Are You Rocking a New or Old Jersey for the 2016 Season?

Are you going to buy a new jersey this season or go with the old tried and true?

• Yes, I want to get a new jersey (read my comment on who it will be)

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • No, I am staying with my tried and true.

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

pmedic920

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3hyrirxd said:
I want a blue retro jersey with a number 12 and the name "HOLY CATFISH" on it.

I have no idea how I'm going to make this happen.

Did you see my post above, the one that I mentioned "Seattle Tackle Twill"?
They will make you a name plate. They are top notch at what they do.
Just find the retro #12 (should not be hard) name on back won't matter, contact STT and get the plate made. You can have it sewn on any place near your home.

Hope this helps :{)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chappy,
I can only say this, it's not that the "games" are bad.
It's that the others are Tons better.
Obviously that's my simple opinion.

YMMV :{)

Chapow

Reaction score
pmedic920":2hc4qk9w said:
Chappy,
I can only say this, it's not that the "games" are bad.
It's that the others are Tons better.
Obviously that's my simple opinion.

YMMV :{)

Roger that.

I mean, I guess I can see throwing down an extra 50 if you're already spending 100 if it is in fact that much higher quality, but an extra 200? Nah, just won't do it.

And like you, that's just my opinion.

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Several years ago at a game giveaway, I got this lime green Hawks shirt with a logo on the front and a 12 on the back. I wear it no matter what else I wear, they won both NFCCG when I had it on. Early in the year before it gets cold, I wear my Lofa #51 jersey then my new school Seahawk sweatshirt. But always the lime green shirt, even with the tear on it. Not that I am a fan of the lime green look, but I am superstitious.

crosfam

Reaction score
I've recently "upgraded" to a couple new Seahawk polo shirts, so I can wear one of them to work every week or so year-round. They stand out here in Cowboy/Bronco country (Albuquerque, NM). During the season I often wear jerseys on Friday if no meetings are scheduled, and often on game Sunday. I have so many that my wife glares at me every time I think about getting a new one. But a new green Color Rush jersey - will do.

Inventory:

1. Blue 1985 Largent throwback
2. White 1985 Largent Throwback
3. Older White "80" custom throwback, "Fan" on back.

4. Gunmetal Blue Holmgren era jersey, 12 Fan
5. White Holmgren era jersey, 12 Fan
6. Green one-time jersey, 12 Fan

7. Current Blue jersey, 12 Fan, cheap SB49 patch sewn on (I should have just coughed up the dough for an authentic SB49 jersey, and passed this one down)
8. Current White jersey, 25 Sherman, with SB48 patch, authentic SB edition
9. Current Grey Jersey, 3 Wilson, with SB48 patch, SB edition

The Mitchell & Ness 1985 throwbacks get the most positive reviews from friends. The Holmgren era jersey are my favorite because of the material. But wearing the SB patch is priceless. Color rush will be #10, the next SB will be #11.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
My family has a few "Games" of the current gen and they have held up really well. The silk screening seems thick and of high quality. All silk screened products hold up much better if briefly tumbled at low heat and then hung up to finish drying in my experience.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
djb28":32j5ridb said:
I know a guy who is a HUGE Prince fan. He took that death like it was a family member. Anyway, I decided to make him a gift. Photo shopped a nice Prince image. Purchased an old Electric Light Orchestra "Purple" 45 record. and made a Purple Rain sticker to replace the ELO. I then put it all nice in a frame and mounted it for him.

He was floored that someone would do that for him for no particular reason. I just knew he was a mega fan.

So, Flash to last Friday. He stops in my shop and tells me to go out to his car and pop the trunk.
In it a signed Alexander 37 Jersey, white and a Rufus Porter throw back jersey.

He is also a huge "NFL" fan. He owns at least 1,000 jerseys. He said. "yours, I retired them!"

That was cool! So I have been rocking My Rufus jersey all week. Alexander will get framed.

I am now on a throwback kick and will be getting a B Blades and W Moon

People never know what will happen with a great gift. You ROCKED his heart. Good on you. Peace.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":12gyinhb said:
My family has a few "Games" of the current gen and they have held up really well. The silk screening seems thick and of high quality. All silk screened products hold up much better if briefly tumbled at low heat and then hung up to finish drying in my experience.
A wonderful .Netter bought me a Tyler Lockett Priceline jersey. I never asked for such a thing but sure do appreciate it. Anyway the exact instructions are to wash it and let it air dry. I was completely set to get my one jersey by opening day and now I have the chance to have a home and away jersey. Late August is plenty of time to have either 150.00 or even 300.00 dollars to drop on a jersey if I can convince myself in the latter case. So I'll probably stick with the 149.99 level going forward once a year. 299.99 is pretty excessive in my opinion.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
I need to find a place to get customizable throwbacks.

I customized an old school jersey with my name and 12 before the steel blue came out, was seriously considering getting my favorite player and didn't.

Want to go back and correct that mistake.

Old blue or steel blue would work.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I'd like to think I'm good on jerseys, but we will see. For sure want a green color rush jersey. Considering a Wilson jersey. Rawls or Michael would be cool too.

Side note: I find the game jerseys to be more comfortable. Scared to wash them, lol, but they are comfortable!

Jerseys from most recent on:

- Home Lynch game jersey (Christmas present)
- Away Lynch game jersey (Christmas present)
- Home Tarvaris Jackson custom game jersey
- Home Chancellor game jersey (birthday gift)
- Away Sherman jersey (had to, after NFC championship game. Also, I felt superstitious and felt like I needed an away jersey, as I gave away my knock-off away Lynch jersey)
- Home Hasselbeck Reebok stitched jersey (Christmas gift via ebay)
- Wolf grey Lynch limited jersey (birthday gift right before 2013 preseason game against the Broncos)
- Black 12 fan knockoff jersey (gift)
- Home Flynn limited jersey (bought right before 2012 playoffs. They were discounted!)
- Home Largent knockoff jersey (Christmas gift)
- Lime green Hasselbeck screenprint Reebok jersey (bought for cheap two weeks after Beast Quake game)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
How about I spent $300 for my Elite Beast Mode Jersey and I don't want to spend another $300 on a new Jersey or replace it with one of lesser quality just because he retired.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Taehwk":2bsx2si6 said:
I am thinking about getting my first ever jersey. But I have no idea on the differences between the regular jerseys at $99 the limited at $149 and the elites at $249 to $299 - can anyone fill me in? Also how do they fit ? Don't know if I should order a size larger or what? I really want a Lynch jersey but hesitant to grab it because he is retired. Thanks in advance for the help!

$100 Screen Print - Fine as long as you always wash it inside out and hang dry so the numbers don't crack. Really recommend this washing technique for any jersey.
$150 Same as above but stitched name and numbers - by far best bang for the buck.
$300 - Stretchy performance material, slightly tighter cut, higher quality stitched numbering (and larger). Looks the best, great if you have $300, but not really worth the extra $150 compared to the next step down. I bought this one though.

Note on Elites: The Shoulder Tack is very thick and even washing inside out and hang drying, eventually it will crack. I've been through TWO elites that suffered this issue and due to this, I have tried to avoid washing my 3rd Elite jersey unless absolutely necessary. Something to note if you get an elite, wear an undershirt so you can get away with not washing it as often.

If you like your jerseys loose, the Elite ($300) buy a size up). Since Marshawn retired a Hawk, I think having his jersey even after he retired is fine. Although you may want to wait for the clearance sale (if it's not on clearance yet).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I never buy jerseys, but some people I worked with bought me a Lynch jersey back in 2012, so I wear that from time to time. It's a legit NFL jersey, but I wish it had the individual stitching on it. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain about a jersey that was given to me.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my Tjack jersey (purchased a few years ago for $10) has lost its campy appeal. I need another ironic jersey.
Who is the new long snapper?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
minormillikin":2nrpiveu said:
Unfortunately, my Tjack jersey (purchased a few years ago for $10) has lost its campy appeal. I need another ironic jersey.
Who is the new long snapper?
Probably find out after training camp.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I got a Wolf Grey Earl Thomas jersey for my birthday in June. That's what I'll be rocking.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":29dvlvdd said:
300.00 for one? Hmm....blue or white I love both colors but white would drive the dagger deeper for those in the know at my workplace. But at that price I can only afford one this season. So give me a quick vote Lockett or Thomas? I do have a huge bias for anybody that went to college here and was my Adopt A Rookie last year. 8)
The limited (sewn on #'s and name) are worth the extra $50 over the silk screened stuff (and the wolf grey with the sewn on numbers really pop). Also if you want your jerseys to last longer don't put them in the dryer, let them drip dry.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3798jq1p said:
MizzouHawkGal":3798jq1p said:
300.00 for one? Hmm....blue or white I love both colors but white would drive the dagger deeper for those in the know at my workplace. But at that price I can only afford one this season. So give me a quick vote Lockett or Thomas? I do have a huge bias for anybody that went to college here and was my Adopt A Rookie last year. 8)
The limited (sewn on #'s and name) are worth the extra $50 over the silk screened stuff (and the wolf grey with the sewn on numbers really pop). Also if you want your jerseys to last longer don't put them in the dryer, let them drip dry.
I got 2 main things.....

1. Inside out
2. Air dry

Do this and there should be no issues.

Latest posts