.

Latest posts