Are 49ers kinda getting the nod over us as SB favs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":ptknoshu said:
Year after year the 49ers were the most traveled team in the NFL. Thats not an advatage no matter ow you want to spin it.

You're right, it's not; but all the corruption and cheating by a certain DeBartolo back in the day sure was. 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kh7szp3 said:
Marvin49":1kh7szp3 said:
Year after year the 49ers were the most traveled team in the NFL. Thats not an advatage no matter ow you want to spin it.

You're right, it's not; but all the corruption and cheating by a certain DeBartolo back in the day sure was. 8)

SMDH. Dude.

Seriously? That crap? Please explain to me what cheating you are referring to. There was no salary cap. Where did they cheat?

The only thing that they were guilty of was a modification to Brent Jones final contract as a 49er that allowed them to sign....wait for it....Jim Druckenmiller. They then tunred THEMSELVES in and lost a 3rd round pick.

I understand it's the popular notion of teams that hate the Niners to circulate this crap, but it ain't true. Its just an excuse.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hfoxc0f said:
Lady Talon":2hfoxc0f said:
Giedi":2hfoxc0f said:
As a west coast team the 49ers seem to have handled regional time differences and have been successful, so I don't see regional time difference as an issue that will prevent any west coast team from winning games. Yes Circadian rythms do exist, and yes it does affect performance, but conversly late games should also be a benefit to west coast teams. Theoretically, they should even out over time.

I didn't mean that Ray Lewis was an impact player on the Baltimore defense this year, what I meant was that if you look at any championship team, they have very good depth on the defensive side. Well, good depth all around, really. That's what I meant. As for the Giants, their pass rush got old this year, and hence their defensive depth really lost some substance. I think Osi was let go and signed with another team, if I recall correctly.

The vikings and the rams exposed a weakned defensive line, and that's what the 49ers remedied this past draft. Seattle ran over the 49er replacement DE in December 23, 2012. That's what happens if a team does not have championship depth.

Take away the non salary cap, and early Free Agency years from SF's record and I think you'd be less impressed. All those Saint, Buc, and Stl Rams for 3 1 PM ET time slot a year pads sure ran up the stats when they didn't have a hope in hell of producing equal teams. Regardless, if you are the best in the league at traveling time zones, why should that matter?

Roger Goodell saw fit to fix east coast teams so they did not have to ride west more then twice a year. Based upon the lesser phenomenon of traveling from east to west. Are you arguing that bias shouldn't matter to me? Or should you tell him if he's going to pad east coast winning percentages with this policy, then perhaps he shouldn't schedule massive 1 PM ET starts for west coast teams in east coast stadiums, just to make the policy ALL INCLUSIVE.

Perhaps, if he did that, PST teams wouldn't be so radically up and down or just perennially suck and build some market power to rival the east?

Nothing theoretical about this, its about keeping larger markets on the east coast by not subjecting them to radical time differences, artificially padding their winning percentages, so they don't have the huge bandwagon swings that West Coast teams have.

SMDH.

Are you seriously going to try and talk like you know anything about the older days of the NFC West and then have us take you seriously when you quote the Bucs as a team in that division?

Really?

Year after year the 49ers were the most traveled team in the NFL. Thats not an advatage no matter how you want to spin it. The Siants, Rams, and FALCONS also had times when they were good teams and contended for the playoffs...they just couldn't compete with SF.

I am soooooo tired of theis "if you take away the pre salary cap era its not as impressive". Um....There was no free agency. The Niner drafted almost all of the players on theier roster. Having all that money isn't the advantage you think when nobody can escape their team.

If you're going to be emotional, go stay in smack shack where it's normal talk. Go look at the time stamp of my post and realize it was probably a mistake. I make them. If you're tired of people's opinions of the Niners, stay out of the Seahawks fan forum. Also, if you demand post perfection, type with less spelling errors, looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.