Are 49ers kinda getting the nod over us as SB favs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":36i4us5o said:
Please show me where I have ever promoted any of our draft picks. I haven't. I have stated repeatedly that draft picks are a crap shoot and making predictions of your team based on them is stupid.

Aaron Curry is still fresh on my mind just like Jenkins (as well as your entire 12 draft) should be fresh on yours.

Woah.

Defensive much? Just making the point that I wasn't making a huge leap with my draft assumptions.

The 2012 Niners draft thing is way overblown BTW. Its essentally all about Jenkins who didn't contribute. Thats disappointing, but its not like the entire draft was a bust. We'll see what Jenkins does this year.

James played quite well at the end of the year. He didn't get his shot till Hunter was hurt.
Looney was never gonna play and was essentially redshirted the same way Lattimore will be.
Several of their picks were traded away for picks this past year and is a big reason they had 15 of them at one point. BTW, they already have 10 next year and will probably end up with 11 or 12 after the compensatory picks hit. One is likely to be a 3 with the loss of Goldson and no big $$$ free agent signings. They 49ers also signed a number of players who were cut by their former teams and that isn't included in the compensatory pick formula.
The two OLBs they drafted were both injured in camp.

dunceface

Reaction score
Marvin49":1l5xqw0a said:
dunceface":1l5xqw0a said:
I think Kaep gets a bad rap as being one read but he needs to work on his progressions and his poise is not consistent yet
Don't try to tell me that you guys beat NE because of him
It was a sloppy game on both sides (fumbles and all) NE just played a sloppier game and STILL almost beat you guys
Kaep lucked out that his fumbles were recovered by you guys and NE played their sloppiest game in 5 years

Well...we might think that because despite his issues handling the ball in that wet, cold weather....

...he also threw 4 TDs and had a 108.5 QB rating.

Seriously? Your going to just discount the win in NE? Come on now...lets be reasonable.

Yes. Against one of the worst secondaries at the time but nice try

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

The Niners earned that prediction and even considering the fantastic offseason the Hawks had, the Niners didn't lose a lot and made some gains of their own.

Can the Hawks beat the Niners? Oh hell yes. But there are 14 other games to play and SF is going to be favored in most of them and they will likely win most of them. For now, the predictions of SF winning are warranted. I do believe that can change over the course of 2013.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
There you go Loaf, making sense and everything! ;)

Everybody on here (but you and me it seems) apparently believes that our two teams play each other 16 times next year and that we only need to beat each other to win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

The schedule I think is going to be the determining factor in who wins the division, and probably one of the reasons why we are favored to win it all. (Despite the fan popularity vote on "Predict the season" which I am sure hype has helped fuel the voting for you).

It is no secret that you guys drew the shortest straw when it comes to the schedule, and that might very well be the reason at the end of the season why you guys find yourselves scrambling for one of the extra playoff spots in the NFC again.

It doesn't really matter which of our two teams is better face to face, it matters how well each of our teams succeed against their respective schedules....except for our head to head matchups of course. ;)

But even that might not be enough for you guys as your road schedule well...SUCKS, and your five 10am games is going to be brutal.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2f4txeuy said:
But even that might not be enough for you guys as your road schedule well...SUCKS, and your five 10am games is going to be brutal.

No excuses. We win or we don't. Our team isn't going to go into the season thinking that way.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":5xbn1vx9 said:
NinerLifer":5xbn1vx9 said:

No excuses. We win or we don't. Our team isn't going to go into the season thinking that way.

Of course they don't, it's our job to complain for them. ;)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Guess we'll just have to beat the Niners three times if needed. That is very doable.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3k1yrqog said:
I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

The Niners earned that prediction and even considering the fantastic offseason the Hawks had, the Niners didn't lose a lot and made some gains of their own.

Can the Hawks beat the Niners? Oh hell yes. But there are 14 other games to play and SF is going to be favored in most of them and they will likely win most of them. For now, the predictions of SF winning are warranted. I do believe that can change over the course of 2013.
Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Giedi":u02w2lb8 said:
loafoftatupu":u02w2lb8 said:

Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Do tell, I haven't seen any real information being put out there so apparently they are only informing the Niner fan base?

Sorry, you may end up correct but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. You are simply hoping you don't have to face him and I can understand why but worse case scenario, we seen what Wilson could do in Atlanta when Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle so even without Lynch I am confident we can put a big fat W on the Niners.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":17alrg4v said:
Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Do tell, I haven't seen any real information being put out there so apparently they are only informing the Niner fan base?

Sorry, you may end up correct but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. You are simply hoping you don't have to face him and I can understand why but worse case scenario, we seen what Wilson could do in Atlanta when Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle so even without Lynch I am confident we can put a big fat W on the Niners.

He blew over the legal limit, so yes the evidence is clear he was driving drunk.

Our run D is one of the best in the league. However the only RB's who we have a hard time containing on a regular basis (in the past) is Lynch and Jax. If you guys are forced to have anybody but Lynch on the field, don't kid yourselves into thinking that its not going to cause your offense to appear one dimensional when going against our D instead of the balanced team that you are. And a rookie RB should not be cutting his teeth in the NFL against our run D and you know it.

You guys I am sure know very well that unless there is an elite RB standing next to an opposing QB, we tend to have a field day on the defensive side of the ball.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
IIRC he blew right at the legal limit but there are questions of why he was pulled over to begin with. Like Ron White says, they were prodiling, in fact they were pulling over every car that was driving down that particular sidewalk that night.

We will see how it plays out. Seems if it were a slam dunk case like you suggest, Goodell would have already been on it. I don't know how it will play out but there are definitely questions that need to be answered.

TJH

Reaction score
Man...Why is everyone here so obsessed with what the media thinks about us.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dunceface":yfo9gc9o said:
Marvin49":yfo9gc9o said:
dunceface":yfo9gc9o said:
I think Kaep gets a bad rap as being one read but he needs to work on his progressions and his poise is not consistent yet
Don't try to tell me that you guys beat NE because of him
It was a sloppy game on both sides (fumbles and all) NE just played a sloppier game and STILL almost beat you guys
Kaep lucked out that his fumbles were recovered by you guys and NE played their sloppiest game in 5 years

Well...we might think that because despite his issues handling the ball in that wet, cold weather....

...he also threw 4 TDs and had a 108.5 QB rating.

Seriously? Your going to just discount the win in NE? Come on now...lets be reasonable.

Yes. Against one of the worst secondaries at the time but nice try

...and what does that have to do with anything? You said Kaep wasn't the reason they won. I said Kaep had 4TDs and a rating of 108.5. What does the skill of the secondary have anything to do with this argument?

NEWSFLASH: The Pats don't have the best D in the NFL. That has nothing to do with the conversation.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3qotci4v said:

I couldn't agree more with that last line.

Thats what alot of people miss. The 'hawks are a tough matchup for the 49ers. The Niners struggle with offenses that feature big, bruising RBs (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson).

However....while the head to head is fun, there are 14 other games on the schedule and the 49ers last year were 8-2 outside the division.

This should be a fun year. ;-)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Giedi":1ev9923h said:
loafoftatupu":1ev9923h said:

To be honest, I hope he plays. I'd prefer both teams at full strength when they meet. We didn't get that last year. Not saying the game would have been dramatically different (no way to predict), but I'd have liked to see what would have happened in that game if Justin isn't out, Aldon isn't hurt, and Vernon isn't knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
The Seahawks weren't at full strength that game either. For example, they were starting a 6th round rookie at CB. I think it's hilarious how 9er fans constantly point to their injuries that game, but fail to recognize the same in their opponent. I can't remember a game in the NFL where both teams were at full strength. The December game wasn't even close, whatever excuse you want to make you feel better, go for it I guess, but losing by 30 points can't be handwaved away.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":10hmafil said:
The Seahawks weren't at full strength that game either. For example, they were starting a 6th round rookie at CB. I think it's hilarious how 9er fans constantly point to their injuries that game, but fail to recognize the same in their opponent. I can't remember a game in the NFL where both teams were at full strength. The December game wasn't even close, whatever excuse you want to make you feel better, go for it I guess, but losing by 30 points can't be handwaved away.

Missing my point. Where did I make an excuse? I even admitted it may not have made a difference.

Of course the 'hawks had injuries (and Browner was suspended). Who said any different?

I'm just saying I hope everyone plays for both teams. I started the post with saying I hope Lynch plays.

At least read what I said before you bust an attitude.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":dium1fwx said:
IIRC he blew right at the legal limit but there are questions of why he was pulled over to begin with. Like Ron White says, they were prodiling, in fact they were pulling over every car that was driving down that particular sidewalk that night.

We will see how it plays out. Seems if it were a slam dunk case like you suggest, Goodell would have already been on it. I don't know how it will play out but there are definitely questions that need to be answered.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/2/42 ... ension-dui

Police reported that he was seen swerving, and when his BAC was measured it was over the legal limit.

Lynch reportedly failed a field sobriety test and then blew above the .08 legal limit.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/07/1 ... rrest.html

Lynch was spotted by a police officer traveling on Interstate 880 about 3:20 am Saturday morning.

What is this "Sidewalk" that Ron White is refering to?

A breathalyzer test showed Lynch was OVER the states legal limit of 0.08

Asked what Lynch's blood alcohol content level was, Morgan indicated that the California Highway Patrol's policy is not to release the specific blood alcohol level reading for an individual that has been detained.

What report have you seen that actually shows what is BAC was? If he blew over 0.08 once at the police station, imagine what his level was when he was actually pulled over. If it was causing him to drive as described in the above link...it would have to be pretty high.

Giedi

Reaction score
Lady Talon":24cvtrmo said:
Giedi":24cvtrmo said:
loafoftatupu":24cvtrmo said:

Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

Michael will be a pretty good back from the videos the members here posted. I fully expect him to be productive from the start. It's in pass protection that new backs have problems in. 49ers have a decent pass rush, and that can be a problem on third and longs. Marshawn was a big key to winning that 49er v. seahawk game last year. He pretty much ran over the left side of the 49ers defensive line. RJF still has the cleatmarks on his back to show for it. I daresay if Michael is in the game on third and longs, I can see the 49ers doing a lot more blitzing than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.