Are we all ready for the friendly confines of Lambeau Field?

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
There was a program by NFL Films about it I caught last year. Really interesting and boy it was costly.

Irks me the NFL pushed them to do that but don't force Snider to do something with the field at Washington D.C.

:les:

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
NYCoug":2fi62xf5 said:
Aros":2fi62xf5 said:
One of my favorite Seahawks memories was going to Lambeau Field in November of 1999. Holmgren's first trip back to Green Bay with his new team. Monday Night Football. Electric. We spanked the Packers real good. Shawn Springs returned a blocked FG attempt for a TD. One obnoxious Packers fan was giving me tons of shit. The more drunk he became, the louder and worse the insults. Finally, two Packers fans sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry about him. Your revenge is on the scoreboard."

We few Seahawks fans were looked at going in and out of the game as if we landed from Mars off of a spaceship but they were all cool, relaxed fans.

[youtube]XD0l0UidLqQ[/youtube]

There ya go Todd, so you can take a trip down memory lane. That must have been a great game to be at!

A few things...

1) I had a horrible thought when I saw Springs pick up the blocked field goal and take it to the house. It reminded me of the Sherman blocked FG return TD against the Niners. It's the only time I ever want to compare Shawn Springs and Richard Sherman.

2) Lamar King sighting! That blocked FG was probably the highlight of his NFL career.

3) Tez!

4) What amazing catches by Dawkins and Mayes. On the Mayes TD catch, it's almost like Jon Kitna channeled into the future and was the embodiment of Russell Wilson. Moves the pocket, reverses field a bit, fires a rocket a bit to high but the WR has an out-of-body experience and makes a highlight reel grab. Come to think of it, this game back in 1999 was very 2013 Seahawks. Defense and special teams making plays all night, guys levitating and having the games of their lives on prime-time. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the preseason game on Friday was a lot like this game in 1999.

Excellent story and experience Todd. I'm hoping the Hawks treat me to a few of those this season on the road, San Francisco perhaps? Wouldn't that be lovely.

EDIT: Totally missed the fact that Hass even came in at the end of the game for the Pack! What a crazy game to have been at!

5. The hysterically funny part after Springs scores and start dancing, Matt runs up to him and pushes him away and gets flagged for it

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Decimation":3c8krwuq said:
I know it's preseason and all, but we're going to destroy them.

Wouldn't it be ironic it we beat them 50-10. We've already beaten SD 30-10 and Denver 40-10.

Was 31-10, shoulda been 41-10

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":37cmy3t9 said:
Most Packers fans are going to be so drunk and full of bratwurst and cheese that by the time the gates open that you might just see an extended nap in the stands.

What?

Or, they'll be farting so much they can't even stand watching the game... :roll: