Are we all ready for the friendly confines of Lambeau Field?

The Radish

Reaction score
Don't expect a warm welcome there. And tho we got lots of penaltys last night it might be worse there.

First off in Denvers defense they moved up and down the field when they were clicking and showed how easy they can make it look while holding our first team offense pretty well.

Any time a team gets smacked twice in a game like they did having a sure TD and a kickoff returned for our TDs its going to affect how your team plays. Those 2 plays put the game,(especially a preseason game) out of reach.

I am glad to see that our D & special teams are ready to step up and hold the offense up if they struggle a bit.

Ya think the Green Bay fans might be ready for us? I think we might get the 12th man treatment there. I know they are still feeling we robbed them of that game at our house last year yet the more you see that play the more you realize it was not really a bad call. They think it was bad because calls like that aren't supposed to go against the mighty Pack.

Green Bay was my first football love and it continued right up to them winning that last SB via 2 kick/punt returns for TDs by Devin Hester. (Farve was not very visible in that game) But they acted like such hoodlums that game it turned me off of them forever.

And their actions here last season further blackened their reputations for me. What a bunch of whiners they were over a close call that didn't go their way. Refuse to come out of the locker room? What a bunch of little kids who lost their ice cream cone.

I hope some fan doesn't do something stupid.

And please stop blaming us for something a referee did.

Go Hawks!

:les:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I will be there. 50yard line. 37th row. Seahawks sideline. And I have already been knifed once by a Packers fan.

Not much to worry about. They have great and friendly fans. It's preseason. They enjoy football. It will be a fun night. Abundant rations of shit? Yeah. I expect it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The Radish":1zdrdeaa said:
Green Bay was my first football love and it continued right up to them winning that last SB via 2 kick/punt returns for TDs by Devin Hester. (Farve was not very visible in that game) But they acted like such hoodlums that game it turned me off of them forever.

Devin Hester was a Packer? Okay.....

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
sorry Leif I thought one name and typed another.

Desmond Howard I believe it was?

Thanks for catching that.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Packer fans are awesome. I went to the play off game in the snow there. They were really nice.. except one guy who threatened me when the Seahawks started out winning 14-0 inside 5 minutes. But his wife made him apologize..and later when the Pack won he apologized for real.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting. Which group is more vocal: The Badger fans who still love Russell Wilson, or the losers who can't let last year's game go?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":10sfaob2 said:
It's going to be interesting. Which group is more vocal: The Badger fans who still love Russell Wilson, or the losers who can't let last year's game go?

Aren't the assholes almost always the most vocal in any group??

Living in Minneapolis, I can assure you all: there are many many Packers fans who absolutely LOVE Russell Wilson.

He is not the type of player you ever stop cheering for once you have started.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Radish":hnvswnoa said:
Don't expect a warm welcome there. And tho we got lots of penaltys last night it might be worse there.

First off in Denvers defense they moved up and down the field when they were clicking and showed how easy they can make it look while holding our first team offense pretty well.

Any time a team gets smacked twice in a game like they did having a sure TD and a kickoff returned for our TDs its going to affect how your team plays. Those 2 plays put the game,(especially a preseason game) out of reach.

I am glad to see that our D & special teams are ready to step up and hold the offense up if they struggle a bit.

Ya think the Green Bay fans might be ready for us? I think we might get the 12th man treatment there. I know they are still feeling we robbed them of that game at our house last year yet the more you see that play the more you realize it was not really a bad call. They think it was bad because calls like that aren't supposed to go against the mighty Pack.

And their actions here last season further blackened their reputations for me. What a bunch of whiners they were over a close call that didn't go their way. Refuse to come out of the locker room? What a bunch of little kids who lost their ice cream cone.

I hope some fan doesn't do something stupid.

And please stop blaming us for something a referee did.

Go Hawks!

I thought our first team offense moved the ball pretty well against their first team defense for the most part.

ensett

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":tkrs05i1 said:

Probably the losers. Including the players. So many players on that team cried and whined in an explicit manner not only in the media, but on twitter too. Wouldnt be surprised to see them play dirty

Slick

Reaction score
I don't like Green Bay. They're the Boston Red Sox of the NFL: boorish, entitled, and full of bandwaggoners.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Based on how the pack fans reacted last fall it wasnt just the players who showed their immaturity. And without Clemons and Irvin there to remind him, Rogers will likely be more arrogant than ever.

vonstout

Reaction score
i live outside of Madison and talked to guys at work after "the call" last year. Several agreed that there were a lot of calls that went in the Packers favor that impacted the game too. We got the big breaks that game, but it still doesn't make up for the crap calls in the Superbowl vs Pitt! Everyone blew it out of proportion since the call was on the last play of the game, including ESPN.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think so but the hostile enviorment is gonna be a good test before week 1 and after what happend to the Broncos they don't wan't that happening at Lambeau field so they will play hard. i wan't to see Bruce Irvin,Cliff Avril and Tony McDaniel make it back for this game to see what the pass rush looks like with them in the mix.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well this will be as good as a road test as any could want, hostile environment with a team that has a chip on it's shoulder against us, regulars probably playing 2 and a half quarters at least.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Not worried, I hope they are still thinking about a game last year and we go in there and kick their butts.

...and TJ Lang still sucks.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Really, Pack fans have nothing to bitch about. Yeah that call went against them at the end of the third week. But we did them a bigger favor by beating the Niners in the second to last game of the season. We essentially handed them the second seed in the play-offs. All they had to do was beat Minnesota the following week and that would have given them a bye and a home game against the Niners. Their fate was in their hands after the gift we gave them and they blew it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my favorite Seahawks memories was going to Lambeau Field in November of 1999. Holmgren's first trip back to Green Bay with his new team. Monday Night Football. Electric. We spanked the Packers real good. Shawn Springs returned a blocked FG attempt for a TD. One obnoxious Packers fan was giving me tons of shit. The more drunk he became, the louder and worse the insults. Finally, two Packers fans sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry about him. Your revenge is on the scoreboard."

We few Seahawks fans were looked at going in and out of the game as if we landed from Mars off of a spaceship but they were all cool, relaxed fans.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Slick":3em7d5ly said:
I don't like Green Bay. They're the Boston Red Sox of the NFL: boorish, entitled, and full of bandwaggoners.

This.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The "cool thing" about this game is that "typically" the third pre-season game is the "tune-up" game before the season. Going on the road, hostile environment, nationally televised game. Good "test!"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've never uttered these words in my life, but this is a "must watch" pre-season game. Should be fun to see how the Packers and their fans react to the Hawks coming into Lambeau.

Also a great test for our bully mentality, because the Packers are going to try to be the one's intimidating with something to prove. So it'll be interesting to see that little side mind game going on.