Are we all ready for the friendly confines of Lambeau Field?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Not to mention we are going against someone other than a "weak" AFC West opponent and the AFC in general.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Most Packers fans are going to be so drunk and full of bratwurst and cheese that by the time the gates open that you might just see an extended nap in the stands.

What?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I hope Rodgers has the worst performance of his career and Sherm picks him twice just to make it as painful as possible for their fans at home. They deserve it...

Nothing better than to see Sherm waving goodbye to the GB fans with his well known "beat the traffic"...

NYCoug

Reaction score
Aros":2unuth34 said:
One of my favorite Seahawks memories was going to Lambeau Field in November of 1999. Holmgren's first trip back to Green Bay with his new team. Monday Night Football. Electric. We spanked the Packers real good. Shawn Springs returned a blocked FG attempt for a TD. One obnoxious Packers fan was giving me tons of shit. The more drunk he became, the louder and worse the insults. Finally, two Packers fans sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry about him. Your revenge is on the scoreboard."

We few Seahawks fans were looked at going in and out of the game as if we landed from Mars off of a spaceship but they were all cool, relaxed fans.

[youtube]XD0l0UidLqQ[/youtube]

There ya go Todd, so you can take a trip down memory lane. That must have been a great game to be at!

A few things...

1) I had a horrible thought when I saw Springs pick up the blocked field goal and take it to the house. It reminded me of the Sherman blocked FG return TD against the Niners. It's the only time I ever want to compare Shawn Springs and Richard Sherman.

2) Lamar King sighting! That blocked FG was probably the highlight of his NFL career.

3) Tez!

4) What amazing catches by Dawkins and Mayes. On the Mayes TD catch, it's almost like Jon Kitna channeled into the future and was the embodiment of Russell Wilson. Moves the pocket, reverses field a bit, fires a rocket a bit to high but the WR has an out-of-body experience and makes a highlight reel grab. Come to think of it, this game back in 1999 was very 2013 Seahawks. Defense and special teams making plays all night, guys levitating and having the games of their lives on prime-time. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the preseason game on Friday was a lot like this game in 1999.

Excellent story and experience Todd. I'm hoping the Hawks treat me to a few of those this season on the road, San Francisco perhaps? Wouldn't that be lovely.

EDIT: Totally missed the fact that Hass even came in at the end of the game for the Pack! What a crazy game to have been at!

grizbob

Reaction score
I want to see a Hail Mary by Rodgers at the end of the game picked off by Sherm and taken to the House :mrgreen:

Decimation

Reaction score
I know it's preseason and all, but we're going to destroy them.

Wouldn't it be ironic it we beat them 50-10. We've already beaten SD 30-10 and Denver 40-10.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Tate, PLEEEEEEASE score a TD, and take a bow. If the Cheesehead fans don't like, too flippen bad.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
NYCoug":23rwy9mi said:
Aros":23rwy9mi said:
One of my favorite Seahawks memories was going to Lambeau Field in November of 1999. Holmgren's first trip back to Green Bay with his new team. Monday Night Football. Electric. We spanked the Packers real good. Shawn Springs returned a blocked FG attempt for a TD. One obnoxious Packers fan was giving me tons of shit. The more drunk he became, the louder and worse the insults. Finally, two Packers fans sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry about him. Your revenge is on the scoreboard."

We few Seahawks fans were looked at going in and out of the game as if we landed from Mars off of a spaceship but they were all cool, relaxed fans.

There ya go Todd, so you can take a trip down memory lane. That must have been a great game to be at!

A few things...

1) I had a horrible thought when I saw Springs pick up the blocked field goal and take it to the house. It reminded me of the Sherman blocked FG return TD against the Niners. It's the only time I ever want to compare Shawn Springs and Richard Sherman.
I also had a very similar thought - especially with Al Michaels calling both!

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
bestfightstory":xwy5m8on said:
Waitasec...

Aros went to a road game?

Doesn't hardly seem possible does it? :D Hey and that was "after" Cindy. I'll bet he was trying to convince Shandon he was in New Joisey visiting him and was just taking a small side trip.

:th2thumbs:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I hate the Packers. My brother in law is a Packer fan and a complete over the top douche in every respect. There is never any fun type of trash talk banter. Even my wife hates them because of her brother. I used to follow them from afar but he fairly quickly ignited a hate in me for them.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Packers have no run game. Their O-line is a mess.

In their first two preseason games, they have run the ball 55 times for a total of 165 yards... for an average of only 3.0 yd./carry.

By comparison, the Hawks have run the ball 60 times for a total of 258 yards... for an average of 4.3 yd./carry.

The Packers should be thankful that Clemons, Irvin and Avril won't be playing this game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ensett":21cgnqsk said:
Trenchbroom":21cgnqsk said:
It's going to be interesting. Which group is more vocal: The Badger fans who still love Russell Wilson, or the losers who can't let last year's game go?

Probably the losers. Including the players. So many players on that team cried and whined in an explicit manner not only in the media, but on twitter too. Wouldnt be surprised to see them play dirty

This is my biggest worry. Packers throwing a few late hits and cheap shots and injuring someone important, especially after McCarthy has publicly questioned their toughness.

If we see a cheap shot, I'm betting we'll see hell unleashed as the LoB and our LBers are going to rip someone's head off. Also, they have an unproven rookie LT starting for them, so our guys might actually get home.

I'd also really love to see Tate dominate this game. A receiving TD and a return TD would be sick.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'm always slightly amused by Packers fans and whatever sense of entitlement they may have. I'm old enough to remember the pre Majkowski years - they were inept. It was like watching the Jets today.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a Whiny pair of panties, no joke. He's damn good, but he has the temperament of a hormonal teenage girl. That can throw perfect bullet passes into double coverage, etc.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mq3e2ok said:
Lambeau isn't hostile in August, lol.

Actually since they tore up their field and installed a water warming system the "frozen tundra" is a thing of the past.

Bet the stands aren't any warmer tho.

:les:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":3t214rcs said:
Actually since they tore up their field and installed a water warming system the "frozen tundra" is a thing of the past.

I was referring more to just if there's a blizzard happening at the time, but yeah, that new system they installed put an end to literally playing on ice.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fuqhhfx said:
The Radish":3fuqhhfx said:

I was referring more to just if there's a blizzard happening at the time, but yeah, that new system they installed put an end to literally playing on ice.
I read something of the opposite ...they installed freezing elements under the field so they can simulate the "Frozen Tundra" year round. I'll look for the link...
:sarcasm_off: